Top 25 Disbanded Alliances/Old Coots' Weekly Letters

Kevanovia

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1297838873' post='2635398']
I did leave a certain level of bias out of it. I hate GOONS and other UJW alliances with a passion, and yet they are high on the list. I gave NoR an honorable mention after completing my list for the reason that you stated. (I already have my reasons for picking each alliance in each spot. Originally I was gonna leave NoR off the list completely due to my personal dislike for them, but at least decided to add them to the list (honorable mention) after I had all of my reasoning sorted out. (I realized my mistake after I figured out what my list was) NoR's crime was not as bad as /b/'s, but that's the reason why they are off the list. Right or wrong.)
[/quote]
lol@crime

Do what you gotta do there big guy.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1297825802' post='2635098']
#7 really? NpO - NAAC rivalry is the greatest this game has ever seen. Definitely should be in the top 3.

Top 5 should have at least these 4 in it: NAAC, LUE, GOONS, VOX. VOX probably should be #1 because they perhaps are the most influential alliance in shaping the history of this game.
[/quote]

Seriously? I'm not an NPO lover but they certainly have been more influential than Vox. In terms of disbanded alliances I would put LUE and NAAC before Vox as well. Because LUE led to the alliances that faced NPO and NAAC led to a strong NpO for one.

I mean, NAAC WAS the blue sphere. Fighting the red sphere. Blue vs Red people!

Edited by DogeWilliam

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1297806824' post='2634685']
[center][IMG]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii230/gswitzerland/Flags/250px-Cominternsmallpe8.png[/IMG]
[color="#FFC0CB"]International Communist Party(ICP)[/color][/center][/quote]
Oh ICP, how I miss thee! B-)

Edited by Cataduanes

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1297831205' post='2635205']
Vox at #2? I disagree.

Vox didn't have any actual military power, as we all know. Their focus was on bringing change via espionage. In this, they were far, far, [b][i]far[/i][/b] less successful than they like to think and claim that they were. They were a nuisance, at most. They were by absolutely no means any sort of world changer.
[/quote]
You repeat this same tripe every time Vox comes up and every time it convinces nobody but yourself. You are very much like Grub in this regard you know.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1297835125' post='2635281']
Yeah, its been said time and again, VE did not disband. When are people finally going to get it through their thick skulls. VE. DID. NOT. DISBAND.
[/quote]

I motion for VE to be removed from the list.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1297843281' post='2635473']
You repeat this same tripe every time Vox comes up and every time it convinces nobody but yourself. You are very much like Grub in this regard you know.
[/quote]

It's odd how that's being said by the person who [b]wasn't[/b] on the inside of Q (hint: you) to the one who [b]was[/b]. Doesn't that seem backwards to you? Who do you think is the one who might know better?

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1297847821' post='2635509']
It's odd how that's being said by the person who [b]wasn't[/b] on the inside of Q (hint: you) to the one who [b]was[/b]. Doesn't that seem backwards to you? Who do you think is the one who might know better?
[/quote]
We were on the inside.

I've still got screens of Moo literally calling an oath to tC due to Vox rumors in fact right here: [img]http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv41/MegaAros/4.jpg[/img]

I wish I had screens of all three of TOP's representatives also agreeing to that oath.

I just find it funny how you think a leak at the absolute top which first came to Vox is somehow a minor annoyance.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1297849025' post='2635514']
We were on the inside.

I've still got screens of Moo literally calling an oath to tC due to Vox rumors in fact right here: [img]http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv41/MegaAros/4.jpg[/img]

I wish I had screens of all three of TOP's representatives also agreeing to that oath.

I just find it funny how you think a leak at the absolute top which first came to Vox is somehow a minor annoyance.
[/quote]

Oh, it really was a minor annoyance. Do you think that was actually what drove wedges into Q? Really?

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1297849411' post='2635517']
Oh, it really was a minor annoyance. Do you think that was actually what drove wedges into Q? Really?
[/quote]
I would think so, when there are multiple posts at on the Q forums which have the word "Vox" in them. A minor annoyance is simply ignored. You went as far to have accused Foxfire of being the spy with no evidence whatsoever.

Just because you're too much of a hard ass to admit it doesn't mean that Vox was entirely irreverent. Do we like to think we were more important than we were? Oh yes, we do. To claim that Vox was nothing but a minor annoyance though is just being silly.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1297849832' post='2635519']
I would think so, when there are multiple posts at on the Q forums which have the word "Vox" in them. A minor annoyance is simply ignored. You went as far to have accused Foxfire of being the spy with no evidence whatsoever.

Just because you're too much of a hard ass to admit it doesn't mean that Vox was entirely irreverent. Do we like to think we were more important than we were? Oh yes, we do. To claim that Vox was nothing but a minor annoyance though is just being silly.
[/quote]

When compared to the major factors that led to the dissolution of Q, Vox's presence was as nothing.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1297850298' post='2635520']
When compared to the major factors that led to the dissolution of Q, Vox's presence was as nothing.
[/quote]
Then it would have been ignored. You would not have accused completely innocent people, or have caused threads to get 20 pages worth of posts weekly.

Nothing means nothing and just that. I would hardly say that your actions showed you thought of Vox as "nothing."

As for the major factors in Q's fall, I will agree they were a lot more important that us, but that obviously goes without saying.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1297831143' post='2635203']
Cool idea.

IAA is waaaaaaay too high on the list. Outside of them I think FnKa, The Order of Halsa and Browncoats don't even deserve to be in the top25. I don't know who the TOH even is and I've only heard of Browncoats because Schatt was in them.
[/quote]
And people say I'm irrelevant :smug: I think Browncoats gets a mention for destroying the Dark Confederate bloc.

Vox gave hope to a lot of people who thought it was over. And I really think the former Q members here are trying to minimize the influence they had. If you were truly not worried about them, you wouldn't have pursued them like you did.

Vox #1, LUE #2, NAAC #3 now that I have had time to sleep on it. GOONS is a close #4 though. I don't think people appreciate the skill level of the people who were in the original GOONS. I had the pleasure of getting to know a few of them.

Using your personal biases as a reason not to rank someone high is idiotic, sorry. I hated the original LUE, but I still see the amount of influence and effort they had, and would put them in the top 3.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1297839692' post='2635416']
Multicore was my mentor. :wub:
[/quote]

Was thinking of the good Mr. banned member.