A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='Charles the Great' timestamp='1300719513' post='2672243']
Sooo........... a clarification please.

Pre-emptive striking is ok as long as you win?

:blink:
[/quote]
you mush have missed the DoW

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1295928088' post='2597854']
A first strike is not deplorable when against a foe of strength, but one must make sure their political situation is unassailable before doing so.

[/quote]

Unassailable means undeniable or irrefutable. Yet they now claim it was all based on a couple of [b]assumptions [/b]such as NPO entering the war as being [b]FACT[/b]. This was never proven and it was certainly deniable and has since been labeled an assumption by some DH gov

Edited by Alterego

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1300703746' post='2672119']
Of course they were connected. Pacifica was anticipated from before day one. Pacifica was definitely planned for given it would be the biggest alliance on the other side. So after Polar itself got attacked, Pacifica would definitely be the main event. It would have been dumb not to plan for them.

Think of it this way: TOP was going to be main event of the Polar-\m/ war or the TPF war for that matter.
[/quote]
This was a really quick step backward from your position. He pointed out your verification that "NPO was the main show" for PB here, and all you have to say is, of course they were [i]connected[/i]? You said way more than that, bro.

But lets go back to your admission that "Pacifica was the main show," a fact made abundantly clear by nonexistent terms for Polaris, and hefty demands from NPO and her closest allies. You simply [i]cannot[/i], under all the circumstances, claim that this front was just to tie up NPO to that VE could beat Polaris, not anymore. There is clearly a large degree of paranoia and hate involved in this.

Now, you then try to argue some absurd "Well, they haven't fought yet! They're not allowed to use strategy until all of their nations are destroyed!" line. Many on your side have argued that the war won't end "until they've gotten their fun out of it." What is that bunk? If you entered this in support of VE, you're just not allowed to do that. It runs counter to logic itself.

Now, if you were in this just to take your long awaited shot at Pacifica and her allies, then it makes a whole lot more sense.

And yes, I suppose the initial entrance can still be argued that it was for both reasons, but buddy, you ain't helping VE anymore. This is pure hatred now, now it's just a feeding frenzy against a juicy piece of meat you've all had your eyes on for far too long.

And combined with the relatively speedy conclusion on the Polar front, a war fought over thin excuses and concluded with ultra-light terms, it becomes clear that it was indeed nothing more than the long-assumed ploy to get at Pacifica via Polaris. When Pacifica didn't enter according to your timetable, you wanted to make sure they wouldn't escape your grasp yet again.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1300720572' post='2672259']
So all that entered on a MDP and has chose to fight are being asked for reps?[/quote]

Correct.

[quote]Have invicta been charged reps?[/quote]

Yes.

[quote]Have invicta brought their top tier out to fight?
[/quote]

No, but not for a lack of trying. <_< Nascar.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1300720761' post='2672262']
Correct.

Yes.

No, but not for a lack of trying. <_< Nascar.
[/quote]

Would they be charged reps if they brought their top tier out to fight?

If you answer yes then you will make my day :awesome:

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1300720369' post='2672253']
If the Kingdom desired a greater amount of "good will", then extorting our allies, mass raiding our team, and de-facto encouraging nuclear rogues is not the best way to get it.

Unless of course, you were expecting a war because you kept trying to provoke one.
[/quote]

And not sanctionning rogues on our allies, editing our ambassador's words, making announcements decrying us and pretending to be an heir to Archon is what you call good will? As I said in an other conversation, it doesn't matter who started it or who did what. You provoked us, we provoked you. You wanted this war, we wanted this war. Here you are.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1300720847' post='2672263']
Would they be charged reps if they brought their top tier out to fight?

If you answer yes then You will make my day :awesome:
[/quote]

That hasn't been discussed. I would assume the answer would be yes, though.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1300720994' post='2672266']
That hasn't been discussed. I would assume the answer would be yes, though.
[/quote]

So at the moment you are [i]assuming[/i] and then it's safe to say that I'm not completely incorrect until you have been given concrete information from our leaders stating such :smug:

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1300721070' post='2672267']
So at the moment you are [i]assuming[/i] and then it's safe to say that I'm not completely incorrect until you have been given concrete information from our leaders stating such :smug:
[/quote]

Regardless of that, it doesn't refute what we were originally discussing, which was reps based on mode of entry, not whether or not a top-tier fought.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1300715686' post='2672211']
NPO was never a peripheral front of the conflict. There were 3 main fronts if I recall correctly: VE-NpO, DH-NPO and AZTEC-Sparta/MHA
[/quote]
If this is not the same war then why the "preempt" because NPO was gonna join in the Polaris war? It it in 118 pages so far. Also, If it is not the same war then why did all of the peace terms require that Alliances have a non-entry on the DH-NPO front? Should have put your thinking cap on this morning. You sound dumber than a Box of Rocks. I can throw in all of the surrender thread links if you would like?

