An agreement of peace

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1299117247' post='2650316']
[color="#0000FF"]People know I hate reps very much, but a hundred million is quite manageable. I wouldn't have asked for it myself, but from NAC it is extremely manageable. They have quite a few 5k+ infra nations remaining. That'll facilitate their paying of reps quite a bit. They'll be out of terms in less than a month.

As for the future. What will GOONS ask for? Maybe a couple hundred million more. I won't be happy to pay it, and most NSO nations won't be (no one gets excited about paying reps or surrender terms except for Legion), but we knew what we were getting into when we joined the war effort. I can only hope the rest of those who declared on GOONS knew. If they don't, their problem not mine.[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]But I just got into peace mode.[/color]
[/quote]
As I said on IRC, Argent views 90% of reps to be extortion. Regardless of amount of whether they are manageable or not.

That point is separate to whether I am personally happy about it or not though, of course.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1299117673' post='2650346']
Glad to have this out. Many thanks to Pansy for being easy to deal with. I hope not to have to fight Olympus again. This was the second time.
[/quote]
Maybe next time I can be on the winning side?
In all seriousness, good to deal with you again Roquentin, a very open and honest negotiation, that went faster than we expect it to.

Congrats on peace guys, good luck rebuilding (though you guys don't need it) :)

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299116048' post='2650261']
Congrats on peace.

Before any of the other parties we're at war with get any ideas, their rep amount is severely discounted because of them leaving early, and not indicative of how much I intend to charge the majority of you (unless you choose to surrender soon as well).
[/quote]

I think I may have just wet my pants in terror, and I'm not even fighting GOONS

:awesome:

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1299116003' post='2650257']
[color="#0000FF"]Ha! I knew it. Alliances are dropping out of your coalition like flies GOONS. It is only a matter of time now before you......oh wait, these guys are on our side? Never mind that then.

Hopeless Coalition, my brothers. Fret not and fear not. This is a clever ruse, boys. We're getting GOONS confidence up. The moment it has gone to their heads then we strike. We will pull our final and secret card. Then our victory will be assured. I think. I'm pretty sure that's the plan. That is the plan, right? Does anyone know what the plan is?[/color]
[/quote]

That sounds about right.

*Affirmative. I asked Xiphosis, and he said that it was indeed the plan.

[quote name='Diomede' timestamp='1299116554' post='2650283']
Glad to see the extortion continue.
[/quote]

I see you have failed to understand the intent of the reparations, as I so kindly explained elsewhere. Let me explain it again:

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1299109504' post='2650052']
We'll impose reps to make people hate us even more than they do now and post lots of discussion threads like this one.
[/quote]

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1299116198' post='2650266']
pre-order your surrender for a special discount

It worked for TPF in 2007!
[/quote]

The past. Never let it go.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1299117247' post='2650316']
[color="#0000FF"]People know I hate reps very much, but a hundred million is quite manageable. I wouldn't have asked for it myself, but from NAC it is extremely manageable. They have quite a few 5k+ infra nations remaining. That'll facilitate their paying of reps quite a bit. They'll be out of terms in less than a month.
[/color]

[/quote]

This made me smile . Both of them will have to take out the check book .. Olympus has stepped up on this , and we dont hold a treaty with them. That shows some times doing what you think is right turns out ok.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1299116279' post='2650269']
so cute...

Congrats on peace, Olympus. I know why you did this and i know it wasnt an easy thing to do

EDIT: RV before you start bashing lets look at something. Youve now been at war for something like 2 or so weeks. Legion STILL has 201 nations in PM 2/3rds of their alliance still not willing to come out and fight and all big nations. All of NSO's big nations are in peace mode. Meanwhile Olympus has about half their big nations out of peace mode.

See the issue here? one party is willing to fight while other parties arent
[/quote]

Hey Wicked, some of our nations are in PM, some are due to come out (a few like Dilber are deathly inactive), and some are just resting around. Rest assured that NSO is doing quite a lot of fighting for our side and abilities, just ask some GOONs. Not saying Olympus (and NAC) didn't do a lot either, because they did and our coalition will have a bit of filling up to do here as a result.

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1299118449' post='2650390']
The past. Never let it go.
[/quote]

A great man once said "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1299119687' post='2650445']
You just doubled GOONS NS with those reps.
[/quote]
When a man's got money in his pocket, he begins to appreciate peace.