With Aztec in the War at this point...

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1296412876' post='2611293']
[b]Now if someone would just declare on ODN or Athens, we could REALLY have some fun.[/b]
[/quote]

I wholeheartedly agree.

Edited by KingEd

[quote name='Shellhound' timestamp='1296412741' post='2611291']
Good luck Athenian [s]Cowards[/s] Oh wait nope, I meant cowards. Care to fight someone over 20 members?
[/quote]

You really haven't read anything that's been posted have you?

Let me break it down: UINE has 70 members, tLW has 40, TCU has 80, FAR has 20, DRAGON has 30 and 57th has 13. Athens has 123.

If you'd do some research (and math) maybe next time you won't look like a complete idiot when you come in here and spout off your nonsense.

Edit: I'm done here, the masses of un-informed mouth-breathers are just to resilient to logic and I'm afraid it wont be long before someone starts throwing "u mad" around :gag:

Edited by Fyfe XIV

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1296412929' post='2611294']
Please, just dont. The story of your accidental DOW(a day ahead of time), came to us quickly from the allies you entered with. Even THEY were embarrassed by your performace, and no, it was no strategy. It was further horrid incompetence, in a long history of incompetence.
[/quote]

Funny how you know more about our strategy than myself. Guess your oracles are not failing after all.

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1296380137' post='2610925']
The entire point of this argument is, Athens has not [i]directly[/i] attacked any nation of Ragnarok, as of this post. You can wag on all you like about Ragnarok and the 57th being one in the same according to Ragnablok. It doesn't matter. We never signed it. Ragnarok is Ragnarok. The 57th Overlanders are the 57th Overlanders. We have only attacked the 57th Overlanders. If Ragnarok feels their treaty obligations require them to enter, then that is their decision to make, not ours. As far as I know, Athens and Ragnarok are not at war.
[/quote]

Anyone who disagrees with this has quite clearly a different view of treaties to me, and it would appear jraenar. Also, what HollowEyes was saying, before you got all pissy on us for bringing it up, was that Ragnarok considers an attack on the 57th an attack on itself. Whether you consider to have attacked Rok or not is irrelevant, as according to Rok's own understandings and obligations you have attacked it. You can no more declare that an element of the treaty of Ragnablok is void any more than I can declare an element of your treaty with PC is void.

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1296385142' post='2610997']
Honoring an MDP is uncool, but forming an alliance like 2 minutes before DoW and bandwagon is cool? Your logic makes sense 57th...
[/quote]

The 57th was the second alliance to declare war on Poison Clan, Ragnarok being the first. That isn't bandwagonning, you moron.

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1296413171' post='2611299']
Let me break it down: UINE has 70 members, tLW has 40, TCU has 80, FAR has 20, DRAGON has 30 and 57th has 13. Athens has 123.

If you'd do some research (and math) maybe next time you won't look like a complete idiot when you come in here and spout off your nonsense.

Edit: I'm done here, the masses of un-informed mouth-breathers are just to resilient to logic and I'm afraid it wont be long before someone starts throwing "u mad" around :gag:
[/quote]

TCU are no longer involved in the combat. In addition, trying to define the front like that in any serious way is so immensely flawed that I struggle to grapple with the kind of mind that could assert something like that. You should probably include alliances the 57th is also at war with, like PC. As well as other alliances involved. I was poking fun, doing research and coming up with numbers like this is just sad.

[quote name='Veneke' timestamp='1296413921' post='2611316']
TCU are no longer involved in the combat. In addition, trying to define the front like that in any serious way is so immensely flawed that I struggle to grapple with the kind of mind that could assert something like that. You should probably include alliances the 57th is also at war with, like PC. As well as other alliances involved. I was poking fun, doing research and coming up with numbers like this is just sad.
[/quote]

Yes, because [i]they surrendered to us[/i]. Also, "look at my flowery speech in which all I really do is ad hominem". If you'd look at what I was responding to, it would probably make more sense.

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1296413835' post='2611314']
Fyfe. U mad, brah?
[/quote]

Oh you...
[img]http://thebryceisright.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/mad-man-pulling-hair-out-1.jpg[/img]

[spoiler] Not actually me [/spoiler]

[quote name='Veneke' timestamp='1296413921' post='2611316']
Anyone who disagrees with this has quite clearly a different view of treaties to me, and it would appear jraenar. Also, what HollowEyes was saying, before you got all pissy on us for bringing it up, was that Ragnarok considers an attack on the 57th an attack on itself. Whether you consider to have attacked Rok or not is irrelevant, as according to Rok's own understandings and obligations you have attacked it. You can no more declare that an element of the treaty of Ragnablok is void any more than I can declare an element of your treaty with PC is void.

