Assorted Announcements from the SOS Bridage

Locke

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1297420757' post='2629222']
Both are true. Our articles were optional by virtue of the non-chaining clauses. Of these, we either attempted to go in only to be thwarted by either someone else going in first (Exodus), no counter materialising (UBD), our assistance not being requested (GATO, MCXA) or being specifically told to stay out (SLCB).
[/quote]

No these are pretty much mutual exclusive. You either wanted in but didn't get the chance, or you didn't want in.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1297420968' post='2629225']No these are pretty much mutual exclusive. You either wanted in but didn't get the chance, or you didn't want in.[/quote]
On the occasions where we wanted in (all of which were optional, again no mutual articles were invoked with us), we did not get the chance (for the previously mentioned reasons).

I never implied that we didn't [b]want[/b] in.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1297421071' post='2629229']I'm just looking for an angle to bash you, naturally.[/quote]
Par for the course, but you're barking up the wrong tree as usual.

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1297421145' post='2629230']
On the occasions where we wanted in (all of which were optional, again no mutual articles were invoked with us), we did not get the chance (for the previously mentioned reasons).

I never implied that we didn't [b]want[/b] in.
[/quote]

Ok fair enough. You did give the impression though.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1297421071' post='2629229']
I'm just looking for an angle to bash you, naturally.
[/quote]
Don't make me try to dig up the quote where you said that you wished everyone in Invicta government was like me.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1297421389' post='2629233']
SoSB
[/quote]
I...wow, I have literally never seen this abbreviation before. SoS (we're not [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Sultans_of_Swing"]Sultans of Swing[/url]) before, SOSB before, but never have I seen that one. The official abbreviation, SOS団, is right there on the left of every post I make and easily copied into posts, and if you really must, SOS. But never will SoS or any variant thereof ever be right. :facepalm:

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1297412465' post='2629169']
An experience in which you maintained relations with both alliances, thus proving it can be done.
[/quote]

It can be done with a lot of work, with a lot of blood on all sides, and by always knowing which is your side and which are your friends. In other words, you have to prioritize.

For the time being, MDoAP>ODOAP, so the priorities seem to me to be quite clear.

[quote name='Trikoupis' timestamp='1297425135' post='2629251']For the time being, MDoAP>ODOAP, so the priorities seem to me to be quite clear.[/quote]
Absolutely. We are fully aware of that. To us, our MDoAPs are more important than our ODOAPs and [b]should the situation arise[/b] that we would have to make a choice between the two, the choice would of course be obvious. B-)

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1297399803' post='2628920']
This is just embarrassing, why would anybody treaty invicta?
[/quote]

Maybe because we offered them more support in their recent situation then certain others did and we weren't even tied to them then.

Glad to see this go up.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1297437584' post='2629359']
How did I know you would say this? I seriously should have put money on it.
[/quote]

That would be like betting on whether or not the sun rises in the morning. It's been implied by the vast majority of people that aren't allied to you (and some that are), I just have no problem saying it outright.

I mean, Haflinger and the weaboos all at once? Priceless. Once you add in the neighborhood tattletale alliance and it's just gold.

GOLD, JERRY!

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1297437960' post='2629363']That would be like betting on whether or not the sun rises in the morning. It's been implied by the vast majority of people that aren't allied to you (and some that are), I just have no problem saying it outright.

I mean, Haflinger and the weaboos all at once? Priceless. Once you add in the neighborhood tattletale alliance and it's just gold.

GOLD, JERRY![/quote]
Who are you again? :huh:

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1297437960' post='2629363']
That would be like betting on whether or not the sun rises in the morning.
[/quote]
Which is why I should have bet on it, I would have made money; I could set my watch to your hate.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1297439903' post='2629386']
Who are you again? :huh:
[/quote]

I started an alliance that was invited to join Citadel, the most elite bloc to have existed on Planet Bob. An alliance that isn't almost universally despised.
One not allied to (almost exclusively, INT and RIA are fair) other equally terrible alliances.

Hurr durr I'm irrelevant hurr durr.
:smug:

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1297440407' post='2629392']
One not allied to (almost exclusively, INT and RIA are fair) other equally terrible alliances.
[/quote]
Before today, we were only allied to one alliance that you apparently don't care for. So you can't say that's in any way a basis for hatred that predates, well, today.

And yes, you are irrelevant, not because of your position on the global stage, but simply because you aren't us and you aren't our allies. Those are the only two groups of people we need to care about making happy. Rant all you like, but it really has no place here and serves no purpose other than to inflate my ego.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1297440407' post='2629392']
I started an alliance that was invited to join Citadel, the most elite bloc to have existed on Planet Bob. An alliance that isn't almost universally despised.

Hurr durr I'm irrelevant hurr durr.
:smug:
[/quote]
Actually, I was being honest. I have no idea who you are. I've heard of your alliance, but not you. :mellow: