A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1301174516' post='2677443']
"2k soldiers are more valuable than 3 million dollars."

No wonder you're getting mauled.
[/quote]
I thought it was the fact that he was under the impression you could steal 24m from brand new nations. Or that even if we could give them that much, we'd want to. Because a 1000 NS nation obviously needs more than 3m.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why this topic, like so many other topics discussing the war, has become a debate about military tactics.

It doesn't make sense to argue tactics with your enemy. It is in your enemy's best interest for you to adopt a foolish tactical position, so by definition you really should not be accepting advice from your enemy.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1301174909' post='2677451']
I don't understand why this topic, like so many other topics discussing the war, has become a debate about military tactics.
[/quote]

Because that's literally what this thread was about: NPO's military tactics.

Mystery solved.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1301174909' post='2677451']

It doesn't make sense to argue tactics with your enemy. It is in your enemy's best interest for you to adopt a foolish tactical position, so by definition you really should not be accepting advice from your enemy.
[/quote]
Perhaps, but it certainly provides yet another demonstration of why HoT55 is going all the way in WPE this year.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1301173995' post='2677431']
Not when they're each packed with 2k soldiers.
[/quote]
No, that's a bad idea. You end up usually losing more soldiers in battles, and you can only maintain 8,000-10,000 extra troops for around 3-5 days worth of combat (some of those days you might even lose). When you lose with 12-15 million in aid, you will most likely lose a whole 1 million until you're down to like 3-5 million and you can still lose hundreds of thousands.

The only reason you would do that is simply to use the huge surge of 12-15 million to build infrastructure/tech and make a nation which your current targets cannot possibly beat. (Since Doomhouse have the major advantage at the time, this isn't actually a bad idea). However in most situations, the enemy will still have some reserve nations which will hit you if you decide to beef up and then you'll have even more trouble.

Taking the aid as you need it helps fight at smaller levels much easier. 3 million at lower levels is really all you need. 2k troops is just a nice boost that secures victory in offense/defense depending on when you take the aid.

This conversation is boring. I'm just arguing with a wall. In fact, arguing with a wall might be more productive.

I think I might commission the New XGA Media Corps. to produce an eighth season of DS9. That might be more worth my time.

(As I previously mentioned, it's a popular show in my country. Among all fifty or so people I have left.)

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1301177199' post='2677497']
This conversation is boring. I'm just arguing with a wall. In fact, arguing with a wall might be more productive.
[/quote]
Is this seriously your new thing? Saying things are boring when even people on your own side say you're an idiot? You know the "you're boring" thing is just something children say when they run out of arguments and don't want to admit they're wrong right?

If it's really boring, go away. :awesome:

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1301165107' post='2677272']
Right so new nations who havent even experienced any kind of warfare, can become masters of strategy overnight? You sir is a fool, pumping money into those new nations that dont have a clue how to fight is wasted as money doesnt teach you warfare. dumbass
[/quote]

Judging by the activity level of the lower tiers I am pretty sure that GOONS nations are much more capable of learning from guides than the average nation. That said, draw your conclusions.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1301170982' post='2677383']
Wow. And you claim we're immature?
[/quote]

I gave up trying to have a mature conversation with you a long time ago, do something about it... oh wait most of you are too small and all those in range at GOONS are in peacemode...

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1301225404' post='2678177']
I gave up trying to have a mature conversation with you a long time ago, do something about it... oh wait most of you are too small and all those in range at GOONS are in peacemode...
[/quote]
I see plenty of GOONS in your range and not in peace mode.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1301228143' post='2678187']
I see plenty of GOONS in your range and not in peace mode.
[/quote]

When i was 20k odd every GOONS in range was in peacemode and most of them still are, i have yet to fight you lot which makes me sad, scared much? ;)

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1301252645' post='2678393']
When i was 20k odd every GOONS in range was in peacemode and most of them still are, i have yet to fight you lot which makes me sad, scared much? ;)
[/quote]

Irritating when all your targets hide in PM?

Have we just come full circle?

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1301252645' post='2678393']
[/quote]
Except you're not at 20k NS now. Why aren't you attacking GOONS that are in range?

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1301263118' post='2678503']
Except you're not at 20k NS now. Why aren't you attacking GOONS that are in range?
[/quote]

since you looked at my nation, you would of saw anarchy, so why dont you run along and find some of your mates to attack me :)

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1301272577' post='2678636']
since you looked at my nation, you would of saw anarchy, so why dont you run along and find some of your mates to attack me :)
[/quote]
No, no, no, no... See, you can't whine about not being attacked and then just ask for us to attack you. Why don't you bring the offensive to us?

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1301275463' post='2678660']
No, no, no, no... See, you can't whine about not being attacked and then just ask for us to attack you. Why don't you bring the offensive to us?
[/quote]
You can't declare in anarchy.

[/quote]
Looks like those GOONS guides need a slight upgrade, something about declaring war and being in anarchy. This is a post from a nearly one-year-old member.

(The guy's got two offensive wars against FAN also.)

[/quote]
Wait what, that makes no sense. Of course a person not being attacked can ask to be attacked. You have 3 defensive slots that can only be used for defense PLUS he's in anarchy and can't declare. In fact, I declared on a GOON precisely because he made a whole thread asking to be attacked.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1301279660' post='2678716']
Looks like those GOONS guides need a slight upgrade, something about declaring war and being in anarchy. This is a post from a nearly one-year-old member.

(The guy's got two offensive wars against FAN also.)
[/quote]

Yeah but the rebel was talking about WHEN he was "20k odd" all GOONS were in PM when he was looking to attack someone. So, as useless a comment as that was in itself, he apparently had the ability to declare at that time. Thus, the snarky comments about, "how does it feel", etc.

I think no one in GOONS cares enough to check and see if the rebel is in anarchy, so the blame lies there rather than the poor quality of our guides (which are a fantastic combination of MK's, Umbrella's, and our own material, making them, probably some of the best guides around).

And on that note, GOONS has seen the worst of it this war. if someone nobody wants to grandstand about how they stood defiantly before our battered nations, that's fine by me. We did, after all, make it to peacemode despite being outnumbered 12 to 1.

I guess I could go on about the quality and understanding of our opponent's war guides but, I'll take the high road and assume you're all human as well.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1301323831' post='2679083']
Yeah but the rebel was talking about [b]WHEN he was "20k odd" all GOONS were in PM when he was looking to attack someone.[/b] So, as useless a comment as that was in itself, he apparently had the ability to declare at that time. Thus, the snarky comments about, "how does it feel", etc.

[b]I think no one in GOONS cares enough to check and see if the rebel is in anarchy, so the blame lies there rather than the poor quality of our guides[/b] (which are a fantastic combination of MK's, Umbrella's, and our own material, making them, probably some of the best guides around).

And on that note, GOONS has seen the worst of it this war. if someone nobody wants to grandstand about how they stood defiantly before our battered nations, that's fine by me. We did, after all, make it to peacemode despite being outnumbered 12 to 1.

I guess I could go on about the quality and understanding of our opponent's war guides but, I'll take the high road and assume you're all human as well.
[/quote]

Actually when i was 20k odd, i declared on FAN nations and asked your leader to send some GOONS my way, obviously they was all in peacemode when checked.

Actually Chosen checked. So the blame lies there.