Why is SF so terrible?

Rebel Virginia

Just curious (and a tad ignorant), can someone provide me a complete yet brief history of Xiphypoo? I don't want to make judgements without full information.

Edited by HHAYD

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1299453825' post='2654763']
I think it's more along the lines that he thinks that he is a leader of the caliber of Moldavi, Sponge or Archon when really he is just the sadistic leader of a medium-sized alliance with much more bark than bite.

I would imagine this is counterproductive in the department of everything.
[/quote]

Maybe so, but it takes a good bit of something to have an ego that big and keep around 90 members in your alliance. All the other leaders who thought they were better than what they were ended up being taken down by their own membership.

Back on subject though,If Xiph does in fact want UPN forcefully disbanded; I don't imagine any appeals to Xiph will have him listening. I say we all just peace out despite GOD and UPN and hope GOD goes GRE on themselves.

The way I understood it though he was refusing to peace out for a while because UPN refused to peace out when he offered it. Yes they're holding up people who are friends of there's in a war now because they don't want to move on, but I'm sure they don't really care.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1299453825' post='2654764']
Which is all the more reason why NoR's entry into this war was more irrelevant to the CSN-DT situation.
[/quote]

I hear you. At least they actually tried something to get their ally out though. You guys really shouldn't have played that situation how you did.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1299453825' post='2654763']
I think it's more along the lines that he thinks that he is a leader of the caliber of Moldavi, Sponge or Archon when really he is just the sadistic leader of a medium-sized alliance with much more bark than bite.

I would imagine this is counterproductive in the department of everything.
[/quote]

You can hate him for the recent issues, but he has been a pivotal figure in world politics for years and has had a huge impact on how things have turned out.

[quote name='Garrow' timestamp='1299449859' post='2654691']
Well, what are you waiting for? Take him out big shot. The ulterior motive of this thread is to incite conflict innner-conflict within SF, it's just not going to happen.
[/quote]
A small matter of the ongoing war is holding me up, although I'm sure you know about that, so posing a rhetorical question like that does nothing for you.
But when people like Xiph are allowed free reign (dare I say it, allowed by people like you), the more the entirety of this place suffers.

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1299454139' post='2654768']
Just curious (and a tad ignorant), can someone provide me a complete yet brief history of Xiphypoo? I don't want to make judgements without full information.
[/quote]

Just read this:

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/GOD

It's actually one of the most informative wiki pages. Although most of it centers around Xiph's grudges. It should be very helpful.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1299454258' post='2654769']
I hear you. At least they actually tried something to get their ally out though. You guys really shouldn't have played that situation how you did.
[/quote]

You won't get any disagreement from me there.

[quote]The way I understood it though he was refusing to peace out for a while because UPN refused to peace out when he offered it.[/quote]

I'm not aware of any such offer from GOD. Though, I've only be a trium for a week or so.

As for the topic, I will say my interactions with RnR on both a personal and IC level have been cordial. So, I'm not so sure it's a "SF" issue.

[quote name='TECUMSEH' timestamp='1299455224' post='2654790']
I'm not aware of any such offer from GOD. Though, I've only be a trium for a week or so.

As for the topic, I will say my interactions with RnR on both a personal and IC level have been cordial. So, I'm not so sure it's a "SF" issue.
[/quote]

I am pretty sure it happened. This would have been very early in the war. Still doesn't qualify for forced disbandment though.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1299454372' post='2654773']
Just read this:

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/GOD

It's actually one of the most informative wiki pages. Although most of it centers around Xiph's grudges. It should be very helpful.
[/quote]
Perhaps I'm interpreting the article different that other people around here, but I don't see any mentions of Xiph's grudges or forceful disbandment of alliances except for ENA.

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1299453618' post='2654756']
Ahem, im sure alot of other threads will soon be derailed into "why wont rok surrender, PC #1 huurrr"
so lets try and make this easy.
PC needs to surrender to RoK.
Why? PC is winning in stats and in overall damage caused, they know it, im sure most of CN knows it.
Im sure even if they did surrender to us most people would still see it as a PC victory.
So why dont they surrender?
Because they're proud, because they're having fun, because they're helping an ally.

and so is RoK.
[/quote]

Why should PC Surrender?? So that RoK keeps their Unbeaten record which I understand is the ONLY reason ROK are keeping the entire NpO Front at war alongside Xiphy.

ROK. You have been defeated at upper tier, middle tier and we will beat you at lower tier, even when we've been and still technically are outnumbered 2-1 / 3-1 now in certain ranges.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1299454507' post='2654778']
I'm glad at least someone in CSN has a level head about that situation.
[/quote]

I'm quite flexible, yet dedicated [to], my opinions and convictions. Just because I am in a government position doesn't necessitate that I drone along with a conformed opinion; I suppose every government needs balance, to which I provide something of that sort for mine.

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1299455924' post='2654803']
Why should PC Surrender?? So that RoK keeps their Unbeaten record which I understand is the ONLY reason ROK are keeping the entire NpO Front at war alongside Xiphy.
[/quote]

Or could it be that they simply do not want to accept your current "deal/proposal"? :huh:

Edited by SpacingOutMan

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1299454348' post='2654771']
You can hate him for the recent issues, but he has been a pivotal figure in world politics for years and has had a huge impact on how things have turned out.
[/quote]

That's due to his treaties. Anyone could do that in all honesty. Just ally some of the bigger treaty whores in DH then expand yourself. Then just be a !@#$@#$ !@#$%.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1299456238' post='2654807']
Anyone could do that in all honesty.
[/quote]

Putting all personal opinions aside, no, not anyone could do what Xiphosis does. Perhaps you've never gotten to work with him (inb4 Xiphosis runs CSN! LOL!), but the effort he puts in for "his side" is only matched by a select few that I can think of.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1299456418' post='2654809']
Putting all personal opinions aside, no, not anyone could do what Xiphosis does. Perhaps you've never gotten to work with him (inb4 Xiphosis runs CSN! LOL!), but the effort he puts in for "his side" is only matched by a select few that I can think of.
[/quote]

You romanticize what Xiph does. While he does put in work, I'll give him that. Anyone with treaties to power can do things. Might makes right.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1299455975' post='2654805']
Or could it be that they simply do not want to accept your current "deal/proposal"? :huh:
[/quote]

"Surrender to PC, Do not re-engage on the NpO/NPO fronts"

Yep... Really hard deal there.

personally, i find xiph's occasional bursts of complete madness to be one of sf's finer qualities. in a list of reasons of why sf are terrible, xiph has to be quite low to the bottom.

Edited by Banksy

[i]If[/i] this is accurate (and knowing Xiphosis, it likely is), it is very unreasonable. The reps were excessive and unwarranted and I'm not in favor of disbanding alliances, ever. Xiphosis and GOD in general can be cool but the grudges and hard line on terms can be pretty ridiculous.

Anyone know the details of what RoK is doing?

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1299456868' post='2654816']
Anyone know the details of what RoK is doing?
[/quote]

PC offered them the Following terms

1. Surrender to PC
2. Do Not re-enter on the NpO/NPO front

Yep, that's it. And they refuse the term "surrender" in the terms.

--

ROK, in the STA thread one of your members said you will not surrender due to honour.

It is not honorable to hold your nations in a state of war because you do not want to lose your record of not losing.

You went to defend NpO, against your SF bloc allies and VE. I offer you props for going against the bulk of your allies to defend another one, but doing so was not honourable. Stop lying to yourselves that you are. You guys are a group of bullies who think they can get their way and didn't count on getting sucker punched by a smaller, better coordinated alliance and denying that you have been beaten by Poison Clan just extends the war, damaging your nations much more than ours. Yes there are some of our older nations down in the low levels with you scrapping away, hell I am one of them, but accept defeat, before you lose more than just NS in the aftermath.

Out of the three major blocs(SF, CnG, PB/DH), SF is byfar the best. RoK, RIA, and RnR are all solid and loyal alliances, CSN is decent(though the terms were !@#$), and GOD....is just GOD. Fark is also allied to SF which is an added bonus.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1299454348' post='2654771']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Methinks people around here live too much in the past. The past is irrelevant. What he is doing now is all that is of concern to many of us.[/color]

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299457018' post='2654819']
Ooo, ooo, do "Why is DH/PB so terrible?" next RV. Or just cut to the chase and do "Why is GOONS so terrible?"
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I may not like some of the DH alliances, but none of them are truly terrible alliances. A good few I actually have some respect for. SF I just find completely idiotic these days.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1299456554' post='2654811']
You romanticize what Xiph does. While he does put in work, I'll give him that. Anyone with treaties to power can do things. Might makes right.
[/quote]

Then I guess we have to agree to disagree, because I know of only a few who do (or have done) as much as Xiphosis currently does, on both sides of past and present "inter-alliance coalitions".

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1299457209' post='2654824']
PC offered them the Following terms

1. Surrender to PC
2. Do Not re-enter on the NpO/NPO front

Yep, that's it. And they refuse the term "surrender" in the terms.
[/quote]

So because RoK doesn't want to surrender, they are all of a sudden honor-less? It also seems that you forgot the alternative your alliance proposed:

1. White peace (no surrender) + mandatory tech. deals

So since both options were turned down, I think it has something to do with their own self-respect and pride. Clearly you underestimated Kait's and the rest of RoK's resolve; that is no one's fault except for yours. Whether or not you find that to be advantageous is not my prerogative.

Edited by SpacingOutMan