Great Britain's News, Politics, and Foreign Affairs

Arcanine

Government Elected; Surprise Underdog Victor takes Prime Minister

U3GWUuc.jpg

Aderyn "Addy" Gryffin, aged 37, the youngest politician in her cabinet, and new Prime Minister of Great Britain.

Ms Gryffin was not an early favorite and was a surprise to win the election, as English and Scottish voters split an unusally high number of votes among conservative groups allowing Ms Gryffin to win with a plurality in the first round. Her underdog status, charm, and good looks propelled her to a second round victory over a fractured coalition conservative leader. The new leader of the Welsh Liberal Party, or WLP ("welp"), Ms Gryffin was a long-short to even advance through the Welsh cricuit, but her fiery speech about stabilization prioritizing over local squabbles won her the support of many who continue to be tired of a central government that refuses to stay stable or even exist.

Her first term she expects to spend most of her time setting up Great Britain for a long-term stable government and courting foreign countries for stable foreign investment in Great Britain.

To: Prime Minister Aderyn Gryffin of Great Britain

Hello there! Madame Prime Minister, it is with the greatest respect and sincerity that I personally congratulate you on your victory in what I can only assume was a fair and free election. As you move towards taking your post, I wish to propose a meeting. Our two nations face very similar challenges in the coming years; rebuilding a functioning government, establishing an economy that serves the people, and guarding our people against the terrors of the world. If it is amenable to you, I would like to personally come and visit so that we might work toward an agreement both our governments, and our people, can find agreeable.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Sincerest Wishes,

Jean Nividy, President of the Republic of Madagascar

MV5BMTM2ODgwNDAxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDc1

To: Prime Minister Aderyn Gryffin of Great Britain

Hello there! Madame Prime Minister, it is with the greatest respect and sincerity that I personally congratulate you on your victory in what I can only assume was a fair and free election. As you move towards taking your post, I wish to propose a meeting. Our two nations face very similar challenges in the coming years; rebuilding a functioning government, establishing an economy that serves the people, and guarding our people against the terrors of the world. If it is amenable to you, I would like to personally come and visit so that we might work toward an agreement both our governments, and our people, can find agreeable.
I hope to hear from you soon,
Sincerest Wishes,
Jean Nividy, President of the Republic of Madagascar

Mister President,

I'm glad that you are the first head of state to officially take the time to contact me; Madagascar is a wonderful island, one I went to as a child, and you are a man I look up to.  It would be my honor to accept your visit to Cardiff and speak with you and open up relations between our two governments.

Gladly,
Addy

Edited by Arcanine