Meeting In Nishinomiya

Sarah Tintagyl

OOC: This was an IC-meeting held by, Mykep, myself, Biohazard, and Elrich von Richt yesterday evening and changed to narrative format, thank you.

IC:

With the merger between the people of the past Haruhiist Empire and the Republic of Furon there seemed to be chance for Asia to begin to pull itself together once again, nothing was really more prevalent. Since the break up of the Dragon Empire, Asia seemed to be in a perpetual state of turmoil and much of it rose from the hatred that existed between the people of the God-Empress and the followers of Arkvoodle. It was this rivalry of two Japanese people that seemed to almost push Asia into another war and countless backroom dealings were made across the world by both nations. Allies in the crumbling Asiatic Unity Pact for the people of Haruhi, while the Furion found close ties with the American Empires, once again, perhaps bringing the continents across the Pacific to blows once again. The Oceanics had stayed as far out of the chaotic situation as possible, but as killing increased on Furon and rumors persisted that the Haruhiists were becoming much more aggressive, even Australia and Greater Pacifica began to turn their eyes to the north.

Now with the consolidation of the Japanese culture in place, moves were taken to ensure the preservation of Asian peace and prosperity, overseen by the Acca Daccans, while Australia made good to further stabilize the regions that had fallen so far out of favor during the following crisis. As such, the new Emperor and Empress of the Eternal Empire proposed a meeting between the various players who had paid, perhaps not close attention to the developments on the Pacific Rim, but that there was a primary concern as of now. The small conference was to be held in the new Etanian capital of Nishinomiya. It would be a small meeting, with, besides the Empress and Emperor, only two others were in attendance. This being the Australian Queen and a Representative from Acca Dacca from the Melanesian Brotherhood. The two Oceanics arrived as the sun was just setting over the beautiful island nation. They were taken both from the airport on a secure limousine drive to the palace of the the new Imperial family and there seated, legs crossed, around a professionally carved ebony table, with scenes of Japanese mythology emblazoned in the wood they planned the future of their nations' relationships together.

Brother Arthur Emery of Acca Dacca bowed his head gently to the three royals seated around the table and smiled before he began. "Good evening Your Majesties. It is a pleasure to meet with you all under the current circumstances. It is our belief that Acca Dacca's treaty with Furon will be carried over and transferred to the new Etanian state?"

Haruhi nodded as he finished. "Yes, the Teikoku has every intention of continuing to honor the treaty with Acca Dacca."

"Then to continue." He folded his hands across the table. "The nation of Acca Dacca has always deemed it fit to carry on the peaceful traditions of the first Hanseatic Commonwealth ruled by Lady Tintagyl..." At the comparison Hannah grimaced for a moment, but did her best to hide it from the others, the fact that her predecessor, while Hannah looked up to, could become a damning of Australia's own policies. "It is our peacekeeping and honor that has always given us the drive to maintain certain allies and influence our international policy. We wish to work so that Asia can become a peaceful continent once again, and I can pledge to you know that any ally of ours will have our help until our state is completely over run, our resources spent, and our bunkers in flames. I assure you, you will have no better ally than Acca Dacca."

Haruhi smiled at the pledge of honor. "I find your response reasonable and just, the Teikoku too does not fight for our allies because we are obligated to do so, but because we value their friendship. Thus we sign treaties with only nations we respect."

"As do we Empress." Said Emery. "Then now that I know that treaty is out of the way, I would like to bring up another subject that I believe concerns all nations here. It has been an Acca Daccan push to seek to spread the Hanseatic Mark as an international currency, that started in the old Commonwealth and spread to her allies and provinces. We would ask if it would be possible to find a mutual currency agreement as well."

"Brother." Hannah finally opened her mouth. "If I may interject for a moment. In just a few weeks time, the Hanseatic Mark will be entirely replaced by the Australian Dollar, mind you that this is not a change in value, so it should not cause an economic crisis, but to let you know that even the home country will cease continuation of that currency. However, I would have no objection to the use of the Australian currency to become the mutual currency in the Pacific Rim."

"I doubt people would want to label their money Australian in Japan, Your Highness." Said Emery.

"We changed the name once, we can easily do it again, to the Asian Dollar or whatever works. That is a lesser concern."

"At the moment." Haruhi raised her hands. "The Teikoku uses the Yen as the traditional currency of Japan. But switching to a universal Asian currency in the future is something that I do see as achievable as a why to unite our Asian brethren further. As to this new unity, it has been in my mind for some time. It is good to know first that our treaties will be carried over, so that is out of the way." She smiled and took a deep breath. "However, the Teikoku will be withdrawing her position in the Asiatic Unity Pact, this alliance has been riddled with nothing but corruption and has become unstable and weak. Therefore I propose something much greater. Something free from the talon like grip it was beginning to resemble, much like the Dragon Empire."

Hannah snorted. "Or the Eurasian Union."

Haruhi ignored the Australian and continued. "It brought great sorrow to my eyes to see that as the Dragon Empire fell the possibility that Asia would be divided up by powers not home to her. Asia and Oceania must control their own destinies."

"Agreed." The Oceanics said in unison.

"Well." Said Emery. "If its something we should learn from the Asiatic Unity Pact is perhaps to be a bit more strict with our allies. Nations that apply should have to at least be nominated by other nations, or interviewed so that we know the types of allies we are pledging ourselves to. Instead of the treason that went on at the fall of the Dragon Empire. But that is all I can say to it now."

"Understandable." Haruhi turned to Hannah and nodded. "You had things to discuss Ms. Asgeirsson?"

"Yes, I did." Said Hannah nodding. "First I would like to thank you both for allowing me an audience."

"Madame." Said Takeo finally speaking. "The pleasure and the honor is mine to be speaking with you today."

"Thank you very much Majesty. What I would like to discuss is Australia's concerns since the genocide and the new alliance that you three have talked about. I can tell you know that it has only been because of the recent Asian instability that Australian policy has looked so inward, I would be delighted to have that begin to change. So you can count on Australia to be there at the moment."

"Very good." The God-Empress smiled.

"However, the second issue is one that predates the creation of this new empire." Hannah turned to Takeo. "Before consolidation, Australia took great offense to the antics of Furon and had planned an invasion to better govern the region, more so than had been done in the past. However, while I know Japan is consolidated, the overseas territory of Taiwan is not?"

"Well the territory of Taiwan is itself, just that, a territory. It was never formally introduced to the Republic of Furon and therefore is not state funded and has little benefits." Said Takeo.

"Then I believe considering the past and Australia's advancements, that the territory is placed under our control." Hannah smiled. "I can assure Your Majesties that Taiwan will be given all rights as Australian citizens have on the mainland."

"I see no problem with that." Said Takeo. "Taiwan would be far better off in the hands of a nation that supports it willingly, than in its proverbial state of limbo that it is currently in and was during the old regime."

"An honor Your Majesty."

"Hannah?" Haruhi tilted her head at the Queen. "You know I had the pleasure of meeting your predecessor a long while ago. Albeit only for a few moments."

"Lady Tintagyl?"

"Yes, she was an interesting woman to say the least..."

They continued talking about lesser things far off into the night, around cups of saki and dishes brought in by servants...