Enrage

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1296710261' post='2617149']
Clearly we surrendered, glad everyone can read :facepalm:
[/quote]

Eh, it sorta looks like that based upon the terms of the agreement. What i read is:

1) Nordreich immediately ceases any and all conflict with WF. It refrains from engaging them again during this war, coupled with both parties signing a Non Aggression Pact.
2) WF is not bound to end their war against NV and Co; They are simply "encouraged" to do so.

Now, based on that, how is it that these peace terms are equal when only Nordreich is forced to cease any and all conflict and WF is not legally bound to reciprocate towards any other party except NoR?

Edited by Maleatu

[quote name='Emperor Mudd' timestamp='1296709147' post='2617085']
Why is NSO so pissed? We're not your allies. Hell we're not even fighting the same war.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I doubt anyone is truly angered. I quite like NoR, always have. It's just this decision makes no sense. First, WF ending its war with NV (which is what WF agreed to) doesn't get NV out of the war (there is still Sparta, and others). Second, it prevents NoR from assisting Colossus with MHA if it so chooses. It simply does not make sense that NoR would agree to these kinds of limitations when NoR was performing quite well and was under no other pressure. If this were any other alliance, I'd chalk it up to incompetence and/or being played and manipulated in peace talks, but NoR isn't a stupid alliance. So please, forgive my puzzlement.[/color]

When you don't tell us what happened we are left to speculate and when we speculate you become upset yet refuse to tell us anyways. It's not a very good way of going about things. If people are asking questions it means they want to seek out answers and if you don't provide them they've nothing else to do but speculate. So either tell the story or just allow people to speculate.

[quote name='Enrage' timestamp='1296707184' post='2616995']
World Federation and Nordreich hereby agree to peace. Nordreich shall refrain from committing any further acts of warfare upon any alliance who is engaged in combat with the New Polar Order or the New Pacific Order, or any collateral alliance who has declared war, by whatever means, in support of aforementioned combatants or in support of any party who has entered into conflict in support of those same combatants.
[/quote]

Err, what?

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1296709895' post='2617126']Then rectify the situation because right now you guys look [i]awful[/i] in this one.
[/quote]
Look guys, if "The MVP" is saying you look awful, you did something right!

There's nothing to rectify. NoR came in to help NV and accomplished its mission. I'm happy, NoR's happy, wF (ally of our ally, after all) is happy.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1296710634' post='2617158']
Indeed. Gave us a nice bit of breathing room when y'all blitzed. :)
[/quote]
See, this is the respect you should have shown GATO. But whatever, congrats on peace NoR and wF.

[quote]Guffey, on 03 February 2011 - 12:06 AM, said:

Interesting outcome. It looked from all angles that NoR was beating the snot out of wF. I feel like something else came up behind all the closed doors round here[/quote][quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1296710221' post='2617145']

We were and....oh look....hooray! Someone figured it out!

If:

- someone has a truly compelling reason to know what happend, and;
- is currently serving in their alliance's government, and;
- asks nicely, then:

I'll be happy to answer questions on IRC. Otherwise, you're free to continue speculating. Odds are good you'll be wrong, but it's rare when that stops folks from posting.
[/quote]

But... Butt... buttt... speculating is what makes Bob go round.
Essentialy you were threatened and buckled under.

Edited by Panic King

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1296710770' post='2617167']
When you don't tell us what happened we are left to speculate and when we speculate you become upset yet refuse to tell us anyways. It's not a very good way of going about things. If people are asking questions it means they want to seek out answers and if you don't provide them they've nothing else to do but speculate. So either tell the story or just allow people to speculate.
[/quote]
There is this thing called OPSEC. We win wars because we adhere to radio silence. Don't expect detailed essays on what's going on behind our curtains.

[quote name='Nelchael' timestamp='1296710851' post='2617171']
Look guys, if "The MVP" is saying you look awful, you did something right!

There's nothing to rectify. NoR came in to help NV and accomplished its mission. I'm happy, NoR's happy, wF (ally of our ally, after all) is happy.
[/quote]

This is quite sad, considering how I've been defending NV as of late. It appears things are going back to normal, don't know why I even bother sometimes. Really no such thing as the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" here.

[quote]There is this thing called OPSEC. We win wars because we adhere to radio silence. Don't expect detailed essays on what's going on behind our curtains.[/quote]

Roger, but don't be upset when people speculate on what happened.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='Vladimir Nikanor' timestamp='1296710994' post='2617178']
There is this thing called OPSEC. We win wars because we adhere to radio silence. Don't expect detailed essays on what's going on behind our curtains.
[/quote]

It definitely makes it harder for me to mock you. :( That's for sure.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1296711009' post='2617179']
This is quite sad, considering how I've been defending NV as of late. It appears things are going back to normal, don't know why I even bother sometimes. Really no such thing as the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" here.
[/quote]

that's devastating to hear, inasmuch as we've always adhered to a strict policy of doing our utmost to win your approval. :<

[quote name='Vladimir Nikanor' timestamp='1296710994' post='2617178']
[/quote]

Nobody expects to know all the details. We just expect a seemingly iota of sense to come out of a treaty. Truthfully, it looks like a two year old tried and failed to write this document. it makes no logical sense to the trained eye and frankly, you shouldn't be surprised people are scratching their heads at it.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1296711009' post='2617179']Roger, but don't be upset when people speculate on what happened.
[/quote]
I'm alright with people speculating. If people think we surrendered they're out of their minds. Peace Accords don't necessarily mean surrender.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296710863' post='2617172']
See, this is the respect you should have shown GATO. But whatever, congrats on peace NoR and wF.
[/quote]

Ha. I was wondering if you'd call me on it. Me and GATO have a long history of disagreeing. Also, did NoR leave a long term friend on the battlefield like GATO did?

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1296711163' post='2617184']
Nobody expects to know all the details. We just expect a seemingly iota of sense to come out of a treaty. Truthfully, it looks like a two year old tried and failed to write this document. it makes no logical sense to the trained eye and frankly, you shouldn't be surprised people are scratching their heads at it.
[/quote]
I agree. Someone else should DEFINITELY have written a more formal and legible document than the one officially posted.

[quote name='Vladimir Nikanor' timestamp='1296711188' post='2617185']
I'm alright with people speculating. If people think we surrendered they're out of their minds. Peace Accords don't necessarily mean surrender.
[/quote]

You're correct, however peace accords also don't leave you at a seemingly obvious disadvantage (eg; NoR obligated to stay out of war, wF not).

EDIT: Based on your post above, I am beginning to think this document is a fubar on wF's part and that a more legible document written by Nordreich, with more clear and substantial terms would go a long way towards alleviating the confusion here. I'll go ahead and leave my argument at that.

Edited by Maleatu

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1296711240' post='2617186']
Ha. I was wondering if you'd call me on it. Me and GATO have a long history of disagreeing. Also, did NoR leave a long term friend on the battlefield like GATO did?
[/quote]
Well I guess NV fits that description. But whatever, that's extraneous anyway.

[quote name='Maleatu' timestamp='1296711163' post='2617184']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]If this is just a poorly written announcement, that is one thing and would make a lot more sense, but if that is the actually agreement, I'm still confused. Granted, I realize NoR is under no obligation to anyone to give details or shed any light on this to anyone, but that won't stop me from thinking about it.[/color]

[quote name='Acca Dacca' timestamp='1296711415' post='2617193']
I'm colorblind, what does it say?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Page two.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1296711153' post='2617183']
Oh yeah, that's absolutely what happened.
[/quote]

Wow, Ashoka... you owe me a new sarcasmetron. The needle flew off the scale when I directed it at this post.

Happy peace, NoR. Go out for a picnic, visit the zoo, enjoy your time off. You've earned it. ;)