ONYX Declaration of Neutrality

So what you're saying is, you only abide by your treaties when they suit your interest? Great allies there. I realize you may be friends with NV, and I like raasaa, but that doesn't excuse you from neglecting your responsibilities...and to your protector of all people.

While I don't like Sparta, I have true disdain for people who wiggle their way out of honoring their treaties. I'm not sure why all these people are congratulating you and calling it a good move, because there's no honor in what you're doing here.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='JWConner' timestamp='1296246186' post='2607850']
So what you're saying is, you only abide by your treaties when they suit your interest? Great allies there. I realize you may be friends with NV, and I like raasaa, but that doesn't excuse you from neglecting your responsibilities...and to your protector of all people.

While I don't like Sparta, I have true disdain for people who wiggle their way out of honoring their treaties. I'm not sure why all these people are congratulating you and calling it a good move, because there's no honor in what you're doing here.
[/quote]
I'm not congratulating these guys, that's for sure. By the way, can you tell HeroofTime55 that I'm still waiting on the delivery of that Lavender Town data?

[quote name='JWConner' timestamp='1296246186' post='2607850']

[/quote]

Protectorates tend to not have a defensive obligation to the protector but rather the option.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1296247213' post='2607875']
Protectorates tend to not have a defensive obligation to the protector but rather the option.
[/quote]

I've never seen that in any protectorate I've ever signed (as either the protector or protectee). If that's the case here, then there's no reason to declare neutrality. The fact they are declaring neutrality is because there was a reason they had to explain their non-action.

Either way, sitting back and watching their protector get attacked is bad form.

[quote name='Franz Ferdinand' timestamp='1296246345' post='2607852']
I'm not congratulating these guys, that's for sure. By the way, can you tell HeroofTime55 that I'm still waiting on the delivery of that Lavender Town data?
[/quote]

Um, I have no clue what "Lavender Town data" is and I don't talk to HoT much these days.

Also, wasn't saying you were really congratulating them. More aimed at the rest of the mindless drones in this thread.

[quote name='JWConner' timestamp='1296247696' post='2607889']
I've never seen that in any protectorate I've ever signed (as either the protector or protectee). If that's the case here, then there's no reason to declare neutrality. The fact they are declaring neutrality is because there was a reason they had to explain their non-action.

Either way, sitting back and watching their protector get attacked is bad form.
[/quote]

Well from for example AZTEC's own protectorate bloc.

[quote]Should one Protectorate fall under attack all other Protectorates are expected to assist their comrade by all means. Should a Protector come under attack [b]Protectorates are recommended but not obliged to assist[/b][/quote]

and from the CN wiki on protectorates

[quote]A Protectorate Treaty is where a large alliance agrees to defend a smaller one from attack. [b]It differs from a Mutual Defense Pact in that the larger alliance does not generally require help from the smaller one in the event the larger alliance is attacked. It is essentially a "one-way MDP".[/b][/quote]

While an announcement was not needed it could help in strategic planning the involved alliances do.