WF & NOR Announcement

Enrage

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1296711358' post='2617189']
You're correct, however peace accords also don't leave you at a seemingly obvious disadvantage (eg; NoR obligated to stay out of war, wF not).
[/quote]

They are required to restrain their war activities to NV. So yes, they are kept out of war.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1296711240' post='2617186']
..Also, did NoR leave a long term friend on the battlefield like GATO did?
[/quote]
Nope.

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1296710512' post='2617155']...
2) WF is not bound to end their war against NV and Co; They are simply "encouraged" to do so.
[/quote]
Only an issue if NV has an issue with it... which we don't.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1296711476' post='2617197']
They are required to restrain their war activities to NV. So yes, they are kept out of war.
[/quote]

I think you've just repeated what I said, but thanks again for clarifying to everyone else.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296711442' post='2617194']
Well I guess NV fits that description. But whatever, that's extraneous anyway.
[/quote]
Naaah, we knew they were getting peace MONTHS ago. Lennox set the whole thing up as a brilliant plan to not get NoR rolled in the next war.

AND EVERYONE FELL FOR IT!

^Joke, people. Those without a sense of humor will say it wasn't funny or in poor taste. Watch.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1296711476' post='2617197']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]No, WF is only asked to end their war with NV. WF is not asked to remain out of the war entirely. That is what I got from the announcement.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1296711665' post='2617207']
[color="#0000FF"]No, WF is only asked to end their war with NV. WF is not asked to remain out of the war entirely. That is what I got from the announcement.[/color]
[/quote]

I need to go to bed. That's not what I read in his post. xD

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1296711447' post='2617195']
[color="#0000FF"]If this is just a poorly written announcement, that is one thing and would make a lot more sense[/color]
[/quote]
This is pretty much the case. Hence my post. Hence why I should probably handle every announcement ever.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1296711788' post='2617219']
This is pretty much the case. Hence my post. Hence why I should probably handle every announcement ever.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]So, what is the agreement then if you don't mind my asking (since it would seem that WF has greatly misrepresented it)?[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1296711665' post='2617207']
[/quote]

Then go back there and read the words: Non-escalation.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1296711981' post='2617241']
Then go back there and read the words: Non-escalation.
[/quote]

Okay:

[quote]World Federation hereby adopts a policy of non-escalation, and [b]shall act in good faith to bring their war with Nueva Vida to a close.[/b][/quote]

Sorry, but non-escalation isn't the operative clause in the sentence.

EDIT: Grammar, ugh!

Edited by Maleatu

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1296712348' post='2617263']
Okay:

Sorry, but non-escalation isn't the operative clause in the sentence.

EDIT: Grammar, ugh!
[/quote]

It's rather irrelevant if it's the operative clause or not. There's the spirit of the treaty which is to be upheld even if the letter is not all that explicit. And the spirit of the treaty, signed in good faith, implies non-escalation.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1296710221' post='2617145']
Your basic premise is wrong.

Indeed.
[/quote]

A white peace is peace without terms, in this particular situation, NoR has exited agreeing not to enter again, which in itself is a term, therefore the peace is not white in nature.

While provided it is by no means what one would normally consider a surrender, technically, you've agreed to a term, and that constitutes surrender. There have been some recent examples of white peace in its purest form, which this technically is not.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1296712519' post='2617275']
A white peace is peace without terms, in this particular situation, NoR has exited agreeing not to enter again, which in itself is a term, therefore the peace is not white in nature.

While provided it is by no means what one would normally consider a surrender, technically, you've agreed to a term, and that constitutes surrender. There have been some recent examples of white peace in its purest form, which this technically is not.
[/quote]

Both sides agreed to terms really, it's not a surrender. Unless they are both surrendering?

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1296712485' post='2617272']
It's rather irrelevant if it's the operative clause or not. There's the spirit of the treaty which is to be upheld even if the letter is not all that explicit. And the spirit of the treaty, signed in good faith, implies non-escalation.
[/quote]

Spirits of treaties and good faith are objects that are sorely lacking in this game. Do you honestly expect me to believe that wF is legally bound by anything to adhere? Further to that, we're not discussing the legality of the treaty per se, but the language in which it portrays NoR in a poor light during the conflict and subsequent peace talks.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1296711922' post='2617237']
[color="#0000FF"]So, what is the agreement then if you don't mind my asking (since it would seem that WF has greatly misrepresented it)?[/color]
[/quote]

The exact language you see in the OP (although not the color scheme) was what was agreed upon by NoR and WF.

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1296712687' post='2617290']
Spirits of treaties and good faith are objects that are sorely lacking in this game. Do you honestly expect me to believe that wF is legally bound by anything to adhere? Further to that, we're not discussing the legality of the treaty per se, but the language in which it portrays NoR in a poor light during the conflict and subsequent peace talks.
[/quote]

I think it's a safe bet that NoR and wF will be honourable and do what they agreed to. That said, I'd suggest you focus less on the language and more on the practical consequences.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1296713112' post='2617305']
I think it's a safe bet that NoR and wF will be honourable and do what they agreed to. That said, I'd suggest you focus less on the language and more on the practical consequences.
[/quote]

Consequently, I suggest you open your eyes to the broadening conflict around you, and realize that the days of honoring the practicalities and spirit of a treaty are gone. As are requiring a legitimate CB in order to attack an alliance.

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1296713215' post='2617309']
Consequently, I suggest you open your eyes to the broadening conflict around you, and realize that the days of honoring the practicalities and spirit of a treaty are gone. As are requiring a legitimate CB in order to attack an alliance.
[/quote]

The important thing is our allies accomplished their mission (took our wF as a threat).

Congrats on Peace

Have fun with cleanup NV.

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1296713215' post='2617309']
[/quote]

You're talking of wF, not MK.

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1296711599' post='2617202']
Naaah, we knew they were getting peace MONTHS ago. Lennox set the whole thing up as a brilliant plan to not get NoR rolled in the next war.

AND EVERYONE FELL FOR IT!

^Joke, people. Those without a sense of humor will say it wasn't funny or in poor taste. Watch.
[/quote]

Wasnt funny. Poor Taste.