Announcement of Peace between The Stickmen and The Killer Turtle Brigade

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dexomega' timestamp='1299991573' post='2662398']
I'm not being disrespectful at all, but shouldn't iFOK be getting reps more than anyone else? They did get royally ganged up on unlike SLCB. :ph34r:
[/quote]

SLCB did get royally ganged up on.

5K tech, 2.5K of it required to come from TKTB, when TKTB have 17 nations, only 3 of which are seller-sized... :blink:

Hmm, plus 34 slots worth of cash. At least the deadline is a few months down the road, so it can be done without forcing TKTB to send tech from its larger nations.

[quote name='Dexomega' timestamp='1299991573' post='2662398']
I'm not being disrespectful at all, but shouldn't iFOK be getting reps more than anyone else? They did get royally ganged up on unlike SLCB. :ph34r:
[/quote]

Nope. SLCB faced worse odds than us. Even if 7 alliances declared on us, they didn't do as much damage as one would think.

I don't think TKTB were actually helping NpO by staying in the fight. Doesn't really matter that you feel bad leaving the battlefield while they are still there. If you felt that bad, you should have defended them instead.

SLCB is in their right to demand reparations for the unnecessary dragging out of the war. Good luck rebuilding to everybody involved.

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1299966409' post='2661861']
TKTB could have peaced out with White peace many times, they chose to continue on past reasonable battle lengths in order to defend Polaris from a non enemy. This is fine, they chose that, I am sure Polaris is happy to have such a good ally, however they reap what they sow. They decided to drag this out, they will pay for it, and they knew that is what would happen. I see no wrongdoings here, only another just ruling from a rather benevolent cardboard box.
[/quote]actually ifok hit us a few times along with fok (whom never declared) both at war w/ Polar.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1300034944' post='2663014']
These reparations [i]are[/i] pretty brutal.

TKTB seem to be taking it in stride at least. Congratulations on peace and good luck completing these terms.
[/quote]
Just a friendly suggestion: you really should avoid threads talking about the appropriateness of reparations for a while.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1300034944' post='2663014']
These reparations [i]are[/i] pretty brutal.

TKTB seem to be taking it in stride at least. Congratulations on peace and good luck completing these terms.
[/quote]

This is funny in so many different ways.

I have to agree with Ardus here. Unless CSN decides to wave its reps (and waves the stupid 2000 tech requirement for the reps owed to legacy) you really shouldnt talk.

[quote name='The Trail' timestamp='1300041639' post='2663123']
This is funny in so many different ways.

I have to agree with Ardus here. Unless CSN decides to wave its reps (and waves the stupid 2000 tech requirement for the reps owed to legacy) you really shouldnt talk.
[/quote]

These are at least twice as bad as what DT has to pay, on an alliance that has fought longer and was weaker to begin with, and with less justification.

Also, there is no 2000 tech requirement on the reparations owed to Legacy - in fact, they will almost certainly be entirely cash.

[quote name='Faust Betreur' timestamp='1299961291' post='2661749']
TKTB entered the war against us to defend TIO. TIO peaced out over a month ago and TKTB refused our offer of white peace at that time. Why? I don't know.
[/quote]

You may not have known this, but TKTB has some other allies in this war as well.

These seem perfectly fair to me. Moralists are always saying that an alliance who has entered honorably to defend their ally and wouldn't leave without them shouldn't have to pay reps. Well you know, actions like that have risks. If they didn't have risks, why would such an act be honorable? Anyways if you have a good offer take it. If you don't be prepared to face the consequences.You can't make the winning alliance do anything they don't want to, the only thing you can do is speculate on what they would do to you in a situation in which you don't have much of a say. If you think the outcome will be better than the punishment, go for it. If not, you shouldn't be surprised to see reps.

Edited by Logan

[quote name='Logan' timestamp='1300046232' post='2663240']
These seem perfectly fair to me. Moralists are always saying that an alliance who has entered honorably to defend their ally and wouldn't leave without them shouldn't have to pay reps. Well you know, actions like that have risks. If they didn't have risks, [b]why would such an act be honorable?[/b] Anyways if you have a good offer take it. If you don't be prepared to face the consequences.You can't make the winning alliance do anything they don't want to, the only thing you can do is speculate on what they would do to you in a situation in which you don't have much of a say. If you think the outcome will be better than the punishment, go for it. If not, you shouldn't be surprised to see reps.
[/quote]

good sportsmanship for one. if someone put up a good fight why punish them with such a ridiculous amount of reps for their size? seems asinine and counter productive to me.

[quote name='Rogal Dorn' timestamp='1300051539' post='2663336']
good sportsmanship for one. if someone put up a good fight why punish them with such a ridiculous amount of reps for their size? seems asinine and counter productive to me.
[/quote]

Regarding the part of my post you bolded. From my view point, if there is no risks associated with an act then it becomes standard fair to keep on going than honorable. To your post, SLCB offered sportsman like terms when TIO left, TKTB disregarded the lenient terms and are now stuck with these. They weren't given for no reason, and not just because they can. TKTB had their shot for no reps, they valued extended time on the battlefield and in exchange are now paying additional consequences.

Edited by Logan

[quote name='Logan' timestamp='1300052088' post='2663348']
Regarding the part of my post you bolded. From my view point, if there is no risks associated with an act then it becomes standard fair to keep on going than honorable. To your post, SLCB offered sportsman like terms when TIO left, TKTB disregarded the lenient terms and are now stuck with these. They weren't given for no reason, and not just because they can. TKTB had their shot for no reps, they valued extended time on the battlefield and in exchange are now paying additional consequences.
[/quote]
indeed the key for the winning side is to find an alliance to peace out early so they can say you had your chance of white peace with such and such. that way when not everyone is ready to leave with that alliance you can just give some numbers of reps and pretend like you offered white peace. reps are fine just dont pretend you offered white peace.

Edited by ditchboy00