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Judge X

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1300707083' post='2672132']
NSO has already said that they were going to enter on the AZTEC front if NPO hadn't been preempted. The expectation up to that point, based on what leaked, was that they would enter to honor their paperless relationship with STA. The fact that they were unwilling to defend Hydra also pointed out in that direction.
[/quote]
This is correct, except that Hydra did not request our assistance as far as I know.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1300720572' post='2672259']
So all that entered on a MDP and has chose to fight are being asked for reps?

Have invicta been charged reps? Have invicta brought their top tier out to fight?
[/quote]
NSO has brought our top tier out, and to the best of my knowledge, yeah we're paying reps. I'm certain this is the case for other alliances as well.

Edited by Varianz

Like I said, oh, 50 pages ago. I'll pay the 400 million in reps, IF, Athens/=LOST= pays me 400 million each. They were not part of the original attack. We entered on a MDP, so did they. You want to argue this point? Argue it. You think we are not winning the war? Ask me again on Labor day.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1300721156' post='2672268']
Regardless of that, it doesn't refute what we were originally discussing, which was reps based on mode of entry, not whether or not a top-tier fought.
[/quote]

I should have included avoiding damage by hiding into my OP, my bad.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1300721285' post='2672271']
This is correct, except that Hydra did not request our assistance as far as I know.

NSO has brought our top tier out, and to the best of my knowledge, yeah we're paying reps. I'm certain this is the case for other alliances as well.
[/quote]

If you are then I stand corrected

LOL wait a minute, your top tier is in peace mode, WUT?

Everyone but 2 of your top tier is in PM.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

so is everyone else in DH purposefully avoiding the callout that keeps being made of them stating that the DH/NPO war and the VE/NpO war are not the same conflict?

[quote name='Kyaris' timestamp='1300688412' post='2671977']
I'm pretty sure this is the stated reason in the DoW. A pre-emptive strategic attack to prevent NPO's re-rise to Hegemony, which is a direct threat to us[/quote]

Pretty naïve comment given NPO’s current political stature. I find it hard to believe that this is what DH leadership was thinking.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1300721618' post='2672275']
If you are then I stand corrected

LOL wait a minute, your top tier is in peace mode, WUT?

Everyone but 2 of your top tier is in PM.
[/quote]
The only two nations in our top tier who have NOT fought at all are JamesIV and Straylight. The others have fought, and are reloading/restocking/waiting for a new offensive- it's not our fault you and DH didn't stagger them :P. JamesIV has been away (OOC: RL stuff) and Stray...well we don't want him gang-banged by Umbrella :P. 2 nations out of the ~90 we started with, about 3% of our total membership. Cmon. Let's not be greedy.

Edited by Varianz

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1300721891' post='2672279']
The only two nations in our top tier who have NOT fought at all are JamesIV and Straylight. The others have fought, and are reloading/restocking/waiting for a new offensive- it's not our fault you and DH didn't stagger them :P. JamesIV has been away (OOC: RL stuff) and Stray...well we don't want him gang-banged by Umbrella :P. 2 nations out of the ~90 we started with, about 3% of our total membership. Cmon. Let's not be greedy.
[/quote]

Then how come pretty much all of the said people you state that have fought have all stagnant charts that are either straight lines or rising as if they have bought planes then decided not to bother and sold them again?

They don't look like they have done much fighting to me.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1300722091' post='2672280']
Then how come pretty much all of the said people you state that have fought have all stagnant charts that are either straight lines or rising as if they have bought planes then decided not to bother and sold them again?

