Hudson Bay Economic Cooperative

Tanis777

It was the twilight of summer on the Great Plains and yet the sun shown brightly as ever on the flatness of the Great Plains just outside of Calgary, Alberta.  A large stage with two huge projector screens flanked the screen among the rolling hills of the plains.  A large gathering of nearly 20,000 had turned out to listen to several bands rock out in the grasslands; however, Chancellor Welks was set to arrive as well to give a speech to part of his Midwestern Canadian constitutes.

The speech would be broadcasted live as Welks took to the stage, replaying some of his youth with some of the band members still on stage, with it's mess of cords and instruments.  He wore informal blue jeans with a nice dark blue polo as he began to speak.

"Folks, today, as this beautiful fall weather breaks out among us during these festive times, I'm here to say today that the status of the Federation has never been stronger!" started Welks.

The crowd cheered to the upbeat message as he let the crowd settle down some before continuing on.

"We have, as a nation, improved since the dark days of nuclear holocaust on Winnipeg.  Striving to achieve the best and honor the fallen, we have met that call and then some.  Under my watch, we have grown to the focal voice of a budding continent, and in the light of the fall of last, great Mexican administration, I'm bring the Federation into a new light on the world stage.  We cannot be isolated any longer to the daily changes that shape this world.  While our influence is light outside of the Western Hemisphere, I pledge to exercise prudent judgement of maintaining a new phase for North America.  One, where the barriers of distrust and stubbornness is tore down!

My administration has worked tirelessly since the fall of Mexico to bring a semblance of order to a chaotic and isolated North America.  We're expanding diplomatically where we can, both economically and militarily, that is mutually beneficial to ourselves and others.   

Today, I am announcing the latest step forward in my initiative to move North America forward..."

The projection screen switched to a logo, emblazoned with 'Hudson Bay Economic Cooperative'.  The next slide showed North America with each nation's respective border.

"The Hudson Bay Economic Cooperative is the latest initiative bring existing economic partners and new ones into a structured outlines of forwarding economic goals between them and us.  Whether that be negotiations with tariffs, collaboration on port of entry processes, work on passport/visa requirements, general economic aid to certain industries, modernization efforts, etc.  We will help blaze a path of guiding to optimal best practices with our nation."

The next slide showed the globe.

Welks continued, "In the end, our initiative isn't limited to whom we work with our immediate neighbors, I welcome the world community and global companies to seek out the opportunities that Hudson Bay offers.  Thank you folks and enjoy the rest of the show!"

The applaud to the speech was quite loud and Welks left the stage, he stayed behind the stage for a bit as the music began to play again.  The ball was out of his hands now he thought as evening began to break.