admin

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1297967452' post='2636773']
Open to suggestions.
[/quote]

Assuming 3BR and no donations, 1.5K infra costs 10.6 mil, add 2.5 mil for 200 tech and the 2 mil for the MP itself and you have a 15 mil MP,

i think that 1.5K infra and 200 tech minimum would be a good place to start, although it might be worth upping the actual MP cost, given the new changes MP's will still be easy to get, it won't be long (probably before day 20) before nations at 2K infra could be below the 5% mark, it would be all to easy for them to save 2 days of taxes and buy an MP, perhaps 5 mil for the actual cost?

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1297923647' post='2636432']
First off, I decided back in January that I'd like to make some changes to CN:TE so I slipped in some code that would automatically prevent round 16 from kicking off. In the mean time a big war happened in CN:Standard and I got sick with the flu and I ended up forgetting about all my plans for CN:TE. Apologies for neglecting to notify anyone.

The changes that are coming are a surprise to you.... and to me. It's pretty much just whatever I come up with at this point. CN:TE needs some refreshments after 15 rounds. Here are a few wrenches that I've thrown in so far:

1) You can purchase up to 100 levels of infras and land at a time instead of 50. [b](not really a big deal)[/b]
2) Nations start out with $5 million startup funds instead of $1 million. (neat)
3) Wars last for 5 days instead of 7 days. (interesting)
4) Nations can change their native resources once every 7 days for free. You can change them immediately after creating your nation instead of having to reroll. Trades get automatically updated to reflect a nation's resource change, so if you're trading for Sugar and Cattle and your trade partner changes to Rubber and Oil now you get Rubber and Oil. (magnificent or chaotic, depends on how you coordinate)
5) Added peak infrastructure and peak land purchased. If your land or infrastructure fall below your peak levels (minus 100 so that you can't cheat) then the purchase cost to replace it is reduced by 50%.
6)

Whenever I feel like I've made enough changes I'll post an announcement on here in this subforum a couple of days before round 16 begins.
[/quote]

Overall, I like these changes, I have very limited time but I will point out some positive and negatives of these plus adding some further opinions.

1) That's a huge deal actually, being a good nation grower, this will make a significant difference when purchasing these items. Personally would have rather had the ability to purchase 25 tech rather then 20 :/
2) Unless you wish to make money via donations, I suggest you double or triple the current amounts you receive when you donate otherwise it will be rather pointless doing so. Five Million is extremely high imo and 1 Mil was good enough.
3) Awesome improvement.
4) The best improvement of all of these, the changable resources will certainly add an entirely different factor to the game itself.
5) Actually I don't understand this one :P
6) Add some sort of requirement for nukes and the MP
7) Could you fix the GRL? It says 30 days in the TE guide and that's crazy high for TE
8) Maybe lower Wonders from 10 days to 8 days?

Will add more when I have more time!!

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

After playing 14 of the 15 rounds so far if I could suggest something it would be to make the tech damage bonus relevant in TE.

I know lots of other things in TE are ten times smaller/bigger, and I think a tech damage bonus of 0.1% instead of 0.01% is worth a shot.

Basically so that 500tech in TE does as much damage as 5000 in SE.

In TE, most nations only ever get a few hundred tech, and 500 is pretty much the most you ever see, and the tech damage just makes zero difference and the WRC is a waste of money.

You could say the same for Navy I guess, in TE it's basically been reduced to a NS booster for flag chasers... Increasing the battle damage they do in support mode would make them more useful.

Anyway, those are my thoughts, thankyou for any changes you make admin, it will certainly spice things up, I'll be giving any new changes you make a shot in practice, and not !@#$%*ing before they are even in place/completed :eyeroll:

[quote]will there be any changes to MP?
right now we could see a lot of day 2 nuke rogues? :/[/quote]

If ppl decide to kill ppl with nukes then so be it :D after all war is the part of the game and if smaller nations can get their nukes then it will even out every fight.

[list=1]
[*]You can purchase up to 100 levels of infras and land at a time instead of 50. (not really a big deal)
[*]Nations start out with $5 million startup funds instead of $1 million. (neat)
[*]Wars last for 5 days instead of 7 days. (interesting)
[*]Nations can change their native resources once every 7 days for free. You can change them immediately after creating your nation instead of having to reroll. Trades get automatically updated to reflect a nation's resource change, so if you're trading for Sugar and Cattle and your trade partner changes to Rubber and Oil now you get Rubber and Oil. (magnificent or chaotic, depends on how you coordinate)
[*]Added peak infrastructure and peak land purchased. If your land or infrastructure fall below your peak levels (minus 100 so that you can't cheat) then the purchase cost to replace it is reduced by 50%.
[/list]
[/quote]

[list=1]
[*]Remove Nuclear Anarchy and shorten the economic penalty from 5 days to 3 days. To compensate for lack of ground forces nations will have to be strategic about being on at update or purchasing a FSS or deploying their militaries to enable defenses when they are nuked.
[*]Change wonders to 7 day purchases, this will increase diversity among them and make it a little bit more strategic, allowing for 8 a round and giving nations a 4 day buffer from the beginning to end on their wonder window if they don't have the money to buy a wonder at the time.
[*]This is a bit more time consuming, but I'd like to see war events either triggered during peace time or during war time, where you gain 3% ground defense or offense, gain 5% missile damage, etc. They last for 48 hours, max of 2 at a time. Random of course.
[*]Increase the Manhattan Project requirements if you intend on keeping us at even 5 mil starting cash. 2000 infra, 250 tech and 500 land for instance. That way it will still take at least 5 days for people to get them, and will delay any potential coordinated alliance build ups and rolling over other alliances immediately beginning the round with nuclear weaponry involved.
[/list]

Thank you so much for what you're doing... now I'll include things that are a bit less ideal but would be interesting. Since everyone else is saying it, I've been around since the beginning too :P

[list]
[*]Increase the caps on units by 10 fold, keep the cost. We're looking at some major military might here if this happens, allowing for massive wars, casualties and more room for things to happen. Only question is how to handle the soldier numbers due to their tie in with population density.
[*]Future rounds, potentially test out new weaponry and improvements/wonders?
[*]Senate system, enable nuclear weapon sanctioning on one nation every three days, this would make one nuke 5x the cost, similar to how in real life nuclear sanctions on nations make it more difficult, but not impossible for them to get the weapons. Perhaps it will also eliminate 25% of the stock that nation has. Makes it a little bit more tricky to win that flag if you're on a hostile color. Since as it stands, colors are useless.
[*]Have wars auto-delete if a nation drops below 50 infra, make nations unable to sell infra below 500. First part allows lop-sided wars to end and slots for war to open up. Second part makes sure nations can't sacrifice themselves to those levels, and makes sure people can't delete infra to the point of zero bill payments and just be nuclear rogues without having a semi-decent warchest.
[/list]

That's all I got.

Looking forward to see what happens.

E: Drat, he finished before I posted!

Edited by lonewolfe2015

Personally, I don't like the idea of starting out with 10mill, it'll ruin the whole point of building properly etc, when anyone can get an MP, Nuke rogue, etc... This will basically only be helping out the mediocre alliance who aren't capable of building up decently.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit: I see admin is done, Guess we'll see how this plays out.

Confusion.

Edited by Confusion

I'd like to echo the sentiment of implementing a waiting period for being able to purchase nukes.

With a current system nuke rogues would become overpowering and I can sense a loss of the fun aspect of TE if a change is not put in place.

[quote]1) You can purchase up to 100 levels of infras and land at a time instead of 50. (not really a big deal)[/quote]

Will the forumlas for determing unit Infra and Land cost change (ie: thresholds for which you move to the next cost level)? Also, will the threshold levels for Infra Maintenance costs change or remain the same (ie: 499.99, 999.99, etc.)?

[quote]4) Nations can change their native resources once every 7 days for free. You can change them immediately after creating your nation instead of having to reroll.[/quote]

Is the change available once every 7th game day or 7 days from the last change? Also, can one make the initial change immediately after creation only once, or can they do it multiple times? In other words, does the initial change after creation count as a "once every 7 days" change?

[quote]5) Added peak infrastructure and peak land purchased. If your land or infrastructure fall below your peak levels (minus 100 so that you can't cheat) then the purchase cost to replace it is reduced by 50%.[/quote]

Could you explain this in more detail? Does this mean that if my all time high infra level (peak) was 2,000 infra and for what ever reason, it fell to 1,900, the cost of a unit of infra would drop to the equivalent of what it was at 800 infra? Does that apply to all future purchases or just to the "lost" infra? Will this apply for the whole round if one keeps losing and rebuying to a new (or the same) Peak Level?

I know that you said no more changes, but consider that since startiing funds are now 5x what they used to be, why not make the cost of the MP 5x what it used to be?

Finally, could you consider starting Round 16 at Noon,Server Time on the 19th or 20th? You could count that as Day 0 and it would allow us a half day to digest things.

Thank you for the changes. Should add some new spice to the game.

And thanks in advance for further clarification. :awesome:

Edited by Thomasj_tx

First off, I decided back in January that I'd like to make some changes to CN:TE so I slipped in some code that would automatically prevent round 16 from kicking off. In the mean time a big war happened in CN:Standard and I got sick with the flu and I ended up forgetting about all my plans for CN:TE. Apologies for neglecting to notify anyone.

The changes that are coming are a surprise to you.... and to me. It's pretty much just whatever I come up with at this point. CN:TE needs some refreshments after 15 rounds. Here are a few wrenches that I've thrown in so far:

1) You can purchase up to 100 levels of infras and land at a time instead of 50. (not really a big deal)
2) Nations start out with $5 million startup funds instead of $1 million. (neat)
3) Wars last for 5 days instead of 7 days. (interesting)
4) Nations can change their native resources once every 7 days for free. You can change them immediately after creating your nation instead of having to reroll. Trades get automatically updated to reflect a nation's resource change, so if you're trading for Sugar and Cattle and your trade partner changes to Rubber and Oil now you get Rubber and Oil. (magnificent or chaotic, depends on how you coordinate)
5) Added peak infrastructure and peak land purchased. If your land or infrastructure fall below your peak levels (minus 100 so that you can't cheat) then the purchase cost to replace it is reduced by 50%.
6) Global Radiation Level will be based off of the last 15 days rather than 30 days.
7) The techmod has been increased from 0.01% to 0.1%.
8) The Manhattan Project wonder cost has been increased from $2 million to $5 million.
9) The donation bonus amounts have been doubled.

That's all the changes for this round. Round 16 will begin sometime after midnight on 2/19/2011.
[/quote]

First, I'd like to say, that these changes will lead to an epic fun round :awesome:

Now, one question. Are we changing trades to whatever we want them to be? Or, when we change our resources, will we just be given a different set of random trades?

[quote name='adzzz' timestamp='1297979039' post='2636938']
i got excited when i saw the $5 mil i was like "hell yeah i can get nukes" then got a little bit less excited when i saw the MP cost increasement...
[/quote]

Thats a good thing though, having too many nukes would be like having a nuclear planet....all of our nations would be dead and affected by nukes just within 1 hour of having a disagreement with one another....I even think that the admin should place a waiting period on nukes so people won't start nuking within 1 week of the daym game.... I mean me personally, i'd just save the nukes as a defense against other nukes....Which like i said ends up going back to ALL NATIONS nearly being in anarchy.

[quote name='King Ernie' timestamp='1297981874' post='2636977']
First, I'd like to say, that these changes will lead to an epic fun round :awesome:

Now, one question. Are we changing trades to whatever we want them to be? Or, when we change our resources, will we just be given a different set of random trades?
[/quote]

Good question, i'm assuming that we'll be given a random set of resources. If you think about it, the majority of us would want to pick URANIUM as a resource (maybe not) but its just an example. Do you know how much harder it would be to find a trade circle if you were to do something like that? I think the random resource re-rolling is good enough. but too much of it would be dumb because then you would constantly have to find a trade circle. The only people this function would help are people who have sh*ty resources to begin with and cant find a single trade circle.