Andre27

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='NewPoseidon' timestamp='1296111549' post='2605031']
Very disappointing. Many people in the PhR learned long ago that siding with the orders was a mistake. Oh well. Good luck and make sure you don't get dragged into anything with your eyes closed. I'm sure you have the best intentions.
[/quote]

Let the anger compel you to make the right choice NP. You're smart enough to pick the right side, and join your former comrades into the direction of order, rationality and rebirth ^_^

[quote name='NewPoseidon' timestamp='1296111549' post='2605031']
Very disappointing. Many people in the PhR learned long ago that siding with the orders was a mistake. Oh well. Good luck and make sure you don't get dragged into anything with your eyes closed. I'm sure you have the best intentions.
[/quote]

Phoenix Rising is an alliance which believes in second chances. We judge people and alliances by their actions.
This friendship has taken a long time to mature and i for one am proud to call NSO friends and allies. If anything this treaty was delayed far too long because of shadows from the past. In this post karma era it is not the former hegemony which represents the ugly acts of the past.

You should ask yourself if you can identify with the actions from your alliance and your side of the web. My conscience is clear, can you make the same claim?

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1296132169' post='2605423']
Phoenix Rising is an alliance which believes in second chances. We judge people and alliances by their actions.
This friendship has taken a long time to mature and i for one am proud to call NSO friends and allies. If anything this treaty was delayed far too long because of shadows from the past. In this post karma era it is not the former hegemony which represents the ugly acts of the past.

You should ask yourself if you can identify with the actions from your alliance and your side of the web. My conscience is clear, can you make the same claim?
[/quote]
Obviously I wasn't privy to any interactions between PhR and NSO, so I can't contradict you on that. And yes, my conscience is crystal clear. It just concerns me that you'd ally with such a controversial group on Bob, a group that will inevitably lead you to war sooner or later due to their penchant for getting (honorably or not, I realize we'd disagree) into trouble. That's the way it'll happen. I highly doubt that PhR leadership would goof up and stumble into a curbstomp with 50mil of NS, but NSO certainly could, and you'd be forced into the scared chicken/dead duck dilemma. On top of that, it really does increase the odds that former GGA'ers could end up on opposite sides of the firing line. I don't mean that as a threat or anything. It's just that VE and NSO don't have a positive relationship, and VE is allied with many other AA's on the green sphere, where the vast majority of us stayed when GGA crumbled. GGA is gone, so I suppose it's not fair to bring it up. But that's my feeling at the moment. Maybe the Jungle Accords will prevent anything like that.

[quote name='NewPoseidon' timestamp='1296133726' post='2605450']
VE is allied with many other AA's on the green sphere, where the vast majority of us stayed when GGA crumbled. GGA is gone, so I suppose it's not fair to bring it up. But that's my feeling at the moment. Maybe the Jungle Accords will prevent anything like that.
[/quote]

Yeah - and VE has done so much to uphold the ideals and principles behind the Jungle Accords, and they give two !@#$% about it and the alliances in it. I bet they were awfully welcoming to former GGA'ers too - have they told you how proud they are to finally see GGA gone? That they wish they had a hand in it's final minutes?

Phoenix's biggest mistake would have been to align that way - as per the mistakes they've witnessed through GGA, they've learned to identify the evils that were the Orders back when it was a bad time for them. Those evils aren't here now, and they certainly aren't in this Order.