A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1301857337' post='2683525']
Yes, NPO thought much the same thing about others not doing anything. As for consequences for speaking out, so you are saying that if we are not silent, we risk war with DH. Thanks for confirming that the OP is a lie and nothing more.
[/quote]

No, hes saying if your not silent you risk showing the world how stupid you all truly are.

A wise man once said "'Tis better to remain silent and appear wise, than to open your mouth and dispel all doubt".

Or to put it in simpler terms, trash talk all you want, but don't be surprised if people hold the trash talk against you in later interactions. Exercising freedom of speech also means claiming responsibility for your words.

Edited by TypoNinja

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1301858533' post='2683531']
No, hes saying if your not silent you risk showing the world how stupid you all truly are.

A wise man once said "'Tis better to remain silent and appear wise, than to open your mouth and dispel all doubt".

Or to put it in simpler terms, trash talk all you want, but don't be surprised if people hold the trash talk against you in later interactions. Exercising freedom of speech also means claiming responsibility for your words.
[/quote]

Right because saying that someone is writing a check he can't cash sounds nothing like a threat. Or that the next "tirade" DH goes on will include all those AAs who spoke out against them is not a threat. Sorry, but you are wrong. Those are specific threats due to people speaking freely. That is nothing like what you are trying to state whatsoever and the fact that you are attempting to spin it as anything other than the blatant threats they are is quite amusing. Do you really think everyone else is that stupid?

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1301860863' post='2683546']
Right because saying that someone is writing a check he can't cash sounds nothing like a threat. Or that the next "tirade" DH goes on will include all those AAs who spoke out against them is not a threat. Sorry, but you are wrong. Those are specific threats due to people speaking freely. That is nothing like what you are trying to state whatsoever and the fact that you are attempting to spin it as anything other than the blatant threats they are is quite amusing. Do you really think everyone else is that stupid?
[/quote]

I think, we as an entire political 'side' proved our willingness to let people trash talk as much as they wanted by not acting on the WCE logs. But there is a line you miss.

Just as you may not indiscriminately shout "FIRE!" in a crowded place to incite a panic and claim your free speech shields you from all responsibly there is also a point where one can cross the line into words that are actionable. "Them's fightin' words" as it were.

Speak, Speak all you want. !@#$%*, whine, moan and complain, blow every minor incident from a paper cut to a stubbed twe up into a drama fest like it was the end of the world. Call us the next incarnation of Satan (some of you pretty much have already).

But for the love of your room temperature IQ stop acting surprised when it makes people decide rolling you (or simply watching you get rolled, I'm sure IRON just grabbed a beer, kicked up their feet and turned the tivo onto record when we jumped Polar) would give them a warm fuzzy feeling. And while your at it learn the difference between what people want to do and what people are willing to do.

Freedom of speech does not mean you can shoot your mouth of as much as you want with no consequences. It does mean you get to shoot your mouth off, but you also get to deal with the results of your words.

Edited by TypoNinja

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1301863372' post='2683563']
Freedom of speech does not mean you can shoot your mouth of as much as you want with no consequences. It does mean you get to shoot your mouth off, but you also get to deal with the results of your words.
[/quote]
"The end of silence for fear of persecution."

This sounds to me like it's the end of the restriction of freedom of speech like NPO did. You forget, [i]there's no actual way to restrict someone's freedom of speech other than through intimidation.[/i] There's no possible way for you to stop anyone from posting, the only way to limit it is by threats, and making people 'deal with the results of your words'. Which is exactly what you are doing. Which is exactly what NPO is doing.

You're no different, and don't pretend you are.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1301863372' post='2683563']Freedom of speech does not mean you can shoot your mouth of as much as you want with no consequences. It does mean you get to shoot your mouth off, but you also get to deal with the results of your words.[/quote]

Sounds like you copied that directly from the tC or OV playbook.

I think, we as an entire political 'side' proved our willingness to let people trash talk as much as they wanted by not acting on the WCE logs. But there is a line you miss.

Just as you may not indiscriminately shout "FIRE!" in a crowded place to incite a panic and claim your free speech shields you from all responsibly there is also a point where one can cross the line into words that are actionable. "Them's fightin' words" as it were.

Speak, Speak all you want. !@#$%*, whine, moan and complain, blow every minor incident from a paper cut to a stubbed twe up into a drama fest like it was the end of the world. Call us the next incarnation of Satan (some of you pretty much have already).

But for the love of your room temperature IQ stop acting surprised when it makes people decide rolling you (or simply watching you get rolled, I'm sure IRON just grabbed a beer, kicked up their feet and turned the tivo onto record when we jumped Polar) would give them a warm fuzzy feeling. And while your at it learn the difference between what people want to do and what people are willing to do.

