Why is SF so terrible?

Rebel Virginia

You guys do realize that Xiphosis' warped view of the world will make him feel like a hero when he reads this thread? That's how sad he is. Wets himself whenever he feels the glare of the spotlight.

RV, I couldn't agree more. This bloc needs to go and CsN/GOD needs to burn. I was actually planning on discussing SF on my Podcast (shameless plug) - seems you took the words right out of my mouth.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='foxfire99' timestamp='1299446474' post='2654642']
Is there actual evidence that Xiphosis wanted to disband UPN, or are we all just taking Rebel Virginia's word on this?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]It's Xiphy. If you know even an inkling of his history you know that there has never been anything he's wanted more than to forcibly disband someone. Anyone. He's tried it several times before when he's been on the winning side, and now he's trying again. Either he's trying to keep Polar from getting peace, or he wants to keep the war going long enough for UPN to disband. Either way, it makes no sense to refuse peace to UPN unless he is trying to do one of those things.[/color]

[quote name='Moridin' timestamp='1299446456' post='2654641']
He is, however, solely responsible for tying up peace on the UPN front specifically - or do you dispute that?
[/quote]
No one said that. The OP, and specifically the line I quoted, said Xiph was holding up peace on the NpO front of the war. UPN isn't even a "front", its a singular alliance on it's front.

Edited by blueski

Yea SF has screwed up a lot of stuff in this war. It'd be nice if they were screwing stuff up for just their enemies, but instead they're trampling on friend and former friends.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1299446762' post='2654645']
[color="#0000FF"]It's Xiphy. If you know even an inkling of his history you know that there has never been anything he's wanted more than to forcibly disband someone. Anyone. He's tried it several times before when he's been on the winning side, and now he's trying again. Either he's trying to keep Polar from getting peace, or he wants to keep the war going long enough for UPN to disband. Either way, it makes no sense to refuse peace to UPN unless he is trying to do one of those things.[/color]
[/quote]

He may also be extremely smart and realize that almost everyone besides VE can't stand SF anymore. He may know they're probably in for a beating down soon and if he can carry this war on longer it gives him and his allies longer to figure out what to do. That could be why ALL of SF has been screwing stuff up. (except for RIA and RnR.....yet)

[quote name='Natan' timestamp='1299445028' post='2654611']
Xiph is what is wrong with CN, plain and simple. A CN without him is a far brighter world and anyone who thinks different needs to open their eyes. He is the sole member of the upper echelon of alliance leaders trying to carry on the New Pacific Order's old style of play that we all fought so hard with to destroy.
[/quote]

Amusing. I'll remember this the next time you and your allies request our assistance.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1299446178' post='2654635']
[color="#0000FF"]Oh, I guess I had forgotten about RoK. That only adds to the larger question, however. What makes SF so terrible?[/color]
[/quote]
Clearly, Rebel Virginia, it is your non presence within the group. You should immediately disband NSO and join GOD.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1299447224' post='2654652']
He may also be extremely smart and realize that almost everyone besides VE can't stand SF anymore. He may know they're probably in for a beating down soon and if he can carry this war on longer it gives him and his allies longer to figure out what to do. That could be why ALL of SF has been screwing stuff up. (except for RIA and RnR.....yet)
[/quote]

If I remember right, there were some leaks a while back basically to that effect, where Xiph was troubled with PB and company and felt that they were likely down the road to squish SF and company.

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1299447973' post='2654665']
If I remember right, there were some leaks a while back basically to that effect, where Xiph was troubled with PB and company and felt that they were likely down the road to squish SF and company.
[/quote]

Yea I can imagine why they'd be afraid. When there are a group of people strong enough to declare war just for the hell of it and not have to worry about backlash you usually don't want to be on their bad side.

I wish SF luck in sorting things out because I have a good bit of friends over there. It's hard to keep those friendships going though when the stuff you do directly hurts me and my alliance. It makes me wonder if those bonds are even real.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1299447224' post='2654652']
Yea SF has screwed up a lot of stuff in this war. It'd be nice if they were screwing stuff up for just their enemies, but instead they're trampling on friend and former friends.

[/quote]

I think you're giving your friend a little too much credit omni, yea sure Xiph is an evil genius and all, I just don't believe that Xiph thinks he has any chance of saving SF from the next beat down. Also why let CSN essentially put them in the position they are now, I understand why he may be doing it now, but why let CSN put SF in the position they are now.

[quote name='Heya' timestamp='1299444215' post='2654593']
It's not just those two but it's RoK as well, there an absolute joke. They had 700k+ NS on us, almost double our numbers and the advantage of surprise and now there currently losing by nearly 600k :lol1:
[/quote]

Do you have absolutely any class at all? People like you make me dislike your alliance. Up until now I was enjoying a good war with a competant adversary... but you are completely classless... [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]

[quote name='Big Z' timestamp='1299447542' post='2654661']
Amusing. I'll remember this the next time you and your allies request our assistance.
[/quote]

You'll deny VE assistance? :wacko:

Confusion.

Xiph is a dick, what else is new? It's not like this UPN thing is the first time he's been unpleasant. I mean, the logs of his conversation with Dajobo didn't exactly impress me [although tbf it was pretty funny seeing him rage at Polar.. he was spot on with his analysis of their foreign policy, for example, even if he was a dick about it.]

[quote name='Learz' timestamp='1299445514' post='2654623']
I had hoped disbanding alliances was dead and in the ground.
People like Xiph need to be taken out.
[/quote]

Well, what are you waiting for? Take him out big shot. The ulterior motive of this thread is to incite conflict innner-conflict within SF, it's just not going to happen.

[quote name='Garrow' timestamp='1299449859' post='2654691']
Well, what are you waiting for? Take him out big shot. The ulterior motive of this thread is to incite conflict innner-conflict within SF, it's just not going to happen.
[/quote]

I think the idea of this thread is to let everyone know why the war has been held up. It's RV it's what he does.

[quote name='welshgazza1992' timestamp='1299448497' post='2654673']
Do you have absolutely any class at all? People like you make me dislike your alliance. Up until now I was enjoying a good war with a competant adversary... but you are completely classless... [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Yeah man, we're classless. What can we say.

[quote name='Garrow' timestamp='1299449859' post='2654691']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I believe there is already internal conflict within SF between some of the more level heads and Xiphypoo. But even so, that's not why I do this. I just find GOD's attempt to keep UPN in a prolonged war, for no good reason other than to satiate his delicate little ego, to be absolutely disgusting. And for those few who do not yet know the story, it is my duty to enlighten them.[/color]