An open letter to The International

Frost

To all the comrades and leftists of Planet Bob, friends and comrades alike:

The Central Committee of The International is fooling you. For 781 days, that is, about two years and two months, The International has existed. It was a nice dream when it was founded. The leftist unity was pretty close when CPCN, SE and the leftist wing of TRF joined. We almost claimed "Victory!". But we were wrong. There were the microleftists out there. I vouched them for a long time: I supported SWF, RED, LSN, NEAT, and so on. Among those, only NEAT has survived the time being. My congratulations to you. NEAT has demonstrated that it's not needed a lot of NS or a high PANS to be a relevant player in this game.

Those were nice old days, before the Karma War. It was clear who was the bad guy, and we, obviously, were the good guys. Then came the day all of us stood still, when Archon made his famous speech calling for a change on the political system of Planet Bob. War began, nukes were fired, treaties were broken. When the dust settled, the world had changed. The Wall came down. It was a good day for freedom, as the song says. We were closer then never before to the triumph of the leftist ideals. There was a feeling of comraderie and friendship amongst the alliances who belonged to Karma as never before. But as many have predicted, Karma was not the new Hegemony. It was just a crew of loonies with one goal. When this goal was achieved, unity fell. The Treaty Cluster$%&@ Era had begun.

To The International, there weren't a lot of changes until , besides I kept trying to support the ideal of unity of the left by giving oppportunities to the microleftists. However, it had started a consensus that microleftists were troubleheads to The International. It was wrong, and I protested. Some listened. Most didn't. However, on October past year, a new factor have begun to strike at heart to The International's path to leftist revolution: when FOK abandoned LEO, and Pandora's Box was founded. LEO was injured of death, we all knew it. So the Central Comittee of The International have become obsessed with the position of the alliance in the CN-verse politics.

Here I must do a little detour. During the last two years, there were two main currents inside The International. One current vouched for a quick path, lending a hand to the microleft and the traditional allies of the former CPCN. It was the traditional position of the founding fathers of The International, amongst the ones I count myself. The other current asked for a more practical focus. They supported a more firm growth and a stronger position on the CN-verse, so INT was able to defend with more power the leftist ideals.

Let's go back to the events. LEO was disbanded, and INT was free to take their course of action for the first time on their history. It was well connected, so the security was less of an issue. Some of us defended: it's time for a jump. It's time for a leftist bloc. But fear was spreaded amongst the ranks of the alliance. The spectrum of Nordreich has always flown over The International. Let's get real. NoR has never been a threat to The International. In practice, INT and NoR have fighted most of their common history, in the same side. But there were other options: an aproximation to SF or to C&G. The latter triumphed, and it was the biggest mistake of the history of The International.

Since The International became member of C&G, The International has lost its soul. INT has chained itself and `good relations`and `best interest` was put in front of relations with our traditional allies. They started to fall as flies: first victim was SOS Brigade. They had a conflict with SLCB, and INT didn't moved a finger. Later, TGE fell into chaos, and INT didn't moved a finger at all. And finally, the worst crime was committed. The Doomhouse-NPO war started. C&G entered the war, and, for the first time being, The International has torn to be liberators to be the oppresors.

Don't misunderstand my words. I don't like NPO. I never liked them. But they had their punishment, they learnt the lesson and became just another alliance in the CN-verse. The war against them has been immoral and a terrible mistake. One month has passed, since that, and there is no trace that the Central Committee will change its position.

So I call the comrades of The International to think and to decide if they want this Committee to rule them. Another International is possible. They still have time to take another course. To stop realpolitik to stand in the way of leftist unity. The International has abandoned its ideals, but I know the membership of The International quite well, as long as I have been MoIA for one whole year. I'm not calling for a violent action. I'm summoning you to remember all this on the next elections, and take opportunity to vote another government that better represents the leftist movement.

It's your decision, but I trust you.

Yours sincerely,
Frost, former General Secretary of The International.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Frost' timestamp='1299269818' post='2652656']
Don't misunderstand my words. I don't like NPO. I never liked them. But they had their punishment, they learnt the lesson and became just another alliance in the CN-verse. The war against them has been immoral and a terrible mistake. One month has passed, since that, and there is no trace that the Central Committee will change its position.
[/quote]

I disagree. Who says they learned their lesson? An alliance with revanchist tendencies that thinks the reps imposed on it were unjust is somehow changed? Honestly, if anyone thought they were just another alliance or were going to be treated that way, they weren't reading between the lines carefully enough.

Good luck to the International. I know some of you have had issues with this, but keep going strong.

In addition, the International went to bat for Dark Fist not too long ago, even though it put them in a rather bad situation and took heavy damage.

Edited by Antoine Roquentin

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1299280407' post='2652803']
I disagree. Who says they learned their lesson? An alliance with revanchist tendencies that thinks the reps imposed on it were unjust is somehow changed? Honestly, if anyone thought they were just another alliance or were going to be treated that way, they weren't reading between the lines carefully enough.

Good luck to the International. I know some of you have had issues with this, but keep going strong.

In addition, the International went to bat for Dark Fist not too long ago, even though it put them in a rather bad situation and took heavy damage.
[/quote]

So basically now you are attempting to finish off what you couldn't in Karma? Thanks for clearing that up.

[/quote]

If you don't like being beaten up, then you must be beaten up again until you learn to like it.

Great Policy.

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1299285054' post='2652885']
Frost: you have no class. Good riddance to a petty spoilsport who took his grievances public rather than respecting the will of the democratic majority.

-Craig
[/quote]

Perhaps the process of having your grievances addressed as an alienated minority would be a good next step for INT. Afterall, a majority-rules democracy is hardly equal and fair when enough people are dissatisfied. And I remember Frost as a classy individual over the years.

Just a friendly suggestion, Comrade. I wish you and INT all the best.

[quote name='The Mongol-Swedes' timestamp='1299288511' post='2652940']
Perhaps the process of having your grievances addressed as an alienated minority would be a good next step for INT. Afterall, a majority-rules democracy is hardly equal and fair when enough people are dissatisfied. And I remember Frost as a classy individual over the years.

Just a friendly suggestion, Comrade. I wish you and INT all the best.
[/quote]

We have procedures for airing our grievances internally, and all members are encouraged to speak their minds. He had an opportunity to do so, and this post is a rehash of all the points he has made at earlier times. This is not an open letter to INT, it is a cry to the psuedo-moralists for sympathy disguised as a noble plea. What Frost had done is absolutely despicable -- he has lost an internal political/policy fight, and instead of accepting it with honor, he has run off to post this worthless message in public.

I've always been of the opinion that people should fight passionately about all issues under consideration, but once the decision has been made everyone should do their best to enact it, even when they disagree. It is a core tenet of INT's democratic centralism, and is enshrined as the first section in the first article of our constitution: [i]All National Affiliates and Affiliate Delegates will act in accordance with policies once they are enacted, and in a manner that does not bring ill repute upon themselves, the International, or its allies.[/i] When a person is incapable of doing that, they should respect their comrades and leave with dignity. They should not post a petty rant full of half-truths, misunderstandings, and slanderous fabrications.

Whatever respect I may have had for him has been completely erased by this immature stunt.

-Craig

Edited by Comrade Craig

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1299287122' post='2652909']
If you don't like being beaten up, then you must be beaten up again until you learn to like it.

Great Policy.
[/quote]

Well, you might want to take into account how exactly you got the reputation of the alliance who is always looking for the next war of retribution and how thinking your treatment during Karma was unjust gave people a certain impression.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1299290176' post='2652970']
Well, you might want to take into account how exactly you got the reputation of the alliance who is always looking for the next war of retribution and how thinking your treatment during Karma was unjust gave people a certain impression.
[/quote]

Oh certainly. I'm sure that being surrounded by figures that breathe the very life into the word "revanchism" might help with that. After all, if they are obsessive enough to seek vengeance over a 2-week war that happened 2 years ago (or, in some cases, not participating in a war even further back), then it is only natural that obsession is mirrored by a worldview that perceives the rest of the world as having the same dark, twisted soul.

It certainly is very convenient and self-serving to make wild claims that "evil Pacifica" was plotting by the sidelines. It would also be a blatant falsehood. While we certainly do not enjoy our treatment, and no alliance ever would, we do not hold, and have not exhibited, any desire to use it to fuel some form of desire for payback. We've managed to cultivate pretty good relations with some of the alliances we've fought, and with the ones we do have less than cordial relations with, it largely stems from events far more recent than 2 years ago.

Of course, I can understand why you might not want to believe such claims. Obvious incentives aside, you area co-belligerent with MK, an alliance that went to great pains to repeat obvious falsehoods that they were not frothing at the mouth to kill NPO, just days before they declared war. But, unlike your friends, when I claim we don't hold a grudge for something, I actually mean it. Pacifica is not revanchist towards those we actually fought, much less against alliances that didn't even fight (and some of them have gone out of their way to highlight that lack of fighting).

No, if you look at history since Karma, one alliance has been in complete and total peace, and a group of others have been beating up its allies and raiding its team in a deliberate provocation. Don't try to make yourselves out to be some kind of White Knight, preventing an evil plot. This war isn't about any real or perceived, present or future Pacifican actions: it is no more than an alliance of baser desires for revenge and self-serving political motives.

Thank you for your kind words. It is alarming to see a respected member and good friend of NEAT leaving The International in this manner. I hope whatever issues are within can be dealt with.

Edited by iamwalrus

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1299289768' post='2652966']
It is a core tenet of INT's democratic centralism, and is enshrined as the first section in the first article of our constitution: [i]All National Affiliates and Affiliate Delegates will act in accordance with policies once they are enacted, and in a manner that does not bring ill repute upon themselves, the International, or its allies.[/i]
[/quote]
And what happens when your policies institutionalize ill repute?

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1299290697' post='2652979']
What on bob is a "microleftist" and why should we care?
[/quote]
The context makes it clear. Maybe read it again til you get it.

Personally, I support the Judean People's Front. All the others are splitters.

With respect to the OP:

[quote name='Frost' timestamp='1299269818' post='2652656']
But fear was spreaded amongst the ranks of the alliance. The spectrum of Nordreich has always flown over The International. Let's get real. NoR has never been a threat to The International. In practice, INT and NoR have fighted most of their common history, in the same side.[/quote]

This much is true. What's especially bothersome for me is that I tried putting in a lot of work to make this one-way suspicion go away, with little in the way of concrete results.

*shrug*

Oh well.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1299294423' post='2653039']
Oh certainly. I'm sure that being surrounded by figures that breathe the very life into the word "revanchism" might help with that. After all, if they are obsessive enough to seek vengeance over a 2-week war that happened 2 years ago (or, in some cases, not participating in a war even further back), then it is only natural that obsession is mirrored by a worldview that perceives the rest of the world as having the same dark, twisted soul.[/quote]

You do realize that it wasn't the 2 weeks of war or the 82k tech you took from them, right? You kind of made it your modus operandi to hurt them since they came out of their UjW terms. Virtually everyone knows about the blacklist. I'm not sure why you were expecting that to be allowed to slide.
[quote]
It certainly is very convenient and self-serving to make wild claims that "evil Pacifica" was plotting by the sidelines. It would also be a blatant falsehood. While we certainly do not enjoy our treatment, and no alliance ever would, we do not hold, and have not exhibited, any desire to use it to fuel some form of desire for payback. We've managed to cultivate pretty good relations with some of the alliances we've fought, and with the ones we do have less than cordial relations with, it largely stems from events far more recent than 2 years ago.[/quote]

You didn't hate all of the alliances you fought in previous wars. You went after the main players. Where are they now? There's no evil here. Basically, you thought you got treated unfairly and were in the right and forced to pay unwarranted reps. see: reaction to sethb and what was demanded of teeters in order to get back in.

[quote]Of course, I can understand why you might not want to believe such claims. Obvious incentives aside, you area co-belligerent with MK, an alliance that went to great pains to repeat obvious falsehoods that they were not frothing at the mouth to kill NPO, just days before they declared war. But, unlike your friends, when I claim we don't hold a grudge for something, I actually mean it. Pacifica is not revanchist towards those we actually fought, much less against alliances that didn't even fight (and some of them have gone out of their way to highlight that lack of fighting).

No, if you look at history since Karma, one alliance has been in complete and total peace, and a group of others have been beating up its allies and raiding its team in a deliberate provocation. Don't try to make yourselves out to be some kind of White Knight, preventing an evil plot. This war isn't about any real or perceived, present or future Pacifican actions: it is no more than an alliance of baser desires for revenge and self-serving political motives.
[/quote]

When did they claim they didn't want to kill NPO? That sounds odd. Pacifica didn't want to hit MK if they could pull it off?

There is no alternative to complete and total peace for an alliance under terms or when it doesn't have the capability to enact anything. People aren't convinced you aren't any different than before, so it makes sense for them to be suspicious enough of your motives. I've never claimed us to be white knights or anything. I'm curious as to what the self-serving political motives are though.

Edited by Antoine Roquentin

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1299285054' post='2652885']
Frost: you have no class. Good riddance to a petty spoilsport who took his grievances public rather than respecting the will of the democratic majority.

-Craig
[/quote]

You are the last one to talk about class, so dont even try.

This thread: Lulz I'm gonna post the same thing in public that I did in my resignation thread.

Regardless of how much I and some others in INT may agree with some of Frost's claims, this was just an attempt to bring the house down alongside him. If he cared as much about INT as he says, he would have stayed and [b]actually voiced these concerns earlier.[/b] Or better yet, he could have made a real run in our elections against the people he claims are taking us in the wrong direction. Neither happened, and thus I bare no sympathy.

Edited by VladimirLenin

When you dance with the devil you dont change the Devil, the Devil changes you.

I disagree. Who says they learned their lesson?
[/quote]
You are right. Who needs proof that some one is a threat or will ever become a threat. Put the onus on them to provide proof they will never be a threat to anyone ever. Its like an extra after peace unwritten [b]eternal term[/b] of their surrender. That way you can still try to spin this as not a pathetic DoW or no CB at all except you dont like them or got scared.

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1299289768' post='2652966']
We have procedures for airing our grievances internally, and all members are encouraged to speak their minds. He had an opportunity to do so, and this post is a rehash of all the points he has made at earlier times. This is not an open letter to INT, it is a cry to the psuedo-moralists for sympathy disguised as a noble plea. What Frost had done is absolutely despicable -- he has lost an internal political/policy fight, and instead of accepting it with honor, he has run off to post this worthless message in public.

[/quote]
Congrats on being the new Hegemony, you sound exactly like them.

Edited by Alterego