Peace Bonanza part II: Peace harder

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1297741057' post='2633901']
Congrats guys on the white peace, which is more that can be said of other alliances. <_<
[/quote]

But didn't you know? If this was supposed to be a war to end political boredom, then white peace would be the only fitting type of peace. Oh right - this war isn't about that at all. It's about reps.

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1297778752' post='2634384']
But didn't you know? If this was supposed to be a war to end political boredom, then white peace would be the only fitting type of peace. Oh right - this war isn't about that at all. It's about reps.
[/quote]

I've read this three times and it still doesn't make sense to this specific situation. What do you mean exactly?

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1297779903' post='2634392']
I've read this three times and it still doesn't make sense to this specific situation. What do you mean exactly?
[/quote]

It means exactly what it says. If you're unable to read information and extract a meaning from it, then that's your problem, not mine. I'm certainly not going to go the extra mile for you because you're the child that they refused to leave behind.

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1297790270' post='2634497']
It means exactly what it says. If you're unable to read information and extract a meaning from it, then that's your problem, not mine. I'm certainly not going to go the extra mile for you because you're the child that they refused to leave behind.
[/quote]

Woh, someone got out of bed with the wrong foot. Your reply didn't even came close to the contents of this topic, so naturally I'm wondering what it relates to. If you don't want to expand on your answer, why the hell post something anyway? You claimed we started this war because we wanted reps. This surrender (and all the others before) lacks any amount of reps, so what you claim and what transpires do not match.

Try again?

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1297790270' post='2634497']
[/quote]
kriekfreak was right, though...your post didn't make any sense. How is this war about reps?

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1297790990' post='2634506']
Woh, someone got out of bed with the wrong foot. Your reply didn't even came close to the contents of this topic, so naturally I'm wondering what it relates to. If you don't want to expand on your answer, why the hell post something anyway? You claimed we started this war because we wanted reps. This surrender (and all the others before) lacks any amount of reps, so what you claim and what transpires do not match.

Try again?
[/quote]

Actually, contrary to popular belief, this war involves more than just FOK and pals. Maybe you guys are just so overwhelmed with joy as far as this victory goes that you've forgotten this. This war is nothing more than the largest-scale tech raid in the history of Bob. For you guys to declare white peace like you have - is inconsistent with the purpose behind this war. Naturally someone has to do it so that someone won't be as dirty when they climb out of the trenches.... however, if you guys plan on using this once instance as PR to improve the worldview of the logic behind FOK's support of this war, you are sadly mistaken.

At this point, it really doesn't matter if you guys offered white peace or not - you're still the aggressors.

Now, if you don't understand THAT, then I'm afraid that you just can't be helped.

[quote name='MikeTheFirst' timestamp='1297791092' post='2634508']
kriekfreak was right, though...your post didn't make any sense. How is this war about reps?
[/quote]

I personally been very pleased to see no reparations coming up anywhere in peace treaties save for one specific alliance demanding an amount that should be laughed off as not being serious (including Harry Potterseque villain impersonations...). Kudos where kudos are due people.

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1297791238' post='2634509']
Actually, contrary to popular belief, this war involves more than just FOK and pals. Maybe you guys are just so overwhelmed with joy as far as this victory goes that you've forgotten this. This war is nothing more than the largest-scale tech raid in the history of Bob. For you guys to declare white peace like you have - is inconsistent with the purpose behind this war. Naturally someone has to do it so that someone won't be as dirty when they climb out of the trenches.... however, if you guys plan on using this once instance as PR to improve the worldview of the logic behind FOK's support of this war, you are sadly mistaken.

At this point, it really doesn't matter if you guys offered white peace or not - you're still the aggressors.

Now, if you don't understand THAT, then I'm afraid that you just can't be helped.
[/quote]

Thanks for expanding on your answer. I'm afraid if you didn't, I would have countless sleepless nights. Now to the actual content of your post. I'm not sure what you are getting fed within the walls of Polaris but I'm calling it's either propaganda to try to rally your troops or you are getting stuff in your mind that is absurd. For iFOK (yes, there is a distinction between FOK and iFOK and if you don't believe that's your problem), this war was to help out VE that was being spied on by orders of your second in command. Now I'm not really feeling like rehashing this whole argument about who is right and all. But let's say you are right and we are the aggressors, why would you say this is about reps? Do you really think this war is profitable for our side? If you do, you are completely out of your mind and I can't take you serious any more.

We (iFOK) have never taken any reps in our existence and we don't plan on it. We don't do this for PR.

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1297791238' post='2634509']

[/quote]

I must agree with FOK and iFOK, what youre saying doesnt make any sense in this situation.
All peace so far dont have reps, they might go ask it from Polaris, but that is logical as they view Polaris as the reason this war has started.
At the moment there is just the DT issue, but that is totally unrelated to these alliances and is a stupid high amount of reps that shouldnt even be asked at all but you cant blame that on the alliances we were at war with.

