A Dark Templar Announcement

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1297647394' post='2631793']
That said, the quoted part isn't quite true. NPO nations in the 1k+ tech reps group each paid out thousands of tech, usually somewhere between 4,500 and 5,500.
[/quote]
We were not aware of that - sorry. We don't mean to minimize the amount of reps those people paid.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1297646856' post='2631774']
I'm still staggered by the proposed reps. That anyone thinks these are appropriate is beyond me.
[/quote]

I don't think that anyone on either side thinks that they're appropriate, including those who made up the terms. It seems to be the entire point that they simply don't care if they're appropriate or not, even if they lose the respect of their membership.

[quote][20:00] <Goose|warmonger|> Because you entered on a front where we had already offered white peace to LoSS. Your entry was unwarrented and unnecessary.
[20:01] <Myworld[dt]> Well there was no peace accepted
[20:01] <Myworld[dt]> And wasn't going to be accepted[/quote]

Hmm. Two things.

It does seem like !@#$%* move to attack via an ODP when there were peace talks between CSN/Legacy/et al and LoSS. They were offered white peace apparently, and still LoSS thought it would be a smart thing to ask allies to come and help them? I wonder what their motive was.

On the other hand, 40k seems a bit excessive to ask from DT. LoSS would be more of a candidate I think, as they apparently withheld crucial information from DT.
So I'm not sure yet who I think is more in the wrong here, LoSS, DT or CSN. Possibly all of you. :P

Good luck sorting it out.

[quote name='James IV' timestamp='1297646827' post='2631773']
I wonder if this will be like the old days where DT gets more reps for making this thread.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Welcome to the brave new world. Was it everything you had hoped for?

And to the doubters, who thought Karma deserved a chance. What say you now? I told you then and there that they were scum who would easily toss away the supposed "values" they fought for at the first signs of real power. You'd think that after all the times I've been proven correct my words would carry a bit more weight. I've yet to be made wrong about the people in power.[/color]

Wow usually I'm not one to complain about this, but man, learn what a [i]summar[/i]y is for.

Secondly, reading that left me with only one impression, DT are incompetent at several things. Reading comprehension, FA, and Negotiation.

One thing you've got lots of is arrogance. Asking for an apology after you guys came in on the optional? What did you think you are entitled to free beats and walking away as you please?

I'm with Liz.
[quote]
[23:03] <Liz> @##$% off.
[23:03] <Liz> That's really it.
[23:03] <Liz> @##$%. Off.
[23:03] <Liz> We're going to burn you into the ground now.
[23:03] <Liz> Have a happy day! <3
[23:04] <Liz> Go !@#$%* on the OWF about that now.[/quote]

I see you took her advice too.

Edited by TypoNinja

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1297647759' post='2631801']
Wow usually I'm not one to complain about this, but man, learn what a [i]summar[/i]y is for.

Secondly, reading that left me with only one impression, DT are incompetent at several things. Reading comprehension, FA, and Negotiation.

One thing you've got lots of is arrogance. Asking for an apology after you guys came in on the optional? What did you think you are entitled to free beats and walking away as you please?

I'm with Liz.

[/quote]

Taking FA advice from Liz is like taking rehab advice from Courtney Love.

I'm with Liz.

[/quote]

I love the nit-picking that you do. If they didn't summarize you would try to spin. Since you can't spin and all things are visible, you decide to nit-pick. I can do it too, see:

[quote][23:13] <GeneralOzujsko[DT]> Goose, if your MOFA can't handle talks, find one that can.[/quote]

And so Goose brought in Xiph. :smug:

I'm with Liz.

[/quote]

You must have forgot about the part where CSN came in on a optional treaty with Legacy, so don't play the optional card.

CSN, drop the reps, apologize for your actions, and then put this behind you. People will respect you for admitting you made a mistake. However, tehy won't respect you if you continue on your current course.

That being said I will have to read the OP tomorrow when I have more time :P

Edited by supercoolyellow

I'm with Liz.

[/quote]

So as a minister of VE, are you saying VE's stance is that the 40k reps from only 2000+ tech nations is appropriate?

