~~An Official Doomhouse Announcement~~

VenetianBlind

I'll confess that when I first saw this, you guys nearly had me thinking this was something rather different from what it truly is.

Kudos.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1300129579' post='2664767']
If NPO made a satire of an apology of dubious sincerity made by Doomhouse to an alliance two years after it had kept said alliance at war for two years, then Doomhouse would retroactively cite said satire in a declaration of war they have already made?
[/quote]
Ummm....no? Yes? I don't know. :(

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If NPO made a satire of an apology of dubious sincerity made by Doomhouse to an alliance two years after it had kept said alliance at war for two years, then Doomhouse would retroactively cite said satire in a declaration of war they have already made?
[/quote]

All I'm saying is that this is exactly the type of behavior, if done to you, that would be used to back up your CB that NPO are a bunch of meanie faced doo doo heads. You know that whole, "They didn't reach out to us" mellodramatic nonsense that you guys were talking about?

I just want consistency is all. One minute you're on here busting balls, seemingly pretty carefree and jokingly. The next mintue you're holding grudges and getting mad because people aren't paying enough attention to you. If you really want to laugh, go read FAN's declaration of war. It looks like something composed by a heartbroken ex girlfriend. The only thing missing were tear drop marks and the lyrics to a cheesey break up song, which I can only assume were present during the writing process.

No, you're jokes aren't funny to me because I know the people writing them are self conscious drama queens.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1300096160' post='2664382']
How many minutes can it have taken? It's not a very long post...
[/quote]

I didn't say it was alot of minutes, just minutes horribly wasted reading that drivel.

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1300133529' post='2664832']
All I'm saying is that this is exactly the type of behavior, if done to you, that would be used to back up your CB that NPO are a bunch of meanie faced doo doo heads.
[/quote]
No it wouldn't.

[quote]
You know that whole, "They didn't reach out to us" mellodramatic nonsense that you guys were talking about?
[/quote]
"You didn't make us not want to kill you" is not melodramatic.

[quote]
The next mintue you're holding grudges and getting mad because people aren't paying enough attention to you.
[/quote]
No we aren't.

[quote]
If you really want to laugh, go read FAN's declaration of war. It looks like something composed by a heartbroken ex girlfriend. The only thing missing were tear drop marks and the lyrics to a cheesey break up song, which I can only assume were present during the writing process.
[/quote]
If NPO's apology was sincere, I could make similar comparisons.

[quote]
No, you're jokes aren't funny to me because I know the people writing them are self conscious drama queens.
[/quote]
You shouldn't let ad hominems get in the way of your sense of humor.

[quote name='VenetianBlind' timestamp='1300072649' post='2664012']
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/RcG0t.jpg[/img][/center]
We sincerely hope that [b]at the conclusion[/b] of this well-deserved war waged by Doomhouse upon you, the NPO and Doomhouse can work out our issues and begin to repair the damage that NPO incurred as a result of our actions.
[/quote]

I love how in this entire thread there is no OFFICIAL declaration of peace of any kind. What a pathetic attempt to get NPO nations out of Peace Mode. Poor show DH.

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

[quote]
No it wouldn't.[/quote]
Yes it would.

[quote]"You didn't make us not want to kill you" is not melodramatic.[/quote]
Yes it is.

[quote]No we aren't.[/quote]
Yes you are.

[quote]If NPO's apology was sincere, I could make similar comparisons.[/quote]
Great, I agree. You act as if I'm on NPO's side. I wasn't saying it was or wasn't funny, I'm just saying you guys have been crying for NPO to "not want to make us kill you", and now they apologize and you mock them. that's precisely why they didn't do it before, because you guys just wanted to kill them regardless of what they did. You're proving them right.

[quote]You shouldn't let ad hominems get in the way of your sense of humor.
[/quote]
I can't help it sometimes.

See what I did there? :awesome:
I guess just agree to disagree, I don't know if I can take another one of these break down every sentence posts.

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1300074162' post='2664052']
Dumbhouse, come back in 2 years when it means something.
[/quote]

I thought this was the best post in the thread

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1300095037' post='2664371']
Sorry, you guys have to prove that you've changed first.
[/quote]

Until I read this... Props Letum, it's deserved

*tips hat

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1300079942' post='2664202']
The fact that you/Roquetin wasted your/his time to write this just shows, alongside the outrage of MK members in the original thread, that you are really bothered with NPO apology and because of this the apology already was worth. Congratulations NPO.
[/quote]

Keep telling yourself that NPO.

