Monaco-Valencia News

Sir Keshav IV

[center][b]State Elections Dates Announced[/b][/center][center][b]
[/b][/center][left]Election dates have been announced as March 14th and 15th in Monaco ( PACA + Monaco ) and 16th, 17th and 18th in Valencia. These elections were promised by the Ruling Council to elect the National Council of Monaco and the Parliament of Valencia based on Universal Adult Franchise ( Any citizen above the age of 18 may vote). The Constituencies have been listed out by the Election Commission of Monaco-Valencia. The National Council of Monaco has been expanded from 24 members to 412 members or 1 Member of National Council for every 12,500 citizens in Monaco. In Valencia the Parliament shall consist of 756 members which is why the elections in Valencia will be conducted over three days. Voter ID cards have been issued along with the Citizen Identification Card ( CiC ). The Government expects at least a 80% turn out of voters and hence security has been increased in and around the country to make sure a fair and free election is conducted. Once the State Elections are completed, national elections will take place for the High Council of states which consists of 1,204 seats. [/left]

Edited by Sir Keshav IV

[center][b]Election Results [/b][/center][center][b]
[/b][/center][left]Twenty four days State Elections were announced and held. Counting is over in Monaco and Valencia for their respective elections. The Union for Monaco-Valencia have won 215 seats out of the 412 seats in the National Council. The second largest party in the National Council is Monaco Together with 107 seats. Union for Independent Monaco comes in third with 78 seats. [/left][left]
[/left][left][img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh272/dnyte/MonacoElections.png[/img]In Valencia the People's Party won 63% of the seats in the Parliament of Valencia. The People's Party has won 476 seats while the leader of opposition and the second largest party in the parliament is the Valencia Union with 226 seats. Basque Nationalist Party won 30 seats while Others won 24. The People's Party will form the government in all the states of Valencia while Union for Monaco-Valencia will form the government in Toulon and PACA while Monaco Together retains control over the state of Monaco. National Elections for the High Council will take place starting in April. The High Council consists for 1,204 seats and form the government at the centre to help with the running over Monaco-Valencia and aide the Ruling Council in taking decisions. [/left][left]
[/left][left][img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh272/dnyte/MonacoElections-1.png[/img]
[/left]

• 2 weeks later...

[center][color="#5D5D5D"][font="tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif"][b]Agence Spatiale Nationale Monégasque Launches First Satellite [/b][/font][/color][/center][center][color="#5D5D5D"][font="tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif"][b]
[/b][/font][/color][/center][left][font="tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif"][color="#5D5D5D"]Today the first Monaco built satellite was launched into orbit from the newly built Prince Albert I Bambarra Space Centre. The Satellite named Grimaldi I an earth-observation satellite was launched into orbit at 10:30 in the morning. The MNSA Administrator Jean Ingrid in an interview immediately after the successful launch announced the start of a new era for Monaco. The Agency has announced the launch of the next satellite the Grimaldi II within the next year and at the end of the next three years another three launches are expected. The Agency has also announced they are planning for a Moon landing within the next ten years. [/color][/font][/left]

[center][b]Announcement from the Ruling Council in regards to Spain [/b][/center][center][b]
[/b][/center][left]Following the declaration of protection in Spain, Monaco-Valencia held a plebiscite. The following provinces have agreed to join Valencia - Castilla y Leon, Galicia, Asturias and Cantabria have voted to join Valencia. The other provinces have voted against joining Valencia and as such Valencia has agreed to let them join Athens. The provinces shall have equal representation as the other provinces a part of Valencia and elections shall be held within the next year for the Parliament of Valencia. While the rest of Spain has decided against joining her brothers and sisters, Valencia is happy to know they are in safe hands with our allies in Athens. [/left][left]
[/left][left]
[/left]

The Commonwealth protests these plebiscites on the grounds that Mr Jose of the former Espana, a well known politican from the senior levels of Government has stepped forward as a representative of a new Government. We see no reason for these regions to be annexed into a swiftly growing Montaguesque Empire when senior members of the old Government have come out of exile/hiding from an anarchaic land.

Moreover, we specifically contest the annexation of Galicia due to the people having absolutely no control over these elections. British forces in the area, specifically the local region around Vigo enjoy a much familiar and intimate relationship when compared to Monaco-Valencia. Why they would vote for your Nation is beyond the Commonwealths imagination when your nation has done nothing for them apart from annex them after a lapse in Government control.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1301508116' post='2680743']
The Commonwealth protests these plebiscites on the grounds that Mr Jose of the former Espana, a well known politican from the senior levels of Government has stepped forward as a representative of a new Government. We see no reason for these regions to be annexed into a swiftly growing Montaguesque Empire when senior members of the old Government have come out of exile/hiding from an anarchaic land.

