Best. War. Ever.

Hyperion321

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1296526934' post='2613744']
Yep. Polar is obviously getting reps, but there is no point to any fringe alliance having to pay anything...even NPO.
[/quote]
Um...Have you been reading the same OWF that I have? Cause I'm fairly sure that DH intends to have NPO pay a lot of reps, as well as reps from NPO's allies.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1296527069' post='2613746']
Um...Have you been reading the same OWF that I have? Cause I'm fairly sure that DH intends to have NPO pay a lot of reps, as well as reps from NPO's allies.
[/quote]
Have you actually asked them...

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1296527069' post='2613746']
[/quote]
The OWF is certainly the best place to get objective facts about the opinions of GOONS/MK/Umb et al.

On another note, I now have the chance to nuke Rebel Virgina.

Best. War. Ever.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1296527206' post='2613748']
Have you actually asked them...
[/quote]
Nope.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1296527509' post='2613753']
The OWF is certainly the best place to get objective facts about the opinions of GOONS/MK/Umb et al.
[/quote