GOONS Recognition of War with NPO meatshields/vassal states

Sardonic

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1296128030' post='2605338']
How about we leave this to the alliances who are actually affected?

I mean, no doubt NPO would say we betrayed them (because it suits their agenda atm), but other than that i dont think you would find an alliances saying so.
[/quote]

It's a fact that you didn't help NPO in their only losing war since 2006. It is also a fact that you were allied to them for three years. Now you can attempt to e-lawyer your way out of that, find "valid" reasons for the cancellation but come on: 3 years of friendship breaking right before the first losing war within these 3 years speaks for itself.

I however agree that you were justified attacking NpO during the WotC and that you would have had a good CB now. The problem is that you didn't hit them but VE because of some manufactured bull. I always respected TOP for their reasonable decisions, however at the moment I can't get rid of the feeling that your head is so deep in MK's ass that you can't think straight anymore.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1296128267' post='2605344']
GOONs leadership volunteered TOPs participation in the war despite not having a treaty. Unless they dismiss his comments they are very much involved.
[/quote]

I wasnt talking about the thread, i was talking about the claim TOP is always switching to the winning sides/betraying their allies/whatever

[quote name='terveis' timestamp='1296128268' post='2605345']
What? TOP betraying Citadel?

I doubt there are many, that would say anyone betrayed citadel when it died... Those were just bad times when people were pulled on different directions...

Blah, how i miss Citadel...

FCC o/
Argent o/
TOP o/
Grämlins o/
Umbrella o/
Old Guard o/

---

Show them hell GOONS...
[/quote]

Yeah i feel the same. Citadel was an awesome block in their heigth

[quote name='Mark Ashton' timestamp='1296128523' post='2605354']
It's a fact that you didn't help NPO in their only losing war since 2006. It is also a fact that you were allied to them for three years. Now you can attempt to e-lawyer your way out of that, find "valid" reasons for the cancellation but come on: 3 years of friendship breaking right before the first losing war within these 3 years speaks for itself.

I however agree that you were justified attacking NpO during the WotC and that you would have had a good CB now. The problem is that you didn't hit them but VE because of some manufactured bull. I always respected TOP for their reasonable decisions, however at the moment I can't get rid of the feeling that your head is so deep in MK's ass that you can't think straight anymore.
[/quote]

1. I give you that, it kinda irks me too they didnt do it earlier. TOP itself was very split on the issue and they took very long to actually come to a decision. Because asking the question to cancel the MDP was a hurtful thing to do and would polarize the alliance. They (or we) should have done it earlier

2. Last time we preempted someone that didnt turn out so well... so give us the favour of the doubt here :>

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1296128287' post='2605347']
Wait, what? Firstly, GOONS has probably the best lower tier on the planet due to their similar age, coverage and war experience (something which more lower tiers from most large alliances lack). Secondly, Umbrella's upper tier (and MK's) will just regrow the GOONS lower tier after the war. After all, they don't have much further to grow.

GOONS will profit immensely from this war. OOC: If there isn't another SA recruitment drive soon i'd be surprised :v
[/quote]
Just like Poison Clan right? One of those other allies of yours who have been highly disappointing so far.

[quote name='Lizzardtheone' timestamp='1296129037' post='2605365']
Just like Poison Clan right? One of those other allies of yours who have been highly disappointing so far.
[/quote]
I wasn't aware that Poison Clan was notable for its lower tier. This apple is not an orange.

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1296128754' post='2605361']
1. I give you that, it kinda irks me too they didnt do it earlier. TOP itself was very split on the issue and they took very long to actually come to a decision. Because asking the question to cancel the MDP was a hurtful thing to do and would polarize the alliance. They (or we) should have done it earlier

2. Last time we preempted someone that didnt turn out so well... so give us the favour of the doubt here :>
[/quote]

No. I am aware that my good friend Rotavele is ignorant on a few points however you cannot doubt the core of his points.
The Bi-Polar war was the only war you didn't stick with the side that in the end won. And I know that at the time of the Bi-Polar war Crymson was naiive enough to believe NpO, and you guys wanted to turn the sides in your favor in order to get rid of CnG - which in the end didn't work. So, by betraying Umbrella and FOK (because you know if you didn't they'd betray you at some point for MK) you changed sides again and tried to $%&@ your friends over again. And today, well today you have changed sides again, allied with your long hated ally, you are supporting a war without any reason at all. Please let's not pretend anyone in TOP thinks it's justified to hit NPO for committing crimes two years ago because since then, they have done nothing that would constitute them as a threat.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1296129361' post='2605369']
I wasn't aware that Poison Clan was notable for its lower tier. This apple is not an orange.
[/quote]
They are notable for their poor performance so far in this war. You (MK) made them out to be real tough fighters, but apparently they fold easily when under a bit of pressure. I predict the same will happen to GOONS.