Moreover, we specifically contest the annexation of Galicia due to the people having absolutely no control over these elections. British forces in the area, specifically the local region around Vigo enjoy a much familiar and intimate relationship when compared to Monaco-Valencia. Why they would vote for your Nation is beyond the Commonwealths imagination when your nation has done nothing for them apart from annex them after a lapse in Government control.
[/quote]

[i]While the British may hold a base, the people would definitely have a closer relationship with that of their kin. Specifically the other provinces which have joined Valencia. Hence the people have voted. We ran a democratic election and the people have voted. If that is wrong to bad. [/i]

Then please list five things you have done for the Spanish people before their Government collapsed. Here is some that the Commonwealth can think of.
-Ejected them from MEMU
-Athenian soldiers took part in a British operation to end Portugeuse aggression against Espana.

Here is ours.
-Fought two of their wars.
-Defending Espanas home territory from invasion.
-First on the scene for humanitarian efforts when the Government collapsed.
-Provided massive boosts in local economies in Vigo and surroudning areas from supply contracts for local produce
-Publicly supported their long time, well known senior political, Mr Jose in his efforts to restore the Spanish Government.

In essence you have ignored him and annexed the land for yourselves. If it had been made protectorate there would be no issue because the region has the chance to get its act together and reform a stable, long lasting regime. You have robbed the region of this oppertunity in an attempt to expand your borders regardless of how you dress it up. The Commonwealth even requested that you work activly with Mr Jose to help him re-establish Government and you ignored our request aswell without giving so much as an answer.

It makes the most sense to join in union with the fellow Iberian states. Especially because there would be huge economic advantages in having a common currency, reduced barriers to trade, and a shared language. Generally people vote with their pocket books.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1301509469' post='2680763']
"A long lasting regime that has done nothing at all, not developed their economy, not even defended itself. The regime of mister José was filled with incompetence and dependence on someone a sea away"
[/quote]

Yes, the Spanish military was slow to get moving. But my point is, as a protectorate, the people [i]know[/i] they have the chance to form a new Government and be independant again under their own banner. By being annexed, they wont know if they can petition for independance or not, if they can be free under their own banner again without repercussions from the regional Government, be it Athens or Monaco-Valencia.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1301509202' post='2680759']
Then please list five things you have done for the Spanish people before their Government collapsed. Here is some that the Commonwealth can think of.
-Ejected them from MEMU
-Athenian soldiers took part in a British operation to end Portugeuse aggression against Espana.

Here is ours.
-Fought two of their wars.
-Defending Espanas home territory from invasion.
-First on the scene for humanitarian efforts when the Government collapsed.
-Provided massive boosts in local economies in Vigo and surroudning areas from supply contracts for local produce
-Publicly supported their long time, well known senior political, Mr Jose in his efforts to restore the Spanish Government.

In essence you have ignored him and annexed the land for yourselves. If it had been made protectorate there would be no issue because the region has the chance to get its act together and reform a stable, long lasting regime. You have robbed the region of this oppertunity in an attempt to expand your borders regardless of how you dress it up. The Commonwealth even requested that you work activly with Mr Jose to help him re-establish Government and you ignored our request aswell without giving so much as an answer.
[/quote]

[i]You seem to forget the elections happened. If we annexed them without the elections then we would agree.[/i][i] [/i]

Edited by Sir Keshav IV

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1301509693' post='2680767']
Yes, the Spanish military was slow to get moving. But my point is, as a protectorate, the people [i]know[/i] they have the chance to form a new Government and be independant again under their own banner. By being annexed, they wont know if they can petition for independance or not, if they can be free under their own banner again without repercussions from the regional Government, be it Athens or Monaco-Valencia.
[/quote]

"And there is no precedent of the Federation and Monaco-Valencia granting independence before, right?"

[quote]You also forget provinces have voted to join Athens, so is your problem only due to the Spanish people of Galicia choosing Valencia over Britain? [/quote]

No, whilst it would of been a pleasent surprise, no this is not the case. We used Galicia as an example because we have/had a far greater influence in the region than yourselfs or the Athenians.

[quote]"And there is no precedent of the Federation and Monaco-Valencia granting independence before, right?" [/quote]

We are not contesting this because we know you have released none strategic territory before to the people and allowed them independance.

We respectfully request, that the regions that have been annexed be returned to a protectorate for at least one year before an election is re-held to determine the fate of the land.

Edited by Zoot Zoot

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1301510330' post='2680777']
No, whilst it would of been a pleasent surprise, no this is not the case. We used Galicia as an example because we have/had a far greater influence in the region than yourselfs or the Athenians.

We are not contesting this because we know you have released none strategic territory before to the people and allowed them independance.

We respectfully request, that the regions in question be returned to a protectorate for at least one year before an election is re-held to determine the fate of the land.
[/quote]

[i]As the elections have already occurred, we see no reason as to why another round of elections need to be held. A foreigner's influence is not as strong that of the Spanish people itself. This seems more of the case England is unhappy the people chose us over you. Request denied. [/i]
[i]
[/i]
[i]We have in the past released strategic provinces. In fact Catalonia and Aragon are not strategic at all? They wished to be independent and they voted on it and were given it. Simple as that. [/i]

Edited by Sir Keshav IV

I was referring to Athens, not Monaco-Valencia. As we have said, that is not the case. We are unhappy that you annexed the regions instead of simply made them protectorates. It has nothing to do with England having ownership of the territory or not. We want what is the best for one of our oldest allys and its people and we believe it is in their best interests to be given a twelve month breathing space to decide what they think is best for them.

Edited by Zoot Zoot

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1301511003' post='2680785']
I was referring to Athens, not Monaco-Valencia. As we have said, that is not the case. We are unhappy that you annexed the regions instead of simply made them protectorates. It has nothing to do with England having ownership of the territory or not. We want what is the best for one of our oldest allys and its people and we believe it is in their best interests to be given a twelve month breathing space to decide what they think is best for them.
[/quote]
[i]
[/i]
[i]The people voted to join us. To bad. [/i]

[center][b]Protection over Corona d'Aragon Announced [/b][/center][center][b]
[/b][/center][left]The Kingdom of Corona d'Aragon is no more, we haven't received any communication from them for over 10 months. As per the treaty signed with us stating that if they fall their lands revert back to Monaco-Valencia control we shall be declaring protection. Within the next year a referendum shall be held so that the people may decide their future as to whether they want to join Monaco-Valencia or continue as a protectorate. All government institutions for the next year will be under complete control of Monaco-Valencia. [/left]

[b]**Private**[/b]

"Honestly, Theresia, I disagree, how on earth can you consider it news? What does Monaco-Valencia report?" Maria said turning to her sister as the television flickered.

"Elections and the like, I assume at least."

"No, not even close, it should simply be a news station that advertises what area the Monaco-Valencians are going to annex next. Referendum? What !@#$, I'll bet you five hundred thalers that Aragon joins them."

"Deal."

• 3 weeks later...

[center][b]Gijon and Santander Attacked[/b][/center][center][b]
[/b][/center][left]Earlier this week the cities of Gijon and Santander were attacked with Nuclear Weapons by the rogue state Maine. The reason being the Monegasque control over New Monaco. Reports suggest 275,000 civilians have been killed while another 30,000 have died due to the after effects of the nuclear attacks. The Government has stated it'll take nearly five years before each city is completely habitable once again. Out of the 305,000 dead nearly 90,000 children have perished due to this terrorist attack. [/left][left]
[/left][left]In reply Monaco launched all of it's nuclear weapons at Maine virtually destroying the entire country with little or no survivors. The terrorist attack by the rogue state wasn't only aimed at Monaco but other European stats including our allies in Athens. Cities in Portugal have been attacked as well. To support our allies the Ruling council has agreed to help aid Athens in rebuilding the attacked cities as they helped us in rebuilding Monaco. [/left][left]
[/left][left]The Government has also declared mourning for 30 days for the attacks on Gijon and Santander and the attacks in Portugal. [/left][left]
[/left][left]
[/left][left]
[/left]

Edited by Sir Keshav IV

• 4 weeks later...

[center][b]Monaco celebrates Independence Day[/b][/center]

Monaco today celebrates its Independence day. Eight years ago Monaco was formed as an independent country and has existed ever since. The Prince of Monaco gave his yearly state address showing the major growth in Monaco over the past year. Monaco in the last year alone grew nearly 9%. He also announced the inauguration of the Grimaldi National Monument in honour of the House of Grimaldi with statues of all former heads of the House located within the Monument. He also inaugurated the Francesco Grimaldi Memorial to honour the founder of the House of Grimaldi. The Principality Security Bureau will be formed within the next year as the leading investigating agency in Monaco. He also announced the new budget for Monaco for the coming year.