KoH Recognition of Hostility with VE

[quote name='Frodark' timestamp='1296276469' post='2608623']
Two days notice that they were attacking. Not two days to decide to peace out.
[/quote]
Same difference. You had two days to peace out before you were attacked.

[quote name='Britishdude' timestamp='1296276599' post='2608634']
You know exactly what Erik is talking about. Or perhaps you want to take things out of context as you've accused us of?
[/quote]
What are you trying to do with the logs....because I'm not seeing it. Honestly, I'm not sure what it is.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, hey, if you don't want to get declared on, don't attack a protectorate. It doesn't count as an agreement unless it's officially signed.

Why not bring your own bigger brother down on Misfits too, to make it fair? Oh wait, Misfits have been at war with Polaris since the first day without a complaint. They're real warriors. KoH can't seem to take two war slots from VE without crying.

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1296281540' post='2608998']
Well, hey, if you don't want to get declared on, don't attack a protectorate. It doesn't count as an agreement unless it's officially signed.

Why not bring your own bigger brother down on Misfits too, to make it fair? Oh wait, Misfits have been at war with Polaris since the first day without a complaint. They're real warriors. KoH can't seem to take two war slots from VE without crying.
[/quote]
I don't think being attacked by you was ever the issue.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1296273152' post='2608462']
If you attack a protectorate of ours, you attack us. Misfits doesn't have to call in the treaty, intervention is implied.
[/quote]
oh give it a rest, you came in AFTER KoH had thorougly whipped MN. It was not about assisting them in war, if that was the case it would have came immediatley, surely an alliance your size could have spared a few measely slots to attack an alliance of 25 nations.

then again, you tried to sweep the DoW under the rug to avoid a PR mess, after Koh refused to cave to VE's thug tactics. so i guess your incompetence knows no bounds.

O/ KoH

next time don't offer white peace to your foes KoH, make them disband.

[quote name='captain america' timestamp='1296283306' post='2609058']
oh give it a rest, you came in AFTER KoH had thorougly whipped MN. It was not about assisting them in war, if that was the case it would have came immediatley, surely an alliance your size could have spared a few measely slots to attack an alliance of 25 nations.

then again, you tried to sweep the DoW under the rug to avoid a PR mess, after Koh refused to cave to VE's thug tactics. so i guess your incompetence knows no bounds.

O/ KoH

next time don't offer white peace to your foes KoH, make them disband.
[/quote]

If by whipped you mean 'KoH came crying for white peace because they were tired of fighting' then absolutely, it happened. Why would MN offer anything to KoH, an alliance who lost its war the second it declared?

[quote name='maskofblue' timestamp='1296274252' post='2608497']
Misfit Nations was at war with both New Polar Order and Kingdom of Hyrule
[/quote]

i do believe we are a bit busy to worry about your alliance, so im not exactly sure if we even had that many nations on your alliance :ph34r:

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1296287297' post='2609202']
If by whipped you mean 'KoH came crying for white peace because they were tired of fighting' then absolutely, it happened. Why would MN offer anything to KoH, an alliance who lost its war the second it declared?
[/quote]
they did no such thing.

They made a valiant attempt to close out a front of the polar war by offering MN a chance to exit the war entirely. MN rejected the offer, as is their right to do so, and threatened to sick VE and IRON on KoH.

Impero then tries to threatens KoH and tries to strong arm an alliance that is absurdly smaller than you guys into leaving the war. They refused.

If KoH was crying for white peace, they had many opportunities to accept it when Impero was threatening them. If anything KoH has stood tall and shown the world that they're made of real character. They're not the type of alliance that manufactures CB. They're not the type of alliance that wishes to destroy their opponents. They're not the type of alliance that threatens other alliances. They're not even the type of alliance that tries to hide their declarations of wars away in blog posts. They're not the type of alliance that is made up of scum.

Too bad we can't say the same thing about VE.

I would say it is well within VE's rights to assist MN, even if MN does not need it. However, I do think that not posting a DoW is extremely underhanded. This is not the first instance I have heard of this - FOK attacking DRAGON to help PC, or Umbrella attacking Legion & TPF - and for all I know my "side" of this war could be doing the same thing. But I still think it's rather low to send assistance without actually DoWing to avoid the treaty implications.

Granted, in this case, there are not any real treaty implications. But whoever thinks about all the poor souls making war webs and wiki updates, hmm?

Edited by AtheistRepublican

[quote name='captain america' timestamp='1296290035' post='2609263']
They made a valiant attempt to close out a front of the polar war by offering MN a chance to exit the war entirely. MN rejected the offer, as is their right to do so, and threatened to sick VE and IRON on KoH.
[/quote]
VE [i]and[/i] IRON? Heh, sweet vindication.
[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295414287' post='2582840'][quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295413681' post='2582816'][quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295409243' post='2582654']Interesting timing to sign an ODP.
[/quote]
If you read the actual text, it reads more like an optional aid pact if you wanna get really technical.

Or you could take it on face value for what its intended, a symbol of friendship.
[/quote]
I read the text. I write my treaties the same way they do. Well, almost.
[quote]Section IV - Aid:
Should either alliance become involved in a defensive war, they may request for assistance in the means of financial aid or other assistance from their fellow signatory. This is an optional decision but is encouraged as good gestures promote lasting friendship. Financial aid may be offered or requested during peace times for specific purposes but compliance is not mandatory. Tech deals are highly encouraged to occur between both signatories, thus ensuing constant prosperity and growth between the two.[/quote]
Financial [i]or other[/i] assistance is the key phrase here, especially since it's prefaced by mention of war. No matter what you want to call it, whatever letters you ascribe to it, that's what the words say. I read treaties for more than just the title.
[/quote]
Optional aid pact indeed.

[quote]
On the 23rd of January the Kingdom of Hyrule declared war on the Misfit Nations in defense of our protectors and friends at the New Polar Order. Despite an agreement to keep this a "mirco" front by fighting one on one the Misfit Nations have decided they needed the help of their big bother and so we recognize that we are now at war with the Viridian Entente.[/quote]

It is called a protectorate. You attack them, we attack you. That simple. No need to be all "They didn't want a fair fight" You can't attack someone and be annoyed when it doesn't go as you expected. What do you think this is, a tickle fight?

When you DOW you need to accept responsibility. You knew they had a protectorate agreement.

[quote name='leprecon' timestamp='1296296230' post='2609330']
It is called a protectorate. You attack them, we attack you. That simple. No need to be all "They didn't want a fair fight" You can't attack someone and be annoyed when it doesn't go as you expected. What do you think this is, a tickle fight?

When you DOW you need to accept responsibility. You knew they had a protectorate agreement.
[/quote]
if you take it out of context what your saying is fine...
exept what there saying is that Misfits agreed not to call you in..which would mean they lied= bad

I think some of you who have been immediately jumping on the "VE Sucks!" bandwagon before taking the time to know what you're arguing about are going to look back on this time and be embarrassed about how you've behaved. Take a breath, think about what you're saying, and then put forth an argument that makes sense.

Now it's already been explained several times that this gentlemen's agreement between KoH and Misfit Nations involved a low ranking government member who did not have the authority to make such an agreement. It's also been explained KoH knew what would happen if they did not accept the white peace terms offered. They did not accept the terms. Fine. Now there are two offensive wars by VE against KoH. That's right, two.

Just man up and have some fun. This is not the end of the world for anyone and from what I'm hearing, KoH is learning some valuable lessons in war fighting, war chest importance, and diplomacy. KoH will be a better alliance for having participated in this war, but the biggest lesson they may learn is that being whiny and complaining during wartime is poor form.