Will your opinion of Pacifica or Polaris change after this war?

Kalasin

[color="#0000FF"]My opinion never changed for Polaris. I liked them under Sponge, and I did not mind Grub at all until his idiotic actions in BiPolar. After that Polaris improved in my eyes. Random is a great emperor. His only mistake, if it can even be called that (I wouldn't) is not sucking up to the power structure or trying to get into their knitting club. That's what Sponge did to earn Q's wrath. He didn't want any part in their nonsense. That's part of the reason Polaris always has had more appeal to me than most alliances.

As for NPO, my vendetta against them ended with Karma. I'm more concerned with the present than with the past, but as with before, that is just me.

Also, why exactly should feelings towards an alliance change because of a war?[/color]

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1297213987' post='2626299']
They remain and will most likely continue to remain, arrogant and untrustworthy groups.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Hello there Pot, or would you be Kettle? Yes, I know it is a so cliche, but it is also oh so true.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1297213890' post='2626293']
SO all that vitriol you vented towards ODN for so long was the product of objective and emotionless thought? is that what your saying?
[/quote]

Exactly, my dislike for ODN is based in ODN actions and behaviors though the time toward the alliances that I was part of, so I have plenty rational and factual reasons to critic/dislike ODN without resort to foolish emotions.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1297214092' post='2626303']
tbqh the opinions of most people on these boards don't matter really. I'm quite aware that some people simply won't give a damn about what I think, but in my opinion the views I expressed in the OP are views that anyone could hold, and thus to simply dismiss what I've said on the grounds that I'm irrelevant is rather short-sighted.
[/quote]

Nobody cares what you think. Everyone who has interacted with you knows that you are an attention-monger of the highest order.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1297213987' post='2626299']
Funny cause at the time I remember you resigning in protest over NPO's treatment in Karma.
[/quote]

I explained already my reasons for doing so. Regardless I was a different person back then, and these days I'm no moralist.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1297214058' post='2626302']
Because clearly Polaris was in the Hegemony and MCXA wasn't in August 2008.
[/quote]

I was increasingly coming to the conclusion that MCXA was one of the bad guys in late 2008. Then when TSO left I saw an opportunity to get the rest of MCXA away from NPO and reform ourselves (the rest of MCXA, by and large, were not pro-NPO.)

OOC: Lawl. To think I actually tried to roleplay on my rerolls. I even used OOC tags to refer to stuff I'd done on previous characters at first. I've mostly given up now.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1297214321' post='2626309']
Exactly, my dislike for ODN is based in ODN actions and behaviors though the time toward the alliances that I was part of, so I have plenty rational and factual reasons to critic/dislike ODN without resort to foolish emotions.
[/quote]
Fair enough, personally I thought your dislike border on irrational (& emotional) at times but hey you know yourself better than I would.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1297214400' post='2626314']
Nobody cares what you think. Everyone who has interacted with you knows that you are an attention-monger of the highest order.
[/quote]

Sorry but I haven't done anything that could be construed as attention-seeking in the last year and a half.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1297209540' post='2626165']
While I originally just wanted NPO to die, I think that a) it's kind of dickish to demand reps (or at least, massive reps, I'm sure I would live with myself if they paid some smaller amount) for an aggressive war and b) it would be best for the political situation if they got white peace, or something close to it. The Orders make good opponents after all.
[/quote]

Has my opinion of NPO changed much? No

But (and this is the important part)

I am 959 days old and I have NO PERSONAL GRUDGES against NPO.

IF I hold anything against NPO - it's a direct result of the experience of friends. That can make a difference, but at some point a true friend says to a friend holding a grudge, "yeah, that was bad. I'm glad justice prevailed! Now, can we please move on????"

A better question is "Will your opinion of NPO's enemies change after this war?"

As hard as it is for some people to believe, there are actually many, many new leaders who have joined our world since NPO and company has actually done anything to anyone. Look at it from the perspective of someone who joined our world and was recruited into NPO, (something NPO is very good aT) - oh lets just say in the past 300 days to be conservative.

They join a well organized and large group. The greatest alliance in the world (obviously, we're all in love with the first alliance we join, at least for a short time) and then - for NO reason at all (literally - remember, it's not *this* nations fault NPO was mean in the past) some evil group called DOOMHOUSE and friends attacks!

Regardless of whether or not the leaders of NPO are good or bad, they are politically intelligent. The politically intelligent thing to do in this situation for NPO is to milk it internally for all it's worth! And, as anyone who has been in a war knows, there is nothing more effective for uniting a group of people than joining together to fight off an attacker.

DOOMHOUSE, there is no doubt in my mind that you've done more to raise the loyalty the members of NPO feel to the organization and also keep the hate flames burning than anything one single emperor could manage. Might be a good plan to not make it worse through peace demands.

Yes, my view of NPO's enemies has changed. Either they are NOT as politically smart as I once imagined or continuing this circle of revenge is exactly what they want. Either way, NOT what I want to support.

Edited by White Chocolate

I think all you babies should stop bringing your psychological problems to your foreign policies and war rooms and go to the doctor with them where they belong. "NPO never said they're sorry after they paid us tech for a year, just like the way my mom never said sorry for terrorizing me with the flowbee in 2nd grade, and that's why I'm so angry :whimper:"

What a bunch of emo simps. I slapped NPO's butt every day for 9 months, then I got over it. If a year's worth of subjugating NPO didn't get your inner child's need for validation through apology, there ain't nothing NPO can do for ya, son.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1297214592' post='2626319']
Sorry but I haven't done anything that could be construed as attention-seeking in the last year and a half.
[/quote]

Just keep telling yourself that. You came back under alias, but your desperate need for attention led you to expose your old identity anyway. I doubt it surprised anyone.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1297214819' post='2626328']
Just keep telling yourself that. You came back under alias, but your desperate need for attention led you to expose your old identity anyway. I doubt it surprised anyone.
[/quote]

Lawl. I wanted to keep my identity a secret, seriously. I just sucked at rerolling. TSO and MCXA started harassing me, chasing me around and trying to expose my identity. Of course, I denied everything, but eventually my ex-boyfriend told Athens because of issues in our relationship and I decided to make a private thread on the ODN boards to explain everything.

[quote name='Electron Sponge' timestamp='1297214835' post='2626329']
...and still are. C'mon none of us are dead.

Also hello Fran
[/quote]

You're inactive though ;_;

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1297214471' post='2626315']
I explained already my reasons for doing so. Regardless I was a different person back then, and these days I'm no moralist.
[/quote]

You got a different ghost writer to write your speeches for you in an attempt to look more relevant/intelligent?

[color="#FF0000"]Nope. The overall breakdown of NpO/NPO is going to remain the same after the war.
As far as Polaris, I've never hated Polaris, just a lot of the people in it.

Also, Dajobo would make a better Emperor than Random. He might sanction spying, but he is straightforeward and friendly[/color].

To answer your question no. I'll still hate Pacifica post war because quite honestly they're too smug and uppity. That being said, I currently think there are greater threats to IAA than NPO. So I don't plan on targeting them or anything.

As for what you say about Polar, I too was ready to roll out when they were threatening Athens. I still don't think a few FA blunders should have had them targeted the way they were. (once again though that's debatable.)

As for what you're talking about with GATO and FAN. I know for a fact NPO apologized to GATO. (could have been hollow I really don't know). I'm not sure about FAN though.

However, I think what NPO needs to do (and they've gotten better at this) is to stop trying to poke their nose anywhere and everywhere. NPO didn't do anything to me pre-Karma (I still had friends harmed by them though). However, their smugness and their government's constant whining about GATO's foreign policy just intensified my hate for them. If they'd just chill out and try to actually make friends I think the entire world would be willing to open up to them.

My opinion of Polar has been very, very low since BiPolar. I guess I'll cut them a break after this one, but I doubt I'll ever trust them or like them.

My opinion of NPO will remain as it has been for a while: indifferent. I mean, they haven't done anything (positive or negative) in years. They've just sat there. I think they're in the right in this war, but not by any actions of their own.

-Bama

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1297214727' post='2626323']
I think all you babies should stop bringing your psychological problems to your foreign policies and war rooms and go to the doctor with them where they belong. "NPO never said they're sorry after they paid us tech for a year, just like the way my mom never said sorry for terrorizing me with the flowbee in 2nd grade, and that's why I'm so angry :whimper:"

What a bunch of emo simps. I slapped NPO's butt every day for 9 months, then I got over it. If a year's worth of subjugating NPO didn't get your inner child's need for validation through apology, there ain't nothing NPO can do for ya, son.
[/quote]
Honoring their karma surrender agreement did nothing to address the underlying hatred many alliances held for NPO. If NPO wanted to eck out a new image for themselves they needed to address the sins of their past. NPO did not. For better or worse. Their FAilure (get it, FA failure?) is complete. To say that the only way to address the outstanding issues was by degrading themselves is ridiculous, that is not how proper diplomacy works. It is not MK or FAN's responsibility to "get over it", NPO had to provide a reason for them to get over it. They did not.

I agree with a lot of other and I'd like to say that I honestly don't want any alliance to get disbanded. Like GOONS for example just annoy the heck out of me, but I'm not going to lie, they're hilarious a lot of the time. [ooc]The game just wouldn't be the same without them.[/ooc] And I actually enjoy arguing with a troll every once and a while, it's FUN. I think without a lot of these alliances you either love or hate, the Cyberverse wouldn't be the same.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1297217614' post='2626412']
Nah. Despite NPO ~paying their dues~ to us in this war officially they'll still be the same alliance without any sort of change. There is nothing to like in that alliance.
[/quote]

I completely get what you mean, and I don't think the war will change the fact that NPO are dicks, but at the same time I'm not going to actively be hoping that they get rolled in the future.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1297217614' post='2626412']
NpO is terrible no matter what happens and this won't change ever.
[/quote]

perhaps. Them being terrible and me disliking them and wanting them to get rolled are two different things. I think Invicta are a !@#$ alliance, for example, but they aren't dicks and I wouldn't bother hating them.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1297214471' post='2626315']
I was increasingly coming to the conclusion that MCXA was one of the bad guys in late 2008. Then when TSO left I saw an opportunity to get the rest of MCXA away from NPO and reform ourselves (the rest of MCXA, by and large, were not pro-NPO.)

OOC: Lawl. To think I actually tried to roleplay on my rerolls. I even used OOC tags to refer to stuff I'd done on previous characters at first. I've mostly given up now.
[/quote]

I remember those debates, you and NC were really angry about our treaty with NPO. I guess in the end it didn't matter.

[OOC]The secret is to re-roll as the same character after a really long break, you get the freedom to join a new alliance but can still maintain your history[/OOC]