GOONS Recognition of War with NPO meatshields/vassal states

Sardonic

[quote name='Timmehhh' timestamp='1296125739' post='2605297']
I saw this post, checked the wars on GOONS and realized that Doomhouse, FAN and allies have already won.
[/quote]

Yep, now time to finish what we started over on NpO front.

o/ GOONS

Fight the good fight and we'll see you at the end of all things for the BBQ.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1296125965' post='2605305']
Sorry, but what Polaris did to TOP explains why they had to search for new buddies after the Bi-Polar tragedy. This is no surprise. In the years before they were pretty tight with a standard set of buddies like Argent, Grämlins, Pacifica, FOK and Umbrella.
[/quote]
Lol what? What TOP did to Polaris during the WotC provoked the BiPolar war against TOP. And TOP stabbed Umbrella, Gramlins, and Argent in the back when they left Citadel and cancelled on them. Pacifica and FOK rolled with TOP for a long time until TOP stabbed Pacifica in the back during the Karma war. Then in the TOP-CnG war TOP and FOK fought. Disproving everyone of your statements. What are you even talking about?

EDIT: [quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1296125967' post='2605306']
Of course TOP is going to do whats best for TOP.
[/quote]

This.

Edited by Rotavele

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1296126286' post='2605312']
Lol what? What TOP did to Polaris during the WotC provoked the BiPolar war against TOP. And TOP stabbed Umbrella, Gramlins, and Argent in the back when they left Citadel and cancelled on them. Pacifica and FOK rolled with TOP for a long time until TOP stabbed Pacifica in the back during the Karma war. Then in the TOP-CnG war TOP and FOK fought. Disproving everyone of your statements. What are you even talking about?
[/quote]

Oh my god... You have clearly and absolutely not the slightest clue what the heck you are talking about. TOP did not cancel on those alliances, but thats not even the point. Relationships between those alliances detoriated to a point where cancelling from either side was just a matter of time. I was a founding member of Gremlins and also helped create the Citadel, so you will have to take my word on it.

If anything destroyed the Citadel, it was the demise of Gremlins because they were the link between the realpolitick and the moralist side.

also FOK fought TOP because they were the only ones on the other side capable of doing so. I dont say im not disappointed by this, but before that they were a long and steadfast ally. In fact, TOP stuck to the Citadel plan from right after GW3 until right before Bipolar. So calling them out on inconsistency in their allegiances is just clear and utter bs.

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1296126754' post='2605314']
Oh my god... You have clearly and absolutely not the slightest clue what the heck you are talking about. TOP did not cancel on those alliances, but thats not even the point. Relationships between those alliances detoriated to a point where cancelling from either side was just a matter of time. I was a founding member of Gremlins and also helped create the Citadel, so you will have to take my word on it.

If anything destroyed the Citadel, it was the demise of Gremlins because they were the link between the realpolitick and the moralist side.

also FOK fought TOP because they were the only ones on the other side capable of doing so. I dont say im not disappointed by this, but before that they were a long and steadfast ally. In fact, TOP stuck to the Citadel plan from right after GW3 until right before Bipolar. So calling them out on inconsistency in their allegiances is just clear and utter bs.
[/quote]
Baw Baw Baw... Umad HellAngel?

[/quote]

This is not how I see it. TOP stuck with both FOK and NPO for ages. TOP stuck with Citadel for ages.
And why is it so hard to even consider the 'possible fact' that TOP was betrayed/dropped by its allies instead of TOP betraying/dropping them?

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1296127095' post='2605318']
I love that sig. Because thats only true for TOP and TOP only.
[/quote]
Yep yep, Anyways...

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1296127125' post='2605320']
This is not how I see it. TOP stuck with both FOK and NPO for ages. TOP stuck with Citadel for ages.
And why is it so hard to even consider the 'possible fact' that TOP was betrayed/dropped by its allies instead of TOP betraying/dropping them?
[/quote]

Because TOP hit NpO in the WoTC then Polar "betrayed" TOP, in TOP-CnG. I dont see that as NpO betraying TOP, I see it as the other way around. Especially with all the trash talking TOP did to NpO during TOP-CnG.

Edited by Rotavele

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1296127179' post='2605321']
Because TOP hit NpO in the WoTC then Polar "betrayed" TOP, in TOP-CnG. I dont see that as NpO betraying TOP, I see it as the other way around. Especially with all the trash talking TOP did to NpO during TOP-CnG.
[/quote]
Ok, and now the betrayal TOP displayed towards Citadel, FOK and Pacifica...

Once again, not a clue about the facts and still talking like he knew !@#$.

Polar was cozying up to TOP, or the other way round (how you like it), months before that war. We were close to signing an MDP when everything happened. They did not once complain about us wanting to give them assistance, encouraged us to join the war.

When TOP attacked Polaris in WotC we were pretty straight with them. We got screenshots of their leader saying he wants to smash us if he gets the chance, any serious alliance cant ignore such a claim, so we attacked them for it. Straight and honest.

So, how can anyone trust Polaris anymore if they need to fear the amity they display is only part of their political plan to betray you?

