Why is SF so terrible?

Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1299465398' post='2654948']
I believe you guys missed the scent of sarcasm.

Also, this thread is putting the cart before the horse, etc etc.
[/quote]

Sarcasm? In my CN?

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1299463960' post='2654915']
riiggghhhttt

as far as i know we havent told any of our allies that they cant peace out untill we do as well, RoK will keep fighting untill we no longer have a reason to(aka NpO gets peace) or we get terms that we agree upon(we dont surrender to you...or at least any AA that has stewie in it ;P) PC wouldn't surrender in our postion, im sure they would keep fighting, but since it us we're honourless cowards?
[/quote]

I would like to think you know your allies better than that.

No matter who is in your current postition, if they made the current decisions your alliance is making then I would view them not as honourless cowards, but as selfish.

[quote name='Falloutboy' timestamp='1299464113' post='2654919']
Why would Xiph want to disband UPN. We aren't even at war with them.
[/quote]
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97361

You sure fooled me with this DoW...

[quote name='Taishaku' timestamp='1299466613' post='2654964']
[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=973161]http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97361[/url]

You sure fooled me with this DoW...
[/quote]

What? I don't see anything when I click that, just an error page.

EDIT: spelling

Edited by Mixoux

[quote name='Learz' timestamp='1299445514' post='2654623']
I had hoped disbanding alliances was dead and in the ground.
People like Xiph need to be taken out.
[/quote]
See, while I can't stand Xiph and wholeheartedly agree that he's being ridiculous, this strikes me as awfully hypocritical. "Xiph is trying to utterly end his enemies, and that's wrong, so Xiph should be utterly ended."

-Bama

[quote name='foxfire99' timestamp='1299446474' post='2654642']
Is there actual evidence that Xiphosis wanted to disband UPN, or are we all just taking Rebel Virginia's word on this?
[/quote]
We've been denied peace by GOD.

At least that's what I've been made privy to.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1299450645' post='2654708']
[color="#0000FF"]I was on it long before it was the cool thing to do.[/color]
[/quote]
Hmm, I was on it just after Karma, where does that put me? :smug:

[quote name='Falloutboy' timestamp='1299464113' post='2654919']
Why would Xiph want to disband UPN. We aren't even at war with them.
[/quote]
You made me sad Aslan. :unsure:

Edited by Dexomega

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1299453263' post='2654749']
Xiphosis or w.e. his name is, is the exact reason GOD has never been sanctioned. They're a hard working bunch but due to Xiphosis's ego they've never passed the #30 rank.
[/quote]

We work and work and work but he just forces us to stop recruit and stop buying infra. He's a monster. ;_;

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1299463960' post='2654915']
riiggghhhttt

as far as i know we havent told any of our allies that they cant peace out untill we do as well, RoK will keep fighting untill we no longer have a reason to(aka NpO gets peace) or we get terms that we agree upon(we dont surrender to you...or at least any AA that has stewie in it ;P) PC wouldn't surrender in our postion, im sure they would keep fighting, but since it us we're honourless cowards?
[/quote]
Don't play dumb. NpO won't peace out until it's allies have a peace agreement. So effectively GOD (if the rumors are true) and RoK are holding up peace. RoK is by far the worst alliance in SF, no one else is even close. Just because they want to keep their "winning streak" going, they won't surrender to PC. Surrender + no reentry is about as lenient as it gets for an alliance that lost a war. It's simply prideful and beyond stupid not to accept the terms. RoK got beat and now they are trying to e-lawyer their way out of that fact.

I don't even have that much of a problem with CSN's reps, although it was really annoying they were holding up NoR entry on the NPO front, a much bigger deal than the DT front, but they were attacked so I can understand wanting some reps. But seriously other than RnR, who's image improved this war imo, SF has an image problem that it needs to fix...on so many levels. And that's the honest opinion of someone who used to be about as pro-SF as it gets.

[quote name='Natan' timestamp='1299445028' post='2654611']
Xiph is what is wrong with CN, plain and simple. A CN without him is a far brighter world and anyone who thinks different needs to open their eyes. He is the sole member of the upper echelon of alliance leaders trying to carry on the New Pacific Order's old style of play that we all fought so hard with to destroy.
[/quote]
I find this strangely odd. Xiphosis has been consistent through out the time hes played this game. Xiph was a driving force behind the war on NPO and pivotal imo to its success. No one !@#$%*ed about him then. I see interesting parallels to Val and GOD. Both are tough alliances both are pit bulls and both have been used as attack dogs and now it seems we have one more thing in common, allies have tried to throw us under the bus. Xiphosis love him or hate him is just as important to this world as NPO, FOK, Archon, Chefjoe, etc etc. Does he need to be taken down a peg probably so but in no way would loosing him benefit this world.

[quote name='Avakael' timestamp='1299451731' post='2654732']
I'd say I was with you, but then we'd be repeating the joke. And that would be lame, and people would look at Superfriends as if we had no sense of humor, and all the propaganda from the PB vs SF/Duckroll/Fark war would be made exceptionally boring to annoy us.

DID YOU SEE THAT HINT I DROPPED THERE OMG
[/quote]
Wow id like to know how duckroll got thrown in that mix.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1299451790' post='2654734']
My only question is this:

Why exactly didn't NoR ride to war with DH and CnG when they were suppose too? DT had been in war for...a month and 1 week? I think...if NoR was going to come in...what were they waiting for?

