Preemptive Warfare

alyster

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1297164780' post='2625567']
It was pretty obvious he did it on purpose... It's still a funny thing to laugh at, and if circumstances were different, would've handed a CB to NPO.
[/quote]
I agree, it's a hilarious thing to laugh at. So does pretty much everyone else.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1297166352' post='2625580']
Have you ever thought that MK members like saying things they know will anger people? The preemptive war story is supported by those who actually enacted the strike and that's what matters.
[/quote]

You saying that was the reason you attack doesn't make it become true, so stop trying, nobody will buy this paranoia about NpO/STA protecting NPO, no matter how many times you repeat this !@#$%^&*.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1297166352' post='2625580']
Have you ever thought that MK members like saying things they know will anger people? The preemptive war story is supported by those who actually enacted the strike and that's what matters. Hell, I mean I already said it who was behind it, so it doesn't really make sense to value less informed accounts.
[/quote]

Including Archon in his original [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97693"]DoW[/url]? He clearly states there two reasons:
a) New Polar Order, in his understanding, is intentionally keeping NPO out of this war
b) MK believes that "Everything.Must.Die". Also known as "We hate Pacifica" story.

Are you sure he didn't tell you sweet stories on IRC just to get Umbrella on board?

Edited by mikk206

[quote name='mikk206' timestamp='1297167130' post='2625589']
Including Archon in his original [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97693"]DoW[/url]? He clearly states there two reasons:
a) New Polar Order, in his understanding, is intentionally keeping NPO out of this war
b) MK believes that "Everything.Must.Die". Also known as "We hate Pacifica" story.

Are you sure he didn't tell you sweet stories on IRC just to get Umbrella on board?
[/quote]

Roquetin role is this farce is play the honorable/reasonable guy, he comes to OWF to try to convince the unwary that MK/GOONS was just kidding and that Doom House had a real reason to declare war on NPO.

[quote name='mikk206' timestamp='1297167130' post='2625589']
a) New Polar Order, in his understanding, is intentionally keeping NPO out of this war [b]at that point in time[/b]
[/quote]
This is the point of a preemption.
[quote]
b) MK believes that "Everything.Must.Die". Also known as "We hate Pacifica" story. [/quote]
Yeah poor Pacifica... You do know what propaganda is?

If your making additions to Archon's posts, can I do that too?

Here, let me quote him to you

[quote]The New Polar Order and her myriad allies have gone to great lengths to protect a single alliance from damage in this latest global calamity. Rather than putting forth a maximal effort in [...]

The alliance they shield, the alliance they cling to, and the alliance to which they entrust their safety and prosperity - The New Pacific Order.[/quote]

Edited by mikk206

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1297164602' post='2625565']
I don't agree. A truly neutral group of alliances could have advertised their stance from the beginning as Duckroll has and Duckroll was never worried about getting hit preemptively. If the possibility of NPO entering was not there, there is no reason for NpO to hold Legion off if they were going to be on their own from the start. Pacifica in the past has exercised radio silence and could have paired that with a DoN if they were worried about getting hit. If NPO and others simply opted to stay out after they realized they didn't have the floating strength to win it and then waited to get hit, it doesn't matter.
[/quote]
Of course the possibility of NPO entering was there. They aren't Duckroll and put a great deal of stock in their treaties despite non-chaining clauses because they've had alliances do the same for them in Karma. They will always defend these people by whatever means necessary, as they will do for NPO. This does not mean, however, that they had some [i]overwhelming[/i] desire to get involved with the cluster$%&@ that was this war. TIO was in, but that was optional and TIO did not request assistance. As for TPF and Legion being held back to "shield" NPO, that's laughable. STA never called in TPF, and they're not exactly known as Pacifican cronies. As for Legion, I must admit to not having a great deal of knowledge of their part with NpO, and I don't believe it's come out in public, but my assumption is that NpO was holding them back. Legion would have been quite willing to jump in for Polaris if asked.

To summarize, just because Pacifica isn't [url="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BigBad"]the Big Bad[/url] (no relation to you, TBB :P) anymore doesn't mean they're suddenly the next GPA either. They would gladly come in at the request of their allies, like any other alliance, but this does not in any way mean that they were just begging for an entry point. They don't like PB, naturally, but they were quite content to let you have your own fun until you messed with their friends. Any questions?