[/quote]

Freedom of Speech is actually supposed to mean that you can say some things without some entity being able to enforce intensely negative consequences that would heavily discourage people from saying them. There is of course, a rationality element that comes into play; you cannot say absolutely anything you want without negative consequence - that would be one extreme. But what you are describing is the other extreme, that if you say something, you must accept the consequences other parties will impost for that, no matter what they are. Quite obviously, if people become very likely to roll you for criticizing them, that becomes a very real example of trying to limit "freedom of speech".

Where the line between the two lies is never clearly established, varying according to political positions, beliefs and timing.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1301857337' post='2683525']
The following quotes are from this post of mrwuss: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=99990&view=findpost&p=2683356

"It won't be you that comes collecting; so stop writing checks your future self can't cash." This sounds like a threat due to Justincredible speaking his mind.

"The peanut gallery sure has gotten vocal, maybe the next tirade DH goes on should include every non involved AA who has told us how this war should be directed or what will come of it." This one is a threat against every non-involved AA.

So 2 out of 3 parts of mrwuss's post is about DH attacking others for daring to speak out. Only 1 out of 3 has to do with opinions. It is admirable you trying to cover for mrwuss but when 2/3rds of a post is straight up threats, you won't get anyone to believe that he was just referring to their opinion.
[/quote]

Oh, so MrWuss isn't allowed to have an opinion regarding the ability of people being able to cash cheques and how vocal the "peanut gallery" is?

You are being paranoid.

[quote name='Borsche' timestamp='1301869090' post='2683613']
Oh, so MrWuss isn't allowed to have an opinion regarding the ability of people being able to cash cheques and how vocal the "peanut gallery" is?

You are being paranoid.
[/quote]

I don't see any paranoia, I only seen him pointing another hypocrite from your side.

As far as MrWuss' threats... Please try to shut me up, or in TypoNinja's version of it "give me consequences" for speaking out against DH. I know that you wont, can't and aren't quite ready for the next power shift just yet, so until then I will continue to speak my mind, free of consequence until you're in a position to stop me.

[/quote]

So then it is not freedom of speech without fear of persecution. It is instead freedom of speech with freedom of being attacked and rolled for speaking out against DH/PB? so you are now saying the OP is a lie?

Also, this is not a discussion on watching someone get rolled for speaking out. This is a discussion on the alliances that would roll another alliance for speaking out. Those on the sidelines are free to do as they wish, as are those who would do the rolling. Though if DH/PB were the ones to do the rolling, then it is quite obvious that the OP is nothing more than a lie.

[quote name='Borsche' timestamp='1301869090' post='2683613']

You are being paranoid.
[/quote]

The difference between what I am saying and what he is saying is that MrWuss is threatening people with being attacked for being vocal. I am only calling him out on doing that. I never once said he was not allowed to say what he said, I only said that it causes the OP to become a lie. But you are free to keep trying to make me look like I threatened mrwuss anywhere in my posts.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1301868942' post='2683610']
Freedom of Speech is actually supposed to mean that you can say some things without some entity being able to enforce intensely negative consequences that would heavily discourage people from saying them. There is of course, a rationality element that comes into play; you cannot say absolutely anything you want without negative consequence - that would be one extreme. But what you are describing is the other extreme, that if you say something, you must accept the consequences other parties will impost for that, no matter what they are. Quite obviously, if people become very likely to roll you for criticizing them, that becomes a very real example of trying to limit "freedom of speech".

Where the line between the two lies is never clearly established, varying according to political positions, beliefs and timing.
[/quote]

Well yes, but as I previously mentioned I think the WCE logs amply demonstrate our willingness to be pretty liberal about where that line is. It was a room full of government of various alliances trying to decide how to fabricate a war against us. If we didn't move on that I think it proves that an alliance is going to have to try pretty hard to actually provoke a DoW.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1301873279' post='2683644']
So then it is not freedom of speech without fear of persecution. It is instead freedom of speech with freedom of being attacked and rolled for speaking out against DH/PB? so you are now saying the OP is a lie?
[/quote]

Did you practice to become this thick headed, or does it come naturally?

[quote]Also, this is not a discussion on watching someone get rolled for speaking out. This is a discussion on the alliances that would roll another alliance for speaking out. Those on the sidelines are free to do as they wish, as are those who would do the rolling. Though if DH/PB were the ones to do the rolling, then it is quite obvious that the OP is nothing more than a lie.[/quote]

As I brought up before, many times, if we wanted to roll people for their words you'd have seen some WCE related DoW's instead of the collective point and laugh the incident did generate.