They don't look like they have done much fighting to me.
[/quote]
Because you're just looking at our first page, the people who are restocking/rebuilding. Go to the second or third pages, where you'll see lots of nations who's NS has plummeted. You can also check with your records department. They'll confirm it.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1300720023' post='2672249']
How do you figure that one out when 1.) I ZI'd you and 2). I have you in anarchy? And 3.) you have no money. Or are you meaning a time pre fighting myself?
[/quote]

I meant the round prior to fighting you, and the round we are currently in. And tbh, you didn't do all that...you helped, but in a samller way than idiotbang from Athens, and nightshade1337 from Athens as well. As I told you, due to that other game, RL, I missed the day you and nightshade came to life and ran all those attacks, including nukes both before and after update. It was a great move by yall and did drop my infra down far enough that i was out of the fight. And I will give you credit for the ZI, you did knock off that .21 I had left after idiotbang got done with me. But you didn't do it yourself.

But I still look for targets for the rest of my alliance mates.

I am curious. Did yall actually co-ordinate or was it hapstance that you all hit around the same time??? Given that you were dead broke and not doing anything and nightshade wasn't doing anything, i am curious if it was planned or just happened that way.

[quote name='Lord of the Dance' timestamp='1300720475' post='2672255']
I am officially changing my favourite poster to Kilkenny. Just because he is so outrageous and exactly as HN describes.

Greatest shot in foot ever. I salute you!
[/quote]

Why thank you, glad to know I am so popular.

But it wasn't my foot I shot, it was his :D (not wasting my last bullet on myself, much more fun to watch him hop around.. lol)

[quote name='Charles the Great' timestamp='1300719513' post='2672243']
Sooo........... a clarification please.

Pre-emptive striking is ok as long as you win?

:blink:
[/quote]

Always has been. :smug:

Question is if you are attacked what you do about it afterward. My suggestion, get a gun. Get more friends with guns. Give 'em hell.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1300722268' post='2672281']
Because you're just looking at our first page, the people who are restocking/rebuilding. Go to the second or third pages, where you'll see lots of nations who's NS has plummeted. You can also check with your records department. They'll confirm it.
[/quote]

Your top tier is only on your first page? That is what you brought up yes? That your top tier has fought. It looks like it has not fought.

[quote name='Kilkenny' timestamp='1300722330' post='2672282']
I meant the round prior to fighting you, and the round we are currently in. And tbh, you didn't do all that...you helped, but in a samller way than idiotbang from Athens, and nightshade1337 from Athens as well. As I told you, due to that other game, RL, I missed the day you and nightshade came to life and ran all those attacks, including nukes both before and after update. It was a great move by yall and did drop my infra down far enough that i was out of the fight. And I will give you credit for the ZI, you did knock off that .21 I had left after idiotbang got done with me. But you didn't do it yourself.

But I still look for targets for the rest of my alliance mates.

I am curious. Did yall actually co-ordinate or was it hapstance that you all hit around the same time??? Given that you were dead broke and not doing anything and nightshade wasn't doing anything, i am curious if it was planned or just happened that way.
[/quote]

That's funny I have all my reports that say otherwise. (that I didn't do much damage) Yes the others damaged you , but they never claimed your last piece of infra did they? Dead broke, but maybe not as broke as you are? I wouldn't want to divulge plans or anything like that, but it defiantly caught you off guard and made you over extend yourself.

I was just curious to why you worded it that way so it was looking like you were struggling to get a target, when that was not the case because you were in no fit state to even fight, I must have just picked your wording up wrongly.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1300721156' post='2672268']
[/quote]

You get that the firm of GOONS, GOONS, and GOON will be after you for cash regardless...why continue with this one? Need the series points? <_<

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1300722670' post='2672287']
That's funny I have all my reports that say otherwise. (that I didn't do much damage) Yes the others damaged you , but they never claimed your last piece of infra did they? Dead broke, but maybe not as broke as you are? I wouldn't want to divulge plans or anything like that, but it defiantly caught you off guard and made you over extend yourself.
[/quote]

Uhm, never said you didn't get the LAST .21 of my infra, and I know that because idiotbang sent me a pm bemoaning the fact he fell .21 short of ZIing me. And you didn't do as much damage as idiotbang and nightshade (idiotbang has by far done the most he was wRC and 2x your tech). Nightshade was the one who got those nukes in on me during that time, so his damage was way up there for that day, but over all not that much.

and you were down to $42,000 at one time, way broker than i ever was :)

As far as not wanting to divulge plans, thanks for confirming that it was just random that all the attacks happened at one time. It is no state secret that people attacking the same target attempt to co-ordinate their attacks even if they are in different alliances. And yeah, it did catch when when i was away and yep, in hind sight i am over extended, But it was fun!!!! and i got a bunch more casualties!!!!