Maximum Troop Deployment

mikeyw

When I deploy troops, there is a minimum number to avoid going into anarchy, losing tech / infra etc. If I exceed that limit and deploy all troops, do Ground Attacks and then purchase more troops before my enemy looks at the GA screen, do I still go into anarchy and lose tech / infra etc. Or is it dep[endant on the enemy attacking me while I am entirely undefended?

From the Game Update Log:

[quote=Jun 9 2009]Nations that are at war who self anarchy themselves who have not already received a defeat alert that day will now be deducted the equivalent of a ground battle defeat alert with damage modifiers based on their opponent with the highest technology level. Damage from self anarchy now includes the loss of spies, technology levels, infrastructure levels, and money in addition to the usual Anarchy penalty. These totals can be pre-determined before a deployment is issued by clicking the 'Confirm Deployment' button on the military deployment screen. If a nation is not at war then these damage additions to spies, technology, and infrastructure will not apply.[/quote]
Short answer: yes, you will take damage if you overdeploy before you suffer a defeat alert.

As a note, receiving a nuke counts as a defeat alert, so the self anarchying doesn't do anything to you ([i]as long as[/i] you have already been nuked that day).

Keep in mind, if ANY of your opponents looks at his Ground Attack screen, your troops will come home immediately (even if they don't try to attack), so you must be fast or your opponent must not log in much.