[quote]
The difference between what I am saying and what he is saying is that MrWuss is threatening people with being attacked for being vocal. I am only calling him out on doing that. I never once said he was not allowed to say what he said, I only said that it causes the OP to become a lie. But you are free to keep trying to make me look like I threatened mrwuss anywhere in my posts.
[/quote]

What a shocking experience, you aim trash talk at them, they aim trash talk back at you. Who could possibly have forseen this outcome!

I wonder if GOONS realize that they are basically setting themselves up for monumental reparations down the line once they lose a war (Which [i]will[/i] happen, sooner or later). Not that this is any sort of a threat, merely an observation of the situation. It came back and bit NPO hard in the ass when they lost Karma. Whoever it is that topples the current hegemony, even if totally unrelated to the people DH is stomping now (And indeed will likely be composed of their former allies), is going to look at GOONS and do the same. So, in that regard, charging the astronomical extortion fees that they are this war, just doesn't make economical sense. (This is all of course assuming that GOONS doesn't just fold like a house of cards once they find themselves in such a war. A losing war isn't an ideal environment to collect pubbie tears, after all.)

But, what do you expect from children? They want it all now, with no concern for the long term implications.
[right][img]http://www.64digits.com/users/HeroofTime55/darkrai_thumb_3.png[/img][/right]

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1301874708' post='2683651']
[/quote]

I am being thick headed when it is you who does not realize what, "The end of silence for fear of persecution." means.

You are the one who posted, "Just as you may not indiscriminately shout "FIRE!" in a crowded place to incite a panic and claim your free speech shields you from all responsibly there is also a point where one can cross the line into words that are actionable. "Them's fightin' words" as it were."

and

"But for the love of your room temperature IQ stop acting surprised when it makes people decide rolling you...would give them a warm fuzzy feeling." ((took out the part in parenthesis))

and

"It does mean you get to shoot your mouth off, but you also get to deal with the results of your words."

So, no, I am not naturally thick headed, nor am I thick headed in the least. Apparently you are though. So, now that you actually know what is the topic of discussion, your posts are in complete contradiction to what is stated in the OP. The OP states that there would be no consequences simply for speaking one's mind whilst you state there would be. Thus, either you are lying or the OP is. Or it could be you just being thick headed and not know what is actually going on.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1301874708' post='2683651']
[/quote]

If it comes naturally to anyone, it's you, you seem to be missing the argument here and that is the threats made against people for what they say, it's not trash talk back, I don't think anyone has a problem with that, it's getting responces like: "[i]The peanut gallery sure has gotten vocal, maybe the next tirade DH goes on should include every non involved AA who has told us how this war should be directed or what will come of it.[/i]" that is the sort of comment being argued about, not the trash talk, should get the basics of the argument before trying to argue back.
[right][IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2ahbi1h.jpg[/IMG][/right]

Edited by LittleRena

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1301875196' post='2683657']
I am being thick headed when it is you who does not realize what, "The end of silence for fear of persecution." means.

You are the one who posted, "Just as you may not indiscriminately shout "FIRE!" in a crowded place to incite a panic and claim your free speech shields you from all responsibly there is also a point where one can cross the line into words that are actionable. "Them's fightin' words" as it were."

and

"But for the love of your room temperature IQ stop acting surprised when it makes people decide rolling you...would give them a warm fuzzy feeling." ((took out the part in parenthesis))

and

"It does mean you get to shoot your mouth off, but you also get to deal with the results of your words."

So, no, I am not naturally thick headed, nor am I thick headed in the least. Apparently you are though. So, now that you actually know what is the topic of discussion, your posts are in complete contradiction to what is stated in the OP. The OP states that there would be no consequences simply for speaking one's mind whilst you state there would be. Thus, either you are lying or the OP is. Or it could be you just being thick headed and not know what is actually going on.
[/quote]

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1301875902' post='2683669']
If it comes naturally to anyone, it's you, you seem to be missing the argument here and that is the threats made against people for what they say, it's not trash talk back, I don't think anyone has a problem with that, it's getting responces like: "[i]The peanut gallery sure has gotten vocal, maybe the next tirade DH goes on should include every non involved AA who has told us how this war should be directed or what will come of it.[/i]" that is the sort of comment being argued about, not the trash talk, should get the basics of the argument before trying to argue back.
[right][IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2ahbi1h.jpg[/IMG][/right]
[/quote]

Do either of you even try to be coherent? I really don't feel like repeating myself a 4th time so why don't you just read up and learn all the myriad ways you are wrong.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1301878070' post='2683682']
Do either of you even try to be coherent? I really don't feel like repeating myself a 4th time so why don't you just read up and learn all the myriad ways you are wrong.
[/quote]

More coherent than you, who can't seem to grasp the diffrent between trash talk and threats.
[right][img]http://i55.tinypic.com/14b3l8k.jpg[/img][/right]

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1301817789' post='2683356']
It won't be you that comes collecting; so stop writing checks your future self can't cash.

The peanut gallery sure has gotten vocal, maybe the next tirade DH goes on should include every non involved AA who has told us how this war should be directed or what will come of it.

Here's a hint, unless you plan on doing something besides grandstanding on the forums then your opinion is worth as much as HoT's ( nothing ).
[/quote]
*wipes a tear from my eye* I'm so proud of you. You have succeeded us in every way.

This is more entertaining than I thought.

HoT, you won't be a part of that war we lose ( if it ever comes to pass) you are too stupid. You would find some way to lose even if your side won.

LittleTooInvolved(rena) you should look up the definition of threat and then go sit back in your corner.

I don't give two !@#$% about speaking out against DH, twist !@#$ all you like to fit your current useless position. My point is I have seen countless people state that DH will get what is coming to them.

Thing is out of all the people saying it 90% of them won't be directly involved in dishing out that justice, so you ARE writing checks you can't and never plan to cash. You are just a group of flappy gums who have a ton of free time.

I have seen less crying from NPO than I have seen from the vocal nobody club from uninvolved lane.

We get it, you don't like us or what is going on. No one cares how you feel.

Now you get it; do something about it now or let me know when you are in a poison to, until then just stop repeating the same shot over and over and over.

Same goes for our side, shut up. You are not going to change the minds of the masses so stop telling them what they refuse to accept. Show them with reps instead, huge, world breaking reps.

Edited by mrwuss

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1301886249' post='2683763']
Same goes for our side, shut up. You are not going to change the minds of the masses so stop telling them what they refuse to accept. Show them with reps instead, huge, world breaking reps.
[/quote]

Wouldn't that just [i]prove[/i] the masses right?
[right][IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/dop8ug.jpg[/IMG][/right]

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1301886685' post='2683772']
Wouldn't that just [i]prove[/i] the masses right?
[right][IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/dop8ug.jpg[/IMG][/right]
[/quote]

I really enjoy warm apple pie with a scoop of homemade vanilla ice-cream.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1301878070' post='2683682']
[/quote]

I will try and be as coherent as you are. adjfhhajsdhfjkwhetwgerasndfjkansdfkjhasdthiuewhuiew That is about as coherent as you have been in this discussion. You have not refuted anything I have stated at all and in fact have only managed to support my argument. Thank you for this. If I was wrong, you would not be supporting my argument.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1301887981' post='2683782']
I will try and be as coherent as you are. adjfhhajsdhfjkwhetwgerasndfjkansdfkjhasdthiuewhuiew That is about as coherent as you have been in this discussion. You have not refuted anything I have stated at all and in fact have only managed to support my argument. Thank you for this. If I was wrong, you would not be supporting my argument.
[/quote]

One final try.

Is mrwuss gov? Is he in a position to set policy for GOONS?

The answer to both would be no, this makes him about the same as you. A member with an opinion. He can't threaten you because he doesn't have the power too. I can threaten to eat the sun with a side of fries for lunch, that doesnt make it something anybody is gonna worry about me doing though.

At which point I point you back to my point further up.

You trash talk them, they trash talk you. [i]Shocking![/i]

Edit: for fun and profit your ignorance here illustrates another point I've attempted to drive home repeatedly.

You always !@#$%* and moan like its the end of the world over the smallest things, it just makes you look silly. A single member from a hundreds strong alliance things you can't back up your words. Oh no. Quick to the Drama-mobile! Its the end of civilization as we know it!

Edited by TypoNinja

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1301891045' post='2683804']
One final try.

Is mrwuss gov? Is he in a position to set policy for GOONS?

The answer to both would be no, this makes him about the same as you. A member with an opinion. He can't threaten you because he doesn't have the power too. I can threaten to eat the sun with a side of fries for lunch, that doesnt make it something anybody is gonna worry about me doing though.

At which point I point you back to my point further up.

You trash talk them, they trash talk you. [i]Shocking![/i]

Edit: for fun and profit your ignorance here illustrates another point I've attempted to drive home repeatedly.