Just a question btw...serious question
[/quote]
I believe bassman and magnet both answered this if not hit me up I will.

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1299470083' post='2655004']
See, while I can't stand Xiph and wholeheartedly agree that he's being ridiculous, this strikes me as awfully hypocritical. "Xiph is trying to utterly end his enemies, and that's wrong, so Xiph should be utterly ended."

-Bama
[/quote]
Ahhh bama good to see you get it.

SF has been constant and has been around the longest out of any major bloc out there at this current time. Does this surprise anyone about what xiph may or may not want to do. Anytime you bring him in to a posistion of power he will try to ensure that an enemy cant come back to hit him later. Sound strategy in a different world yes, on this world not so much. My comments arent in support of SF but merely a personal opinion.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1299474121' post='2655045']
Ahhh bama good to see you get it.

SF has been constant and has been around the longest out of any major bloc out there at this current time. Does this surprise anyone about what xiph may or may not want to do. Anytime you bring him in to a posistion of power he will try to ensure that an enemy cant come back to hit him later. Sound strategy in a different world yes, on this world not so much. My comments arent in support of SF but merely a personal opinion.
[/quote]
Yes indeed. This is what a lot of people here simply can't seem to grasp. When it is impossible to actually kill your enemy, trying to do so is beyond stupid. They'll just come back more pissed than before. If you disband their alliance, they will spread to the corners of the globe and vocally oppose their new alliances having anything to do with you. By early 2009, virtually [i]every alliance[/i] had a serious anti-NPO lobby, because the diaspora of the Hegemony's victims had spread out and begun convincing members of their new alliances that NPO and friends must be opposed. This was a large factor in the mass defection from the Hegemony. But of course no one has learned, and no one will ever learn. People here will always foolishly try to "end" their enemies. It is an impossible task and one that will always end in ruin.

-Bama

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1299474698' post='2655056']
Yes indeed. This is what a lot of people here simply can't seem to grasp. When it is impossible to actually kill your enemy, trying to do so is beyond stupid. They'll just come back more pissed than before. If you disband their alliance, they will spread to the corners of the globe and vocally oppose their new alliances having anything to do with you. By early 2009, virtually [i]every alliance[/i] had a serious anti-NPO lobby, because the diaspora of the Hegemony's victims had spread out and begun convincing members of their new alliances that NPO and friends must be opposed. This was a large factor in the mass defection from the Hegemony. But of course no one has learned, and no one will ever learn. People here will always foolishly try to "end" their enemies. It is an impossible task and one that will always end in ruin.

-Bama
[/quote]

Wow. Either i need to get out more than i have been doing, or you are the only other person apart from me that i have heard[seen] say this.

As for the subject matter of the opening post, no surprises there.

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1299457209' post='2654824']
PC offered them the Following terms

1. Surrender to PC
2. Do Not re-enter on the NpO/NPO front

Yep, that's it. And they refuse the term "surrender" in the terms.

--

ROK, in the STA thread one of your members said you will not surrender due to honour.

It is not honorable to hold your nations in a state of war because you do not want to lose your record of not losing.

You went to defend NpO, against your SF bloc allies and VE. I offer you props for going against the bulk of your allies to defend another one, but doing so was not honourable. Stop lying to yourselves that you are. You guys are a group of bullies who think they can get their way and didn't count on getting sucker punched by a smaller, better coordinated alliance and denying that you have been beaten by Poison Clan just extends the war, damaging your nations much more than ours. Yes there are some of our older nations down in the low levels with you scrapping away, hell I am one of them, but accept defeat, before you lose more than just NS in the aftermath.
[/quote]

I love this quote. I don't think anybody could have said it better.

We're fine with extending the war, really, we're good...and it has absolutely nothing to do with a streak and also has nothing to do with turning a frown upside down. We fight till white peace with no surrender for the sole reason that it is who we are. Polar has been told that they do not have to wait for us to recieve peace, and they are fine staying by our side.

If it is holding up the peace process, change the wording. If not, we'll try again next month.

[quote name='Acca Dacca' timestamp='1299478401' post='2655108']
We're fine with extending the war, really, we're good...and it has absolutely nothing to do with a streak and also has nothing to do with turning a frown upside down. We fight till white peace with no surrender for the sole reason that it is who we are. Polar has been told that they do not have to wait for us to recieve peace, and they are fine staying by our side.

If it is holding up the peace process, change the wording. If not, we'll try again next month.
[/quote]
I might not think this is particularly prudent of you, but I can respect not surrendering because you just don't give a $%&@. Rok on.

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1299473138' post='2655026']
We work and work and work but he just forces us to stop recruit and stop buying infra. He's a monster. ;_;
[/quote]

Its ok maybe one day GOD will come to power. They've been around longer than some of the sanctioned alliances and still sit down there with the Young Alliances. Sad day, Sad Sad Day.

Honestly, this isn't about SF in my opinion. RoK is obviously too proud for their allies good, but Xiph has always been an a*&hat n always will be. How those in god continue to put up with him is beyond me.

Fark honestly is one of the best alliances in game, and the rest of SF are no where near as horrible as god. Most are quite the opposite.

As far as Rok, well they place NpO above the rest of their treaty partners, so seems to me they don't really need to be in that bloc...ya, I'm a bit biased here.

If Fark joined back up and god disappeared, SF would be a great bloc. One of, if not the best.

Edited by Chalaskan