Why is SF so terrible?

Rebel Virginia

just to all the "RoK's being unfair holding up peace because of one word" posters
PC seems to be just as attached to the word as rok is opposed, surely they aren't so shallow that they need written confromation of a victory?
Although as one PC put it, "this is a text game" so maybe words is what this is all about after all, if we dont yell uncle does that mean we won?

Edited by Systemfailure

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1299636725' post='2657327']
just to all the "RoK's being unfair holding up peace because of one word" posters
PC seems to be just as attached to the word as rok is opposed, surely they aren't so shallow that they need written confromation of a victory?
Although as one PC put it, "this is a text game" so maybe words is what this is all about after all, if we dont yell uncle does that mean we won?
[/quote]
The differance is that PC won, they aren't the ones that have to make concessions.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1299635995' post='2657312']
Do you really want to try and play that game with one of Umb's allies?
[/quote]
It seems to me that you lot are already playing, what with a solid quarter of Poison Clan's membership having an alliance seniority of less than their time at war.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1299637132' post='2657340']
It seems to me that you lot are already playing, what with a solid quarter of Poison Clan's membership having an alliance seniority of less than their time at war.
[/quote]

Dejavu returnees, started coming prior to the Rok hit and completely dissolved their former alliance. Other then that, very few.

Its been thoroughly gone over elsewhere, and all has been found to be copacetic.

[/quote]

People cycle AAs. Hell, I change mine just to make the PC AA appear different all the time.

Edited by Zoomzoomzoom

[/quote]

Ive personally had to fight a few of these mercinaries after jumping to the PC AA and engaging RoK. I can tell you now its not a myth even now im seeing guys with zero days AA history entering the fray. Ive seen guys jumping from iFOK, Umbrella, SLCB etc.

Anyway... more meat for the grinder hey mate! :)

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1299637227' post='2657345']
humble in victory and gracious in defeat
[/quote]

This is the exact point I was trying to bring up 5-6 pages ago, x alliance declares on y alliance, y wins, x loses and admits it, y offers peace on condition of surrender, and x refuses to surrender, war continues. Now if I was to show this to a completely unbiased individual, who is being humble, and who is being gracious? (please note this is a completely hypothetical question)

edited for yukon don!

Edited by Sweeeeet Ronny D

[quote name='Leigon' timestamp='1299636418' post='2657320']
No, we don't. We don't want to see Rok treated unfairly either. So glad they aren't.
[/quote]
And they aren't being treated unfairly. They are being stubborn solely for their stupid "undefeated" record. They were beaten by PC. All they have to do is admit to the fact that everyone else already knows. Standard procedure. I could care less if RoK wants to be further ground into dust, but this war has run it's course and all they are doing is hurting their allies. No war have we seen such low requirements for surrender. The fact that people are even implying PC is being unfair is laughable and shows how short-sighted those people are. Remember wonder destruction anyone?

Given this is an "academic" discussion: I think there is a need to define exactly what is meant by the use of "terrible" in the title of this thread and "awful" in the OP. Is this intended to describe SF alliances as dangerous and despicable, due to some perceived abuse of power which seems to be the assertion against GOD (and might be taken as a compliment), or is it meant to describe them as incompetent and ineffectual, which seems to be the assertion against RoK?

Ultimately, I think the terms are used to describe alliances that individual posters simply don't like for whatever reason, but which does not necessarily make them terrible or awful in either sense.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1299644428' post='2657467']
And they aren't being treated unfairly. They are being stubborn solely for their stupid "undefeated" record. They were beaten by PC. All they have to do is admit to the fact that everyone else already knows. Standard procedure. I could care less if RoK wants to be further ground into dust, but this war has run it's course and all they are doing is hurting their allies. No war have we seen such low requirements for surrender. The fact that people are even implying PC is being unfair is laughable and shows how short-sighted those people are. Remember wonder destruction anyone?
[/quote]

Please inform me where we said we cared about our record, or do you just spew !@#$?

alliance seniority means nothing. All of us with little seniority have changed AA's to get out of nuclear anarachy/collect taxes. And the very few of us that weren't here just prior to the war were either from deja vu or whatever or were former PC. For example I fought with PC in Karma.

Either way we came back is because we all have good friends and memories here.

[quote name='Sweeeeet Ronny D' timestamp='1299644282' post='2657465']
offers white peace on condition of surrender,
[/quote]

White Peace by definition doesn't have conditions or terms. Call it what it is...they offered Surrender with no other terms....

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1299641419' post='2657416']
Ive personally had to fight a few of these mercinaries after jumping to the PC AA and engaging RoK. I can tell you now its not a myth even now im seeing guys with zero days AA history entering the fray. Ive seen guys jumping from iFOK, Umbrella, SLCB etc.

[/quote]

Get a list of nations in PC before any of this war. Get a list now. [u]You're fighting fewer nations right now[/u]. Get over it.

[quote name='citizenkane' timestamp='1299647330' post='2657506']
Get a list of nations in PC before any of this war. Get a list now. [u]You're fighting fewer nations right now[/u]. Get over it.
[/quote]

That literally means nothing. You have fewer nations now because some have quit/left/deleted.

[quote name='citizenkane' timestamp='1299647330' post='2657506']
[/quote]

I entered this talk about AA-hoppers because of threatening comments made to members of GOD for saying they would consider joining rok to end the fight.

You know what i dont have a pre-war nation list but that doesn't stop me seeing what is happening... just a day ago I saw what I thought was the leader of SLCB Porksaber join PC and hit multiple RoK nations. Ive caught many others too some even forgeting to change their AA first. Personally I'm cool as long as your cool for us to do the same thing hey.

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1299647572' post='2657507']
That literally means nothing. You have fewer nations now because some have quit/left/deleted.
[/quote]

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1299648226' post='2657514']
I entered this talk about AA-hoppers because of threatening comments made to members of GOD for saying they would consider joining rok to end the fight.

You know what i dont have a pre-war nation list but that doesn't stop me seeing what is happening... just a day ago I saw what I thought was the leader of SLCB Porksaber join PC and hit multiple RoK nations. Ive caught many others too some even forgeting to change their AA first. Personally I'm cool as long as your cool for us to do the same thing hey.
[/quote]

My point is, is that we have had a lot fewer nations do this than you're making out.

Also, cool story bro

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1299641419' post='2657416']

[/quote]

I keep hearing this, but there weren't really any Umbrella people at any point and two iFOK guys. Your Empress ghosted Polar and hit VE. This mass movement has never come from us.

I wont get into the politics of this thread but just correct some inaccuracies.

The Empress never ghosted Polar, she applied and joined. She returned to RoK at their request. Also RoK are not the reason we are still at war so this stuff about them "holding allies in" is incorrect.