You always !@#$%* and moan like its the end of the world over the smallest things, it just makes you look silly. A single member from a hundreds strong alliance things you can't back up your words. Oh no. Quick to the Drama-mobile! Its the end of civilization as we know it!
[/quote]

It is all well and good that mrwuss has his opinion, again I never stated he was not allowed. I simply stated that the more people from ya'lls side that posts that those opposing you will be dealt with or rolled for speaking out, only further proves that the OP is a lie. Sure, ya'll don't set policy per se, but most alliances tend to listen to their members and the more members who feel the way mrwuss or you do, the more likely the gov will listen.

I don't always !@#$%* and moan mate. This action being done now is not particularly small no matter how you try and paint it. To further my point, look around the forums and realize how many times Sir Paul's tabloid is listed as one of the reasons for NPO being rolled and kept at war. Now, look at the OP that claims that free speech will be allowed without penalties. Now look at the posts stating otherwise, including your own. See how all of that is contradictory. Hell, mrwuss may be a GOONS member but Sardonic is GOONS gov and at least one of the reasons CoJ is getting reps is due to Schatt's mouth. So, mrwuss simply further solidifies that the OP is a lie.

Now, please stop acting like you have proven a damn thing. You are wrong and there are far too many actions done by your side for you to even attempt to state otherwise. Fact is, the OP is some pretty writing but full of lies and false hopes meant to sucker alliances away from the fact that DH/PB have started doing some pretty nasty stuff lately. But in the end it is all smoke and mirrors, solely meant to distract.

In HeroOfTime world what amounts to less than <400 mil per alliance is just as bad as NPO reps. Astronomical extortion, what a joke.

Edited by Antoine Roquentin

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1301892718' post='2683814']
In HeroOfTime world what amounts to less than <400 mil per alliance is just as bad as NPO reps. Astronomical extortion, what a joke.
[/quote]
One million per alliance is too much, when they are honoring defensive treaty obligations. In an aggressive war that was started over nothing (And by nothing I of course mean "nothing besides paranoia and hate from Pacifica's enemies"). Just an FYI.

But yes, when you also make it a requirement that our upper tiers be decimated, that all adds up to a large impact, a large amount of slots being choked by extortion when it would be better to start rebuilding our broke and bill-locked nations. We're not so stupid to be oblivious to all this, between that and the ridiculous amount of forced tech deals MK wants.
[img]http://www.64digits.com/users/HeroofTime55/darkrai_thumb_8_reversed.png[/img]

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1301892476' post='2683812']
It is all well and good that mrwuss has his opinion, again I never stated he was not allowed. I simply stated that the more people from ya'lls side that posts that those opposing you will be dealt with or rolled for speaking out, only further proves that the OP is a lie. Sure, ya'll don't set policy per se, but most alliances tend to listen to their members and the more members who feel the way mrwuss or you do, the more likely the gov will listen.

I don't always !@#$%* and moan mate. This action being done now is not particularly small no matter how you try and paint it. To further my point, look around the forums and realize how many times Sir Paul's tabloid is listed as one of the reasons for NPO being rolled and kept at war. Now, look at the OP that claims that free speech will be allowed without penalties. Now look at the posts stating otherwise, including your own. See how all of that is contradictory. Hell, mrwuss may be a GOONS member but Sardonic is GOONS gov and at least one of the reasons CoJ is getting reps is due to Schatt's mouth. So, mrwuss simply further solidifies that the OP is a lie.

Now, please stop acting like you have proven a damn thing. You are wrong and there are far too many actions done by your side for you to even attempt to state otherwise. Fact is, the OP is some pretty writing but full of lies and false hopes meant to sucker alliances away from the fact that DH/PB have started doing some pretty nasty stuff lately. But in the end it is all smoke and mirrors, solely meant to distract.
[/quote]

I'm sorry that you spend all day twisting everything that is said by anybody to fit into your specific needs.

If Sard listened to members of GOONS for diplomatic direction we would have declared war on The Cascade Coaliton right after we declared we existed. He's smarter than that, as a whole members (outside of gov ) don't give two !@#$% what the world thinks of us. We come to be entertained, so far that is being fullfed more than we ever hoped for. That is why Sard is the leader and that is why we aren't.

So keep on with the constant cries or lies and whatnot, it's cute like a puppy dog.

And FYI, CoJ gets reps for a long standing issue with the lackluster leader, has nothing to do with what he says about DH or PB. He is an infant who never go picked to play on our kickball team and his words are less impacting than the ones HoT tries to cobble together.

So, please, random guy on the sidelines, do stop twisting my words to fit into you agenda.

---------------
Edit:

HoT stop using the word "our" when referring to NPO. You don't have an upper tier, you are useless in the "defense" of NPO. You simply don't matter but you try so hard to wedge yourself into it.

Edited by mrwuss