DRAGON, Athens, FOK and PC Announcement

CheeKy

[quote name='abdur' timestamp='1297024159' post='2622556']
How so?
We came in on an OD clause, we played our part, and peaced out.
We do not have any allies planning on joining the NPO-Doomhouse front anyway, so that doesn't effect us in any way.
[/quote]
As far as I am concerned, when you enter a war in defense of an ally, your part in the war ends when your allies does. I'm sure your allies appreciated what you did while you are at war, but now that all those Athens, FOK, and PC slots are open, all you've done is dealt a bit of damage. In a war where the side your allies is on is significantly outnumbered, I'm sure your allies appreciate having a few more of their defensive slots filled by the nations you used to be fighting.

[quote name='Batallion' timestamp='1297025339' post='2622587']
In all fairness, you guys should have called in Amazon Nation and ROCK to help you out, it'd be some much needed firepower.
[/quote]
What? I fail to see how the fact that we asked our allies not to help us has anything to do with DRAGON peacing out.

However, if our allies did enter the war in our support, I wouldn't expect them to peace out until we did.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1297027079' post='2622634']
I fail to see how the fact that we asked our allies not to help us has anything to do with DRAGON peacing out.
[/quote]
So which is it? You want the help of DRAGON to [s]be your meatshields[/s] draw away fire, or you don't want your allies to help?

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1297027613' post='2622646']
So which is it? You want the help of DRAGON to [s]be your meatshields[/s] draw away fire, or you don't want your allies to help?
[/quote]
We have no treaty with DRAGON. What I said was: If you're coming into the war, you better be in it for the long haul. If you're not, fine. But don't just come in for the sake of "honoring a treaty" and then leave early to watch your allies burn.

How are two completely different wars connected? with VE at least they tried to have a justifiable CB (that's debatable in other topics). In the Doomhouse - NPO war there was no CB no wrong to be righted just simply we don't like you so we are attacking. This last point has been made clear so why now are they being tied together?

[quote name='Thom98' timestamp='1297030656' post='2622717']
How are two completely different wars connected? with VE at least they tried to have a justifiable CB (that's debatable in other topics). In the Doomhouse - NPO war there was no CB no wrong to be righted just simply we don't like you so we are attacking. This last point has been made clear so why now are they being tied together?
[/quote]

We don't share your opinion.

[/quote]
Athens is in CnG, who is currently engaged in the DH/NPO front. It would be a little silly to peace out on one front, and allowing hostilities to resume on another front.

Honestly, I don't get the repeating whinging on the no-reentry peace terms including DH/NPO. There are enough alliances involved in both front fronts. The connection is there, just because you do not want to see it does not make it disappear.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1297031489' post='2622752']
You know something? im not going to hate on people for leaving (ok, ill hate on THL...) but i want to point out that UPN is still at war......and you guys arent

good luck rebuilding
[/quote]

Maybe I'm missing something, but DRAGON entered for tLW, so what do UPN have to do with it?

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1297027755' post='2622650']
We have no treaty with DRAGON. What I said was: If you're coming into the war, you better be in it for the long haul. If you're not, fine. But don't just come in for the sake of "honoring a treaty" and then leave early to watch your allies burn.
[/quote]
Coming into this thread was made so worth it by how upset you are getting.

Well done DRAGON for cutting PC a little slack, I knew you couldn't hold out anyway :)

How are two completely different wars connected? with VE at least they tried to have a justifiable CB (that's debatable in other topics). In the Doomhouse - NPO war there was no CB no wrong to be righted just simply we don't like you so we are attacking. This last point has been made clear so [b]why now are they being tied together?[/b]
[/quote]

If they didn't like the term they could have refused to surrender.

[quote name='Vladisvok Destino' timestamp='1297033056' post='2622801']
Maybe I'm missing something, but DRAGON entered for tLW, so what do UPN have to do with it?
[/quote]
He was talking about how the UPN splinter didn't last as long as UPN, the alliance frequently reviled for being a joke militarily.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1297038958' post='2622917']
He was talking about how the UPN splinter didn't last as long as UPN, the alliance frequently reviled for being a joke militarily.
[/quote]

The sheer fact that they have enough nations so send out war aid as opposed to our 30 (Think it's still 30 anyway, we had 2 delete mid war >.> ) Kinda helps them keep going.

Congratulations DRAGON on obtaining peace, and a good one at that. Thanks for the help. Good luck rebuilding.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1297031489' post='2622752']
You know something? im not going to hate on people for leaving (ok, ill hate on THL...) but i want to point out that UPN is still at war......and you guys arent
[/quote]

Well, think of it this way: Do you imagine that any of the alliances at war with UPN are even considering offering them peace? I would presume not, but what do I know?