The 57th was the second alliance to declare war on Poison Clan, Ragnarok being the first. That isn't bandwagonning, you moron.

[/quote]

You are, correct, in that we cannot interpret whether or not RoK views this DOW as an attack on them, they well could, I hope they understand that it is just the nature of the game. I would like to point out though, that it is interesting that one of you pointed out the clause in the Ragnablok treaty that said an attack on signatory is an attack on Ragnarok, while conveniently ignoring that the same treaty says that a signatory will give RoK 48 hours notice before declaring an offensive war. Interesting in that you declared an offensive war literally MINUTES after signing the treaty and literally minutes after existence. So much for respect of the document. This war is a cluster**** and we all do what we must. That it the point, and all the butthurt in the world, will not change anything.

Edit: To those who want to complain about the targets we have taken, we took them with full intent of being countered, therefore, I suggest you point out the cowardice of the larger allies not presently engaged in this conflict, who sit there idle while their treaty partners get dogpiled. Maybe that is the way some people do things, its not the way we do them. Enjoy the wars, and lets end it swiftly, we have no desire to beat on defenseless alliances for an extended period of time.

Edited by Rush Sykes

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1296414652' post='2611329']
You are, correct, in that we cannot interpret whether or not RoK views this DOW as an attack on them, they well could, I hope they understand that it is just the nature of the game. I would like to point out though, that it is interesting that one of you pointed out the clause in the Ragnablok treaty that said an attack on signatory is an attack on Ragnarok, while conveniently ignoring that the same treaty says that a signatory will give RoK 48 hours notice before declaring an offensive war. Interesting in that you declared an offensive war literally MINUTES after signing the treaty and literally minutes after existence. So much for respect of the document. This war is a cluster**** and we all do what we must. That it the point, and all the butthurt in the world, will not change anything.

Edit: To those who want to complain about the targets we have taken, we took them with full intent of being countered, therefore, I suggest you point out the cowardice of the larger allies not presently engaged in this conflict, who sit there idle while their treaty partners get dogpiled. Maybe that is the way some people do things, its not the way we do them. Enjoy the wars, and lets end it swiftly, we have no desire to beat on defenseless alliances for an extended period of time.
[/quote]

Actually, Rok knew of our existence well before the war and agreed to the exception. So... yeah. Not sure where you see us as looking butthurt, but then again, I'm finding it very difficult to follow a logical pattern of Athens argument here (pretty sure I saw ye arguing with your own members on the OWF somewhere?) so I dunno...

Well, whenever you feel like surrendering, you let us know and we'll end this as swiftly as we can organize it.

[quote name='Veneke' timestamp='1296415168' post='2611340']
Actually, Rok knew of our existence well before the war and agreed to the exception. So... yeah. Not sure where you see us as looking butthurt, but then again, I'm finding it very difficult to follow a logical pattern of Athens argument here (pretty sure I saw ye arguing with your own members on the OWF somewhere?) so I dunno...

Well, whenever you feel like surrendering, you let us know and we'll end this as swiftly as we can organize it.
[/quote]

I'll keep the surrender invitation in mind as im [s]tech raiding[/s] fighting you guys.

^ that was a joke by the way. And the butthurt comment was not directed solely at you (or even specifically at you or your alliance), but was directed at people in this thread pointing out the variations of Athens' "cowardice". We, after all, are totally responsible for the fact that EVERY ally of everyone we DOWd on, has sat on their hands.

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1296413171' post='2611299']
You really haven't read anything that's been posted have you?

[/quote]

Well let me break it down for you: Athens NS: 4,895,508 Alliances with wars against Athens: 3,617,533 thats a 1 mill difference so quit your !@#$%*ing I suppose.

[quote name='Veneke' timestamp='1296415168' post='2611340']
[/quote]

Hah! You are too funny. I would say the same to the 57th, but you'll probably be disbanding instead of surrendering. Which brings me joy, of course.

[quote name='Shellhound' timestamp='1296419358' post='2611418']
Well let me break it down for you: Athens NS: 4,895,508 Alliances with wars against Athens: 3,617,533 thats a 1 mill difference so quit your !@#$%*ing I suppose.
[/quote]

I believe these numbers reflect the status quo after TCU bravely left the combat field. However, had TCU still been in this war, it would be more even. Not to mention the original NS of the combatants now fighting Athens were much higher.

So, yeah. I'm not looking to argue, just raising the obvious facts. However, if anyone would like to even the field again, I'm confident Athens would not mind more declarations of war on them.

Edited by KingEd

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1296419633' post='2611421']
Remember when we were hated by people who actually knew how to make words into sentences that made sense?

also, HI UBER!
[/quote]

I think the point he's trying to make is that you still have the NS advantage, plus the advantage of internal cohesion. Your enemies are spread out amongst different boards and communication is, I would imagine, less than what Athens possesses due to the aforementioned.