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1296122131' post='2605243']
MK and Umbrella both being more powerful alliances for anyone to fight means everyone declaring on GOONS didn't take much pressure off NPO, but this will likely be a long war and it will be interesting to see how long GOONS is willing to be on the receiving end of a curb stomp without surrender so their fellow unjust allies get what they want.
[/quote]

Actually this situation is precisely what GOONS wants in a conflict. An aggressive opening on a meaty target followed by onslaughts of incompetent disorganized fools. The ones I'm working with are enjoying themselves.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1296125760' post='2605300']
Proves a point. We can get in your heads easily and it does make you all mad enough to post about it. Write me a 10,000 word essay explaining to me why it isn't GOON[u][i][b]s[/b][/i][/u].
[/quote]

Ah, so you're perfectly content with acting like a juvenile ignoramus. Very well, feel free to put a small 's' in there. We'll do our best to avoid becoming overwhelmed with emotion at the sight of your intentional error. Sadism never gets any respect! :(

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1296127125' post='2605320']
[/quote]

Wow, yes... TOP stuck with NPO for ages, and with Citadel for ages.... incidentally, those "ages" were when those entities were doing well and more or less dominated. That's why it doesn't count for !@#$.

True allies are the ones who stand with you when things are going badly, not when you're on top of the game.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296104701' post='2604556']
I don't know what logic you used to target us, did you think you could escape the mighty middle tier of MK, or the beyond dangerous elites of umbrella? Whatever the case, you have made a rather large error. We will emerge from this a stronger, more organized, and more unified community, and that is not something we would have gotten without this challenge. You are building us, one war at a time.
[/quote]
How exactly is Umbrella's top tier going to save your horrendous lower tiers?

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1296127885' post='2605335']
Wow, yes... TOP stuck with NPO for ages, and with Citadel for ages.... incidentally, those "ages" were when those entities were doing well and more or less dominated. That's why it doesn't count for !@#$.

True allies are the ones who stand with you when things are going badly, not when you're on top of the game.
[/quote]

How about we leave this to the alliances who are actually affected?

I mean, no doubt NPO would say we betrayed them (because it suits their agenda atm), but other than that i dont think you would find an alliances saying so.

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1296128030' post='2605338']

I mean, no doubt NPO would say we betrayed them (because it suits their agenda atm), but other than that i dont think you would find an alliances saying so.
[/quote]

I don't even care either way, I was just pointing out the fallacy in claiming TOP didn't betray anyone simply because they stuck by them when they were "winning".

Maybe in the end that party doesn't feel betrayed, but that doesn't change !@#$%* logic.

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1296125676' post='2605294']
From the Initiative to the Coalition, To Karma, to Hegemony, to Karma, and now to Doomhouse. TOP switches sides almost every war. Just pick one and stick with it, If anyone has betrayed anyone it would be TOP who runs to the "winning side" everytime. Luckily TOP got a slap in the face with the TOP-CnG war to show them that they're not so powerful and it was just a cry for sympathy afterwards.
[/quote]
How did we change sides from the Initiative to the Coalition? or from Karma to Hego to Karma?

EDIT:

This.
[/quote]
lol

[quote name='HellAngel' timestamp='1296128030' post='2605338']
[/quote]
GOONs leadership volunteered TOPs participation in the war despite not having a treaty. Unless they dismiss his comments they are very much involved.

What? TOP betraying Citadel?

I doubt there are many, that would say anyone betrayed citadel when it died... Those were just bad times when people were pulled on different directions...

Blah, how i miss Citadel...

FCC o/
Argent o/
TOP o/
Grämlins o/
Umbrella o/
Old Guard o/

---

Show them hell GOONS...

[quote name='Lizzardtheone' timestamp='1296127933' post='2605336']
How exactly is Umbrella's top tier going to save your horrendous lower tiers?
[/quote]
Wait, what? Firstly, GOONS has probably the best lower tier on the planet due to their similar age, coverage and war experience (something which more lower tiers from most large alliances lack). Secondly, Umbrella's upper tier (and MK's) will just regrow the GOONS lower tier after the war. After all, they don't have much further to grow.

GOONS will profit immensely from this war. OOC: If there isn't another SA recruitment drive soon i'd be surprised :v

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1296128353' post='2605349']
how did a thread about GOONS being attacked by seven fairly nondescript alliances (who seem to be vying for the WCE title Sardonic gave to Schatt's merry band back in October) become a thread about whether TOP are fickle allies?
[/quote]

When the OP waved TOP's name around? Dunno, just a stab in the dark.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1296128152' post='2605340']
I don't even care either way, I was just pointing out the fallacy in claiming TOP didn't betray anyone simply because they stuck by them when they were "winning".

Maybe in the end that party doesn't feel betrayed, but that doesn't change !@#$%* logic.
[/quote]

So you say alliances are forbidden from cancelling MDPs?

I mean... i know what you're getting at but i dont think there are enough indications to warrant such a claim. Maybe the reasons NPO got stomped were the same as the reasons for the cancellation of their TOP MDP?

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1296128287' post='2605347']
Wait, what? Firstly, GOONS has probably the best lower tier on the planet due to their similar age, coverage and war experience (something which more lower tiers from most large alliances lack).[/quote]

Many thanks for the kind words. I'd definitely echo the war experience point: our lower tier pretty much fight from day 1 in the alliance. To hark back to a conversation that was swaying the cyberverse about a year ago, one of the major benefits of being a raiding alliance is that your lower tier get combat experience fast, and learn to work as groups fast.