[quote name='ProdigyNL' timestamp='1297796464' post='2634572']
I must agree with FOK and iFOK, what youre saying doesnt make any sense in this situation.
All peace so far dont have reps, they might go ask it from Polaris, but that is logical as they view Polaris as the reason this war has started.
At the moment there is just the DT issue, but that is totally unrelated to these alliances and is a stupid high amount of reps that shouldnt even be asked at all but you cant blame that on the alliances we were at war with.
[/quote]

FOK, iFOK... seriously guys. What's the difference? You wanted to be just like FOK and now you don't want to sit in the same boat with them anymore? What kind of sense does that make? Anyhow, onto the issue at hand... reps. I hear your side of the argument "well, there haven't been any [i]reps so far[/i]...". Let's take a sobering perspective on this. This is NpO and VE's war. This is NPO and MK's war. The rest of you are just here to help out with defending and tech raiding. Now, with this in mind, let's take a good gander at the NpO/VE front - we've been fighting each other longer than any of you. And we're still fighting while you guys are declaring peace right and left. Naturally we're going to expect to see white peace come out of you guys... and maybe some tulips in your uniform pockets too.

However, there's two main concerns about that which I have. One, it doesn't even matter, because this isn't really your war to begin with, and even if it was, you'd still be the aggressors. VE posted the DoW that started this war. Regardless of any circumstance, or whether or not the CB was legit, when you are the first to march to war, it makes you the military aggressor. The second concern that I have here, is the whole mentality behind why you guys even stepped foot on the battlefield in the first place. I thought that the whole idea behind this war (and your beliefs) were to bring an end to political boredom. Or something along the lines of "war for the hell of it, because it's much better than sitting in a peaceful world". If that's the case, then why are you guys even declaring peace anyway? Don't you want to stand up for what you believe in?

The war that actually matters, however, isn't over yet. I fully expect reps to be imposed. What does that have to do with you guys? You supported it, while declaring white peace. I find that to be a bit hypocritical, assuming that VE emerges victorious and decides to impose reps. You don't just get to post white peace, dust your hands off, and then step away behind the curtain like that. You're either in the war or you're out of the war. You either believe in what you're doing, or you do not. It's high-time that you guys make a decision and stick with it.

... and that's all I got to say about thay-at.

Edit: spelling

Edited by PotFace

Hey PotFace buddy, point them guns at VE would you please. iFOK and FOK have been fun and honourable opponents in this war and tbh most Polars have enjoyed fighting with them so PotFace isn't representing the Polar govt view here.

Really this topic isn't about us or any reps they may get talked about in the future, it's about tLW and I love the fact they are out and showered in glory :)

Edited by Dajobo

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1297803662' post='2634641']
Hey PotFace buddy, point them guns at VE would you please. iFOK and FOK have been fun and honourable opponents in this war and tbh most Polars have enjoyed fighting with them so PotFace isn't representing the Polar govt view here.

Really this topic isn't about us or any reps they may get talked about in the future, it's about tLW and I love the fact they are out and showered in glory :)
[/quote]

Sorry about that - war, for those who know and respect it, sometimes makes you trigger happy and blood thirsty. Guys, Dajobo is right - if you don't put me on a metal leash, I'll chew it off from time to time. I'm crazy like that. Congratulations on your white peace.

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1297803662' post='2634641']

[/quote]

Polar has been fortunate enough to be allied to one of the finest alliances on Planet Bob. tLW is as courageous in battle as they are good people, which is to say that they are very brave indeed. There are few if any that I hold in higher regard.

o/ tLW

[quote name='DarkEra97' timestamp='1297804764' post='2634660']
Good to know that's how you feel.
[/quote]

Yeah, don't mind me. I'm old-school. That's how things were back then, for the most part. Entire blocs would be willing to go to ZI with each other, there was no such thing as white peace, and viceroys from the victor were placed within the defeated's government. Things were pretty brutal back in those days, for sure.

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1297805681' post='2634674']
Yeah, don't mind me. I'm old-school. That's how things were back then, for the most part. Entire blocs would be willing to go to ZI with each other, there was no such thing as white peace, and viceroys from the victor were placed within the defeated's government. Things were pretty brutal back in those days, for sure.
[/quote]

You really ought to stop.

As someone who also dislikes it when allies leave wars it was clear that TLW left when they truly had nothing left to give. They weren't a THL, or even MCXA, hell let's throw in GATO; they stood in and took damage a lot longer than those alliances did and were much smaller as well. TIO and co. left long before TLW did which distinguishes them in my eyes at least. They put it all on the line, no they didn't go to ZI but they sure as hell went a lot longer than larger alliances this side that went to bat for your (imo) pathetic alliance.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1297791393' post='2634510']
I personally been very pleased to see no reparations coming up anywhere in peace treaties save for one specific alliance demanding an amount that should be laughed off as not being serious (including Harry Potterseque villain impersonations...). Kudos where kudos are due people.
[/quote]
what you did there, i see it and i laughed very hard

[quote]no they didn't go to ZI[/quote]
Whats 4 infra between friends..i'd call that ZI

tLW has gone to hell and back for us. They fought admirably, with a LOT of heart. They gave this fight everything they had. They have my utmost respect, and i thank them for everything they gave. I am happy they were able to achieve peace and begin there rebuilding.

o/tLW you guys are ferocious warriors!