ONYX Declaration of Neutrality

[center][img]http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv352/jango700/CN/Onyphoenixforforumscopy.png[/img][/center]

[CENTER]ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE TRIUMVIRATE OF ONYX[/CENTER]

To All Parties Concerned,

ONYX has a vested interest in the war between Sparta and Nueva Vida. As a small alliance, we have no reason to join in this war. However, Sparta provides protection over ONYX, and Nueva Vida is one our of friends. Therefore, in times like these, ONYX wants to make sure our voice is heard. ONYX will remain a neutral force between Sparta and Nueva Vida. Though we understand the need to protect treaty partners, which is the honorable thing to do, we hold no ill will toward either alliance, and hope for a peace as soon as possible.

///SIGNED///

Triumvirate of Foreign Affairs- Silent Spectre
Triumvirate of Military Affairs- Severus Knight
Triumvirate of Interior Affairs- Dia Lucrii

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Franz Ferdinand' timestamp='1296149715' post='2605782']
It's good to see that ONYX have decided to declare war after all. It shows that they are ready to jump into the meat-grinder after all.
[/quote]

You do get that they are declaring neutrality in the conflict between their friends, right? ;)

Granted Keve, we are not a major power, nor will we swing the tide of a Great War. However, we are an alliance none the less, and we make our foreign affairs announcements just like the rest. No offense. I'm sorry if this seems harsh, but some of the comments seem sarcastic and I just want people to know our feelings on this issue.

However, we have alliances on both sides of the war we are friendly with. And we wish them luck in their endeavors. Many black, orange, and blue alliances know our name. We are small, but we are there. And while we don't have pieces of paper with all of the alliances we are friendly with, ONYX embraces the ideal of Honor, and supporting our friends.

ONYX is very close to Sparta, for obvious reasons, but we also don't want to burn any bridges as we go. Hopefully our small statement will help solidify to our friends that we will honor our friendships, whether treatied or not, and we will be there to help negotiate peace when it's done, if needed.

I'm sure anyone out there can respect that.

Edited by Silent Spectre

[quote name='Silent Spectre' timestamp='1296149585' post='2605776']
[center][img]http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv352/jango700/CN/Onyphoenixforforumscopy.png[/img][/center]

[CENTER]ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE TRIUMVIRATE OF ONYX[/CENTER]

To All Parties Concerned,

ONYX has a vested interest in the war between Sparta and Nueva Vida. As a small alliance, we have no reason to join in this war. However, Sparta provides protection over ONYX, and Nueva Vida is one our of friends. Therefore, in times like these, ONYX wants to make sure our voice is heard. ONYX will remain a neutral force between Sparta and Nueva Vida. Though we understand the need to protect treaty partners, which is the honorable thing to do, we hold no ill will toward either alliance, and hope for a peace as soon as possible.

///SIGNED///

Triumvirate of Foreign Affairs- Silent Spectre
Triumvirate of Military Affairs- Severus Knight
Triumvirate of Interior Affairs- Dia Lucrii
[/quote]

Yet your AA says Sparta......

[quote name='Redneck' timestamp='1296157498' post='2605962']
Yet your AA says Sparta......
[/quote]
Well observed, Redneck, can we really be sure that the entirety of ONYX agreed to this, especially when one of their triumvirate left them shorty before 'signing' this declaration? The fact that there is no real treaty which is blocking ONYX from declaring on the Nueda Vida is also intriguing, to say the least.

Looking at it, Silent Spectre shouldn't really speak for ONYX until he is back on the ONYX AA because for now, all I see him as is just a simple member of the Spartan Army and a [i]former[/i] triumvirate with no real power over the decisions of ONYX.

Of course, if any of the other two triumvirate can post in this thread that they endorsed this declaration, fair enough. But all in all, I don't consider Silent Spectre a participant of the ONYX government.

[quote name='Dia Lucrii' timestamp='1296162938' post='2606076']
Speaking as a Trium for ONYX, the DoN is legit and Spectre can speak for our foreign affairs. We all agreed to keep ONYX out of this, and he previously arranged this with Sparta. Anyone else have a problem?
[/quote]

This.

Sorry about the position our war with NV has put you in, and we respect your neutrality concerning our war with them. If it's any consolation, we have absolutely nothing but respect for NV and look forward to normal relations with them after the war.

o/ ONYX