"About that elevator.."

Lynneth

Chairwoman Merkel sat in her office, contemplating.

So much knowledge...

Yet it could vanish so quickly, to be lost through even a short civil war. All the scientific work of the great minds in Canada...

"No. It must not be lost.."

She took the phone, pressing a quickdial-combination. She would talk to Rebel Army, waiting for its leader to pick up the phone.

In his bedroom, Lavo Shalam groaned. It was 4 am, and was right after a long day and an even longer night, yet his emergency line was ringing. After stirring, his wife said: "The emergency line, at this hour?" While putting on a pair of pants Lavo responded. "Yeah... It's alright, I won't be long, head back to sleep." "Mkay." Then he ran off to answer the call.

Once the man in Rebel Army finally had answered, Merkel didn't even give him the chance to introduce himself.

"Greetings, Lavo Shalam. I'm the Chairwoman of Canada, Angela Merkel, and I'm calling you for something rather important, regarding Canadian assets for space-exploration...Specifically the Space Elevator, also known as Equatorial Star and some other things. I know it's early in your country, but it won't take long."

She hoped the man would agree to what she had planned, for if he didn't, the canadian knowledge of space-exploration may just vanish if the country fell.

"It's alright, I'm used to these kinda calls by now... Even if I'm not a fan of them." He chuckled for a moment. "So Madam Chairwoman, what seems to be the matter?"

"I know how you feel, I get woken regularly, too. Ayways...I called you because I'd like to propose a treaty.

Short and simple, it would be the following: Should Canada fall for some reason, the Rebel Army will get full access to the formerly Canadian space-exploration assets - meaning the Space Elevator, the entire territory down there, as well as our spaceshuttles ad whatever knowledge we've gathered until now. You'd also get control of the half-finished moonbase we have up there.

Similarly, should Rebel Army fall, their space-exploration assets would become part of Canada, et cetera. It's in the end a small extension of the NAP we've signed already. What do you think?"

Edit: OOC: "exploarion". Yeah, right. Fix'd that.

Edited by Lynneth

On the other side of the line Lavo's jaw dropped. The Canadians are worried about falling apart? The RA gaining all of this knowledge?!? The possibilities and ramifications of this treaty were truly endless. Without a second thought the man replied. "Where do we sign?"

On the other side of the line Lavo's jaw dropped. The Canadians are worried about falling apart? The RA gaining all of this knowledge?!? The possibilities and ramifications of this treaty were truly endless. Without a second thought the man replied. "Where do we sign?"

"I'll send you the treaty shortly, my friend, with my signature already on it. You'll just have to sign it and send an official copy back, and it's done."

Less than an hour later, the following treaty would reach Lavo Shalam.

The 'Buddies in Space' treaty

Preamble

This treaty, signed in good faith and in the interests of interstellar stability, is between the Rebel Army and Canada, covering both of their interstellar assets.

Article I

Should one of the Signatories fall for some reason - be it war, civil war, anarchy or any other reason for the rightful government to fall - the all its assets for space exploration will be relinquished to the other Signatory.

Article IIa

"Assets for Space Exploration" includes: Gathered knowledge about space; Space Elevators and orbital bases (be they geosynchronous or not); Any kinds of space-shuttles, for example Canada's Endeavour class; Any permanent or temporary constructions on the moon.

Article IIb

In Canada's case, this would also include the territory around the Space Elevator, also known as Estuaire.

Article III

This treaty can be expanded on if all Signatories agree to it; Similarly, others can be allowed to sign it, if all Signatories agree to it.

Article IV

A signatory may only withdraw from the treaty after a public 72 hour notice from a legitimate government official.

Signed for Canada,

Angela Merkel, Chairwoman

"Alright will do." Lavo replied before hanging up. When the bell rang 30 mins later due to the treaty arriving he said. "Those crazy Canucks... How the hell that got here so fast is beyond me..."

The 'Buddies in Space' Treaty

Preamble

This treaty, signed in good faith and in the interests of interstellar stability, is between the Rebel Army and Canada, covering both of their interstellar assets.

Article I

Should one of the Signatories fall for some reason - be it war, civil war, anarchy or any other reason for the rightful government to fall - the all its assets for space exploration will be relinquished to the other Signatory.

Article IIa

"Assets for Space Exploration" includes: Gathered knowledge about space; Space Elevators and orbital bases (be they geosynchronous or not); Any kinds of space-shuttles, for example Canada's Endeavour class; Any permanent or temporary constructions on the moon.

Article IIb

In Canada's case, this would also include the territory around the Space Elevator, also known as Estuaire.

Article III

This treaty can be expanded on if all Signatories agree to it; Similarly, others can be allowed to sign it, if all Signatories agree to it.

Article IV

A signatory may only withdraw from the treaty after a public 72 hour notice from a legitimate government official.

Signed for Canada,

Angela Merkel, Chairwoman

Signed for Rebel Army,

Lavo Shalam, Prime Minister

Edited by Lavo_2