[quote name='Mark Ashton' timestamp='1296129369' post='2605371']
No. I am aware that my good friend Rotavele is ignorant on a few points however you cannot doubt the core of his points.
The Bi-Polar war was the only war you didn't stick with the side that in the end won. And I know that at the time of the Bi-Polar war Crymson was naiive enough to believe NpO, and you guys wanted to turn the sides in your favor in order to get rid of CnG - which in the end didn't work. So, by betraying Umbrella and FOK (because you know if you didn't they'd betray you at some point for MK) you changed sides again and tried to $%&@ your friends over again. And today, well today you have changed sides again, allied with your long hated ally, you are supporting a war without any reason at all. Please let's not pretend anyone in TOP thinks it's justified to hit NPO for committing crimes two years ago because since then, they have done nothing that would constitute them as a threat.
[/quote]
Man...you like to through the word betray around alot.

Also, iirc, our treaty with FOK was gone before the war.

edit: I guess according to your logic, we pre-emptively betrayed Umb and FOK :v:

Edited by ROMMELHSQ

[quote name='Lizzardtheone' timestamp='1296129654' post='2605375']
They are notable for their poor performance so far in this war. You (MK) made them out to be real tough fighters, but apparently they fold easily when under a bit of pressure. I predict the same will happen to GOONS.
[/quote]

I will shed a tear for you when your world comes tumbling down. A single tear.

[quote name='auto98' timestamp='1296129748' post='2605378']
You know meatshields.....

Isn't it usually wiser to send them into battle first, else they aren't really very useful shields?

You know, like your role for MK.
[/quote]

ah yes, I well remember when MK sent us into battle while they stayed home cozy, fighting their wars through catspaws, safe in the knowledge that the recently erected hippy shield would keep out the noise of the screaming.

Oh wait, no, I'm thinking about Legion's top third. Never mind.

(you do know that MK went into battle with us, right?)

You know meatshields.....

Isn't it usually wiser to send them into battle first, else they aren't really very useful shields?
[/quote]

Hey....hey buddy? I know this is difficult for you to understand, so pay close attention, okay? You're in a [i]defensive[/i] war. If you have any questions regarding what this means, you let me know, okay?

You know, like your role for MK.
[/quote]

You're apparently uninformed on what a bloc is or how they operate, so I'll let you look that up now. Feel free to come back and participate in the conversation once you're better versed in the subject at hand. ^_^

[quote name='Lizzardtheone' timestamp='1296129986' post='2605381']
Awhh, how sweet of you. Now continue with getting Umbrella to protect your lower tiers.
[/quote]

Gasp! Our lower tiers! Oh man, how the heck did we forget about them? :huh:

[quote name='ROMMELHSQ' timestamp='1296129739' post='2605377']
Man...you like to through the word betray around alot.

Also, iirc, our treaty with FOK was gone before the war.

edit: I guess according to your logic, we pre-emptively betrayed Umb and FOK :v:
[/quote]

Call it whatever you want. It's not FOK and Umbrella are any better than you. So I am not really sorry that you did what you did to them.

And you make it sound like as if it were my fault that your history is full of dumping old friends. Or do you want to deny anything of the said?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1296123142' post='2605252']
TOP is doomed not matter what and they fail to perceive that. If NPO/NpO win they will be alone and if PB/DH win they will have no more use for TOP and they will be the next target of DH's first strike since MK/Umbrella wouldn't want an alliance with a best top tier than they have and TOP wont have how to change side since there will be only one side.[/quote][b]1.[/b] TOP don't have a ~best top tier than Doomhouse~. MK have never hit anyone out of fear, much less TOP. As for the first possibility, nice one pally.
2. We have a lot of respect for TOP in their current incarnation. The only way we could find ourselves opposed to them is if they elect another anti-MK slate; such are the dangers of democracy.

[quote name='Mark Ashton' timestamp='1296130273' post='2605387']
And you make it sound like as if it were my fault that your history is full of dumping old friends. Or do you want to deny anything of the said?
[/quote]
It is your fault for being dumb to think that treaties remain forever.

[quote name='Velox' timestamp='1296130107' post='2605385']
Haha the guys at SA are gonna love this,

[/quote]
The OP is GOONs squealing and telling everyone their friends will get them. Much like a childs reaction to being hit back for the first time after dishing it out for so long without retaliation. I doubt the guys over yonder will be impressed by what GOONs have become.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1296130293' post='2605388']
He means after they have been pounded down to the size of GOONs nations
[/quote]

Yes, after they are pounded down to the size of GOONs nations....man, Alterego, how ever did you get so clever? You even used the small 's' for added snarkiness! :blink: