Exit Stage Left

Delta1212

As someone who fought Exodus's top tier, I'd say that they ended the war at the right time. They were nuke turtling for an entire day by the time the war ended. The cause for them was unquestionably hopeless at that point. To stay much longer would have been foolishness, and the suggestion by any of their allies that Exodus should have stayed in the war at that point is selfish at best and treacherous at worst.

I enjoyed the conversation with allison, and my colleagues scared Decomp into turtling, and I was mad about that. :awesome:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Great Lord Moth' timestamp='1297132310' post='2624976']
As someone who fought Exodus's top tier, I'd say that they ended the war at the right time. They were nuke turtling for an entire day by the time the war ended. The cause for them was unquestionably hopeless at that point. To stay much longer would have been foolishness, and the suggestion by any of their allies that Exodus should have stayed in the war at that point is selfish at best and treacherous at worst.

I enjoyed the conversation with allison, and my colleagues scared Decomp into turtling, and I was mad about that. :awesome:
[/quote]

Heck yes we were. Nothing left to do when you get hit by 3 nations with similar tech and a hell of a lot more infra well except take it up the you know what. :ph34r:

[quote name='Viking' timestamp='1297131617' post='2624949']
Five pages in and they are still quoting you, Xiph.

You're good.
[/quote]

Some of us have a life and can't get on right away to reply to a post. Sorry. But we still want to take our chance to make fun of Xiph's stupid comments. It's fun for us.

[/quote]

Who asked them to stay? Valhalla? I know we sure as hell didn't. If I was a 37 man alliance and went up against a combined 800 enemy nations I would be looking to run away as fast I could. I was surprised that Exodus stayed as long as they did. I sure as hell wouldn't.

Also, I remember a lot of alliances that gained fame for turtling and doing a good bit of damage to their opponents.

[quote name='Viking' timestamp='1297131617' post='2624949']
Five pages in and they are still quoting you, Xiph.

You're good.
[/quote]

I forget how many pages people quoted Silverhawk for, was quite a few more than 5 if I remember rightly though. Being quoted a lot doesn't add validity to the !@#$ you spew.

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1297170292' post='2625616']
I forget how many pages people quoted Silverhawk for, was quite a few more than 5 if I remember rightly though. Being quoted a lot doesn't add validity to the !@#$ you spew.
[/quote]

You know it's bad when I'm agreeing with Poyples...

[/quote]

Scared me into turtling? Not really scared - I just figured that that was the only reasonable strategy when up against six nations of similar strength.
Nice fighting you guys though - part of me regrets that I only came out of peace mode so late in the game. Alisonville is still taunting me about her casualty count.
<_<

[quote name='Cooldude247' timestamp='1297140014' post='2625210']
Congrats on peace Exodus!

Shout out to iMatt! We had a blast in our 1 and 1/2 rounds of war! He's definitely a great member and pretty good fighter too :)

o/ RIA
o/ Sparta
o/ Exodus
[/quote]
Just you wait until I get my WRC :P My timeline has been set back but I'll get it soon enough! Good fight, Sparta. I suppose RIA too, though I didn't feel the heat from them myself.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1297147241' post='2625419']
Who asked them to stay? Valhalla? I know we sure as hell didn't. If I was a 37 man alliance and went up against a combined 800 enemy nations I would be looking to run away as fast I could. I was surprised that Exodus stayed as long as they did. I sure as hell wouldn't.

Also, I remember a lot of alliances that gained fame for turtling and doing a good bit of damage to their opponents.
[/quote]
Dude we stood there because we enter on behalf of a ally...Allies is something Exodus cherishes no matter the size or wits of a alliance...It goes to show you that a little alliance with big hearts can do lots of damage...

o/ Exodus
o/ IAA

Edited by mylife125

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1297060555' post='2623671']
Glad to see Exodus was smart. How are you tonight my darling little failures? Who's a cute failure? You're a cute failure! Yes you are! ^_^
[/quote]
Xiphosis reminisces about he and Hoo's private convos.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='mylife125' timestamp='1297186671' post='2625830']
Dude we stood there because we enter on behalf of a ally...Allies is something Exodus cherishes no matter the size or wits of a alliance...It goes to show you that a little alliance with big hearts can do lots of damage...

o/ Exodus
o/ IAA
[/quote]

Yea you guys were completely awesome. I was just referring to what the RIA guy was saying that we asked you guys to stay in. :P

IAA loves you guys and quite honestly I don't plan on ever leaving Exodus's side.