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1300133529' post='2664832']
All I'm saying is that this is exactly the type of behavior, if done to you, that would be used to back up your CB that NPO are a bunch of meanie faced doo doo heads. You know that whole, "They didn't reach out to us" mellodramatic nonsense that you guys were talking about?

I just want consistency is all. One minute you're on here busting balls, seemingly pretty carefree and jokingly. The next mintue you're holding grudges and getting mad because people aren't paying enough attention to you. If you really want to laugh, go read FAN's declaration of war. It looks like something composed by a heartbroken ex girlfriend. The only thing missing were tear drop marks and the lyrics to a cheesey break up song, which I can only assume were present during the writing process.

[/quote]

What do you think the NPO announcement from 2 days ago was? A joke thread. As if they 'really' meant that. It's a tactic. You have to be dense to not see the real intentions behind that.

Anyway, consistency would be nice, yes.

"This isn't funny or original." "Get new material." "Stop posting joke threads." "I knew right away this wouldn't be funny."

For some reason, the above MK responses to other joke threads are missing in this failed attempt at humor. I wonder why. :rolleyes:

[quote name='ImperialCubanacan' timestamp='1300136952' post='2664876']
What do you think the NPO announcement from 2 days ago was? A joke thread. As if they 'really' meant that. It's a tactic. You have to be dense to not see the real intentions behind that.

Anyway, consistency would be nice, yes.
[/quote]

Speaking of consistency...

When they're apologizing to FAN it's just a tricky NPO jedi mindtrick tactic. When they don't do anything they're "not making FAN not want to kill them". They state in the apology that after the war they want to repair their relationship with FAN, which is exactly what FAN wanted them to do. AKA they are going to FAN and Doomhouse and attempting to make them not want to kill them. But who knows? Judging by the behavioral and judgemental consistency of Doomhouse and FAN, or lack there of, that might just be another tricky NPO tactic. Basically, they don't know what they want. They're just there, and they're insecure, and we're all going to have to get used to it.

By the way, the people of NoR have great heads on their shoulders. I'm sure they know what they're doing. I'm just speaking of the general opposition.

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1300136464' post='2664868']
Yes it would.

Yes it is.

Yes you are.
[/quote]
No see that's not how this works. You're the one presenting unsupported assumptions as fact. Also, not understanding what "melodrama" means. Back up your words or [img]http://cngoons.com/Board/Smileys/CN%20Emotes/frogout.gif[/img]

[quote]
Great, I agree. You act as if I'm on NPO's side. I wasn't saying it was or wasn't funny, I'm just saying you guys have been crying for NPO to "not want to make us kill you", and now they apologize and you mock them. that's precisely why they didn't do it before, because you guys just wanted to kill them regardless of what they did. You're proving them right.
[/quote]
Your logic is backwards. If they had done it earlier we [i]wouldn't[/i] have mocked them, because one of the biggest mocking points is [b]it took two years and a losing war for them to get around to it[/b].

Edited by ktarthan

There are either some very easily people on this forum, perhaps if someone should jingle a set of shiny keys in front of you next time. Either that or the fact that you need to go to 27k NS to hit an NPO nation has caused so much boredom for Umbrella that cabin fever has set in and sending a billion dollars or so per round into the feeding tube to GOONS has lost the magic and excitement it had for the first 2 months...

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1300138200' post='2664919']
No see that's not how this works. You're the one presenting unsupported assumptions as fact. Also, not understanding what "melodrama" means. Back up your words or [img]http://cngoons.com/Board/Smileys/CN%20Emotes/frogout.gif[/img][/quote]

Lol. Okay there, ktarthan. I'm starting to discover what you're all about. Wow, do you really want to start getting technical? Of course I'm stating what I believe is going on. I can only speculate because I'm assuming, based on your previous behaviors, that I can't take your word as fact. Would it help you understand more clearly if I started every post with "I BELIEVE" in big bold print? Your OPINION on what is melodramatic and mine might differ. You're "not making us not want to kill them" is your way of wording it to rationalize and hide the true sentiments. I have my own way of wording it. I'd go with "They didn't rub powder on our butthurt behinds enough."

[quote]Your logic is backwards. If they had done it earlier we [i]wouldn't[/i] have mocked them, because one of the biggest mocking points is [b]it took two years and a losing war for them to get around to it[/b].
[/quote]

Once again, I can only take your words as speculation which comes back to my original "LET'S ARGREE TO DISAGREE." Notice that big old IF word sitting there in that sentence. Tell me, do you speak for the entirety for Doomhouse and FAN? Why should I take your words as fact? Please feel free to keep the never-ending argument of fact/opinion, what if, we would, ect going though if you really just like a debate.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1300136028' post='2664863']
I love how in this entire thread there is no OFFICIAL declaration of peace of any kind. What a pathetic attempt to get NPO nations out of Peace Mode. Poor show DH.
[/quote]
Kind of similar to the NPO announcement in that regard, no?

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1300139589' post='2664951']
Lol. Okay there, ktarthan. I'm starting to discover what you're all about. Wow, do you really want to start getting technical? Of course I'm stating what I believe is going on. I can only speculate because I'm assuming, based on your previous behaviors, that I can't take your word as fact. Would it help you understand more clearly if I started every post with "I BELIEVE" in big bold print? Your OPINION on what is melodramatic and mine might differ. You're "not making us not want to kill them" is your way of wording it to rationalize and hide the true sentiments. I have my own way of wording it. I'd go with "They didn't rub powder on our butthurt behinds enough."

Once again, I can only take your words as speculation which comes back to my original "LET'S ARGREE TO DISAGREE." Notice that big old IF word sitting there in that sentence. Tell me, do you speak for the entirety for Doomhouse and FAN? Why should I take your words as fact? Please feel free to keep the never-ending argument of fact/opinion, what if, we would, ect going though if you really just like a debate.
[/quote]

Alright well I BELIEVE that you're just a maladjusted manchild, but I obviously don't need to provide any sort of reasoning behind that statement because it's my OPINION. And I guess we'll just have to AGREE TO DISAGREE on this because there's clearly no way to settle this debate!

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1300136028' post='2664863']
[/quote]

Did you just arrive or something?

:headscratch:

[/quote]

We've got to go deeper.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/D8iTd.jpg[/IMG]

[b]D O O M H O U S E[/b]

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1300141956' post='2664986']
Alright well I BELIEVE that you're just a maladjusted manchild, but I obviously don't need to provide any sort of reasoning behind that statement because it's my OPINION. And I guess we'll just have to AGREE TO DISAGREE on this because there's clearly no way to settle this debate!
[/quote]

Hey, welcome to Planet Bob! Don't let the derp hit ya on the way herp!

Honestly, you act as if there is some sort of intelligent debate going on. Do you really want to sit here and argue about "What if" NPO apologized sooner? Allow me to save us an argument, I think that they would still get rolled and you don't. A whole bunch of Herp Derp would ensue, and we'd still be at the same disagreeance by the end of it. Next argument, I think you are insecure and full of drama. You don't...I'd say, "HERPDE DERP DERP DERPITY DERP" and you'd say "DERPY DERPY HERPITY HERP HERP" and we'd once again not change the other's opinion. Besides, what's the point in arguing with you? Apparently whatever I say i just a false opinion and whatever you say is a true fact. I'm not wasting my time on you, GOON. What is it that you want to argue about so much where you have to sarcastically agree to disagree and not actually do it?

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by King Charge

[quote name='VenetianBlind' timestamp='1300072649' post='2664012']
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/RcG0t.jpg[/img][/center]

There was a time when Doomhouse and NPO were at peace. We had mutual respect of both leadership and membership; we often admired the wittiness of Sir Paul's Tabloid Tribune . We knew that, at peace, no one could harm the precious infrastructure of Umbrella, GOONS, MK, and the NPO. Then NPO's allies allies entered the war against Doomhouse's protectorate, Pandora's Box. That war was clean and fun. Just as we had thought, UPN turned out to be our strongest opponent ever, and the most fun and honorable. Then came our greatest mistake, the black mark upon the soul of the Doomhouse. We expected NPOs allies to join the war, and then the NPO herself. Rather than allow them to hit us on our weakest front and potentially change the outcome of that war, on January 24th 2011, we preemptively struck the NPO. It was only on January 25th that we realized, to our horror, that NPO and their allies were not going to join the war against PB!

Simple words of "We're sorry" do not begin to make up for our actions. However, words are all we have. Also, I personally would like to extend my most heartfelt apology to TOP for not being the ones who got to hit NpO first.

We sincerely hope that at the conclusion of this well-deserved war waged by Doomhouse upon you, the NPO and Doomhouse can work out our issues and begin to repair the damage that NPO incurred as a result of our actions.

Signed,

[i]Roquentin
Puppetmaster of Doomhouse[/i]

Additional Note: Due to wanting to distance himself from this apology, Roquentin did not post this himself. In fact, he has nothing to do with this apology. Maybe he'll post thirteen pages deep or something, idk.
[/quote]

Jokes should be funny.