Envoy to the People's Republic of Africa

Biohazard

[center][img]http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2006/news/060918a/adewale_akinnuoye_agbaje.jpg[/img][/center]

Kwame Nkrumah, Head Diplomat of Foreign Affairs from the Empire of Wagadou, sent a message to the government of the PRA.

[quote]
Greetings,

The Empire of Wagadou, or more informally, Ghana, would like to invite the People's Republic of Africa, to a diplomatic meeting in Accra, the capital, to discuss the relations between the fledgling Ghanaian nation and the Republic.

Emperor Khine, as well as myself, would be present should you choose to visit.

If you choose to attend, please send a message so that the proper accommodations can be made.

Sincerely,

[i]Kwame Nkrumah[/i],
Head Diplomat of Foreign Affairs
[/quote]

Edited by Biohazard

[quote name='Biohazard' timestamp='1308894285' post='2740181']
[code]
Greetings,

The Empire of Wagadou, or more informally, Ghana, would like to invite the People's Republic of Africa, to a diplomatic meeting in Accra, the capital, to discuss the relations between the fledgling Ghanaian nation and the Republic.

Emperor Khine, as well as myself, would be present should you choose to visit.

If you choose to attend, please send a message so that the proper accommodations can be made.

Sincerely,

[i]Kwame Nkrumah[/i],
[/code]
[/quote]

The following message was sent in response:

[quote]The People's Republic of Africa would be willing to send our Minister of Foreign Affairs, Muwaffaq Muta, along with two other diplomats to the diplomatic meeting. We look forward to meeting you in person.

Regards,
[i]
Abdul-Haqq Ibn Waffles[/i]
Head of Parliament [/quote]

Kwame opened the door for Muwaffaq Muta, and the two other diplomats on his sides. The conference room of the Capital Building, in Accra, was furnished nicely. On either side of the rooms were two incredibly large couches, each sporting an HD Flatscreen. Various food was dispersed throughout the room, with the center of the table holding a large basket of assorted fruits. Paintings, and historical documents decorated the walls, with a marble, circular table smack in the center of the room.

As Muwaffaq entered the room, Kwame shook his hand, and pulled him into a brotherly hug. "Hello!" he boomed, a strong accent in his voice. "I must regret to inform you that Emperor Khine is away on an important call...national matters, unfortunately. Nonetheless, I am sure you will find yourself pleasantly enjoying your time while in Ghana. Please, sit down," he said, gesturing towards the marble table.

"I'll be quick to get into it" said Kwame. "As a fledgling nation, Wagadou does not have close relations with nigh anyone. We are definitely looking to change that, and it seems only right, or obvious, that we should begin with those closest to home: The PRA. As it stands, we're open to any sort of agreement that benefits both of our nations."

After taking a seat Muwaffaq replies

"Before we get involved in talks of treaties, would you mind telling us a bit about this country as a whole? Such as policy in regards to internal affairs, foreign affairs, your views on the continent of Africa as a whole, and views on colonialism. If there is anything else you would wish to add, please feel free to do so."

"Most certainly!" said Kwame. He eased up in his chair a bit, and began.

"Internally, local populations are allowed to form democratic councils, that hold immense sway within the government administrative divisions for the region they're presiding over. At the end of the day though, Empire Khine has the last word on things within the nation. Fortunately enough for the nation, and more importantly the people, he isn't a megalomaniac. Outside of internal workings, we are focusing on getting the nation completely up to one hundred percent, and to ensure that the quality of living for our population is standard.

In foreign affairs, we're simply trying to find friends and allies amongst Africa. So far, the people and nations of Africa have given us a warm welcome, so I personally don't expect it to be too hard to make friends.

To Africa as a whole, the Emperor has plans for it. If they come to fruition, all of Africa will benefit. The nations of Africa all seem to be well-to-do, honest, and loyal. There are a few kinks currently, in Africa, but by the end of it, it'll be a better place. But, the first thing we have to do before we can help all of Africa, is ensure that our people are safe, and by extension, that the rest of Africa is safe.

On Colonialism, it is a vile thing. More often than not, when an imperialist nation gives up part of its land, it props up the new nation, and the new nation turns into a lapdog, clinging to the father nation for survival. Which, is unfortunate. If you were going to let them have the land, and still run the nation, why give them the land at all? Or better yet, stop running their nation and let them be self-ruling. It is our hope to ensure that colonialism in Africa is stopped, at all costs."

"Excellent. It is great to hear that you wish to work wish the rest of Africa to make it a better place. Back to treaties, do you have any specific type of treaty you were thinking of?"

"Wagadou would prefer an MDP. You're the first nation we have reached out to, because we believed you would make one of the best allies. Should you require our assistance, ever, we'd be more than happy to oblige and help in any way that we conceivably can."

"An MDoAP? That would be splendid. Do you have a framework document on hand, or shall we draft it together? And, are there any special clauses outside of sovereignty, intelligence, mutual defence, optional aggression, and the like, that you would like to include?"

"Indeed, I do have a framework document which is open to any changes or additions you may have." Muwaffaq turned to one of the other two diplomats with him, who proceeded to hand him an envelope with a document inside which read the following:

[quote]Article I: Sovereignty
Both nations shall remain sovereign bodies. They shall not infringe on the other’s sovereignty nor shall they conduct any actions that may negatively affect the other nation. They refrain from conducting military acts of aggression or espionage against the other nation, directly or through another nation. The two nations shall also refrain from enforcing or upholding economic or trade sanctions against a fellow signatory.

Article II: Mutual Defense
Each nation recognizes that an attack on one signatory is an attack on the other. The signatories shall therefore provide any requested support in a defensive war, whether it be through military, financial, or political support. Should a signatory become attacked due to an aggressive war, the treaty becomes optional. While being optional, the signatories are still urged to support one another's endeavors.

Article III: Optional Aggression
a) Should either signatory choose to conduct or be a part of an aggressive action against another sovereign nation, they may request support from the other signatory, in terms of military, financial, or political support.
b) Both signatories guarantee at the time of this treaty that we agree with the doctrines and policy of the other signatory. Should another country break the policy or doctrine of a signatory in place at the time of the treaty's signing, the other signatory has the right to request support through the means listed above. Should new doctrines and policies be enacted, in order for sub-article B both signatories must be consulted and not express objection.
c) Any military action taken by or against a signatory can be considered a valid and legal casus belli for the other.

Article IV: Economic & Trade Affairs

Both signatories are encouraged but in no way required to provide economic assistance or aid when requested.

Article V: Intelligence

a) Both signatories agree to share any and all information found by either signatory that is relevant to the safety and sovereignty the other signatory.
b) Both signatories shall inform the other of any intelligence which may result in a war, either of aggression or defense for either signatory.

Article VI: Cancellation

a) Should Article I, Article II, or Article V be violated by either signatory, the counter signatory may choose to immediately dissolve this pact in its entirety.
b) Should either nation come to decide that they no longer wish to be bound by this pact, it may be cancelled at any point. However its articles will remain in effect for 48 hours after either private or public notification of the activation of Article VI.

[b]Signed for The People's Republic of Africa,[/b]
[size="1"][/size]
[i]Muwaffaq Muta[/i], Minister of Foreign Affairs
[size="1"][/size]
[i]Abdul-Haqq Ibn Waffles[/i], Head of Parliament
[/quote]

"The treaty looks perfect; it will be most acceptable," said Kwame, as he scribbled down his signature.

Kwame Nkrumah,

"And this, will suffice for Emperor Khine." He gestured towards one of the imperial servants, who produced an ink-seal bearing the Emperor's name.

Emperor Khine,
Emperor of Wagadou