[/quote]
What? They continuously went to CSN and said they would only accept white peace. CSN, even though they apparently fought for the unjustice of the Hegemony in Karma, said they would only accept peace if they got 40,000 tech. Why the hell should DT pay 40,000 tech?

[quote]On February the 5th, DT and LoSS approached these alliances for what we presumed would be white peace and reasonable end to a peripheral conflict in what is a much larger war.[/quote]

Well, you did approach us on the 5th. That's about the only thing in here you have correct. You came to us separately to get peace without LoSS. This is my favorite part of the logs:

[17:28] <@TiTaN[DT]> We, at DT, feel like this war has gone on for too long. While we at DT are coordinated, LoSS has 0 coordination. We are looking to get peace

Know what the real kicker for me is? LoSS/Hydra peaced out the next day. If you were the alliance you said you were (who defends allies to death), you could have waited one more day and this would have been over a week ago. If you had better communication, I'm sure you would have known that peace was close on that front, and if not then stay in with your allies anyway! Don't go spewing this garbage about how close you are.

And just an FYI about our membership: They support everything Liz said to you in those talks. Anything that was leaked was a select few posts. Trust me, a lot of this crap you do on the OWF and peace talks is quickly changing anyone's mind.

See you when you decide to surrender.

[color="#0000FF"]So, VE, CSN, GOD and friends now have some sort of something against optional treaties now? For anyone who cares to do so, go through the records. I'm sure you'll find some cases of they or their closer friends acting on optional treaties in the past. You may even, dare I say it, find cases of them proclaiming optional treaties to be valid.

Their opinions and their rules change with the wind. Anything they say might as well be put down on water. They will believe what suits them when it suits them, and when it is no longer the case they'll hope that we all soon forget the things they once said.[/color]

Throughout this entire war, DT has engaged in the absolute worst 'negotiations' I've ever seen. Rather than make a good-faith effort to come to a peace agreement, they give counter offers like "give us white peace and apologize to us". DT is a joke and will continue to be treated as such by the forces fighting them. Grow up.

[quote name='Tromp' timestamp='1297647738' post='2631799']
Hmm. Two things.

It does seem like !@#$%* move to attack via an ODP when there were peace talks between CSN/Legacy/et al and LoSS. They were offered white peace apparently, and still LoSS thought it would be a smart thing to ask allies to come and help them? I wonder what their motive was.
[/quote]
As was mentioned in the OP, LoSS had no intention of accepting peace and had made that quite clear. The alliance that they had come in to defend, TIO, was still engaged, and they had no intention of leaving until TIO was out. CSN was quite aware of this.

[/quote]
Well - er. How exactly are we incompetent at reading comprehension? FA? Negotiation?

I see that you're part of the party-line neanderthals who seem to think that honoring an optional defense pact warrants crushing extortionist reparations. I see no need to even dispute that with you, as I am sure you would be unable to comprehend that an [i]optional[/i] defense pact means that you may [i]opt[/i] to defend someone.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1297648132' post='2631817']
Well, you did approach us on the 5th. That's about the only thing in here you have correct.
See you when you decide to surrender.
[/quote]
Are you alleging that these logs are fabricated? If so, dazzle us. Show us the "correct" facts.

Edited by MaGneT

Knowing Xiph, I'm not surprised at all by the terms. As a low rent Electron Sponge, he's gotten by with this act for far too long.

I am also very disappointed that CSN would allow him to conduct any negotiations on their behalf.

DT...I will give you this suggestion: make them pay for every yard, every foot, every inch of ground. Don't give up until you get a just peace.

[quote name='blueski' timestamp='1297648049' post='2631814']
You can post long-ass OPs until you're blue in the face, but its not the OWF rabble you need to convince. You're wasting your time.
[/quote]

Pixels isn't the only way to burn an alliance. Planet Bob has seen a few alliances take a lot of damage due to PR. Gramlins and \m/ come to the top of my mind first, but there are likely a few others.

I LOVE POSTS ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Hail CSN for asking for reps
Hail DT for denying
Hail Legacy for being awesome and quiet.
Hail Xiph for having a X in his name
Hail myworld for not having a capital M
Hail TiTaN for having too many capitals
Hail Sarm for making this post