In short, you're picking on a bunch of small alliances in an attempt to play the MDP web and everybody can see it. All of us. Hell, I reckon even ye can see it. Its a reasonable strategy for an alliance to take after they've already hit at least one large alliance. Its a bit pathetic to have one alliance basically go around and try and mop up a bunch of little guys. As I've said before though, for your sake I hope ye pull it off. Failure to do so would be... embarrassing to say the least.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1296419633' post='2611421']
Remember when we were hated by people who actually knew how to make words into sentences that made sense?

also, HI UBER!
[/quote]

I dunno, I could understand that post pretty well. You're sure it's them and not just you?

[quote name='Veneke' timestamp='1296421191' post='2611453']
In short, you're picking on a bunch of small alliances in an attempt to play the MDP web and everybody can see it. All of us. Hell, I reckon even ye can see it. Its a reasonable strategy for an alliance to take after they've already hit at least one large alliance. Its a bit pathetic to have one alliance basically go around and try and mop up a bunch of little guys. As I've said before though, for your sake I hope ye pull it off. Failure to do so would be... embarrassing to say the least.
[/quote]

Easiest way to fix it? Don't be a small alliance playing big boy politics if you can't stand the heat.
Either way, put your big boy pants on and quit whining, or surrender.

War is not fair. This isn't an honor duel, this is a war. You don't box one handed just because you outskill your opponent. You don't fight on your knees because you are bigger than your opposition. You win, and you win by hitting harder and faster than your opponent can.

Deal with it.

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' timestamp='1296421865' post='2611468']
This dance sucks.

Bunch of us in a circle with our purses and jackets in the center.

And people keep stepping on my toes and bumping into me.

And the beer is flat.

Pfft.
[/quote]

You wear steel-toed dance shoes, and I'll bring the Yuengling. Then we will have a good party!

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' timestamp='1296421865' post='2611468']
This dance sucks.

Bunch of us in a circle with our purses and jackets in the center.

And people keep stepping on my toes and bumping into me.

And the beer is flat.

Pfft.
[/quote]
Damnit, I knew Londo was going to swap out the beer with llama urine again. He always has to ruin the party with these practical jokes.

Oh, by the way. You've been drinking llama urine.

[quote name='Veneke' timestamp='1296421191' post='2611453']
I think the point he's trying to make is that you still have the NS advantage, plus the advantage of internal cohesion. Your enemies are spread out amongst different boards and communication is, I would imagine, less than what Athens possesses due to the aforementioned.

[/quote]

You are really suggesting that us dogpiling an alliance just because they are bigger, would somehow make us more honorable and less cowardly? The whole sentiment is rather silly. I will point out for the 3rd time now, that in every one of our DOWs, there was someone, nearly our size, and unengaged, and allied to someone we are hitting , who just ignored us. Dont blame us because peoples' allies dont counter.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1296422289' post='2611477']
Easiest way to fix it? Don't be a small alliance playing big boy politics if you can't stand the heat.
Either way, put your big boy pants on and quit whining, or surrender.

War is not fair. This isn't an honor duel, this is a war. You don't box one handed just because you outskill your opponent. You don't fight on your knees because you are bigger than your opposition. You win, and you win by hitting harder and faster than your opponent can.

Deal with it.
[/quote]

You're not the smartest one going here are you? I never said anything about the intelligence of the move, I said it generated bad PR, and it would be terrible if they lost to even one of those alliances. I stand by those comments.

The rest of your post seems oddly inapplicable, so I won't respond to it.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1296422504' post='2611482']
You are really suggesting that us dogpiling an alliance just because they are bigger, would somehow make us more honorable and less cowardly? The whole sentiment is rather silly. I will point out for the 3rd time now, that in every one of our DOWs, there was someone, nearly our size, and unengaged, and allied to someone we are hitting , who just ignored us. [b]Dont blame us because peoples' allies dont counter.[/b]
[/quote]

I'm glad you agree with this part of my argument,

"In short, you're picking on a bunch of small alliances in an attempt to play the MDP web and everybody can see it. All of us. Hell, I reckon even ye can see it. Its a reasonable strategy for an alliance to take after they've already hit at least one large alliance."

Not sure where this notion that I disagree with the logic of the move is coming from though. But we appear in agreement, so I'll leave it slide.

We're only 4mil NS and declared on 6mil NS. Conveniently ignoring the millions upon millions of NS also fighting that 6mil NS. Can we not pretend it's something it's not? Perhaps if you managed more wars against alliances you were declaring on they'd feel the need to call their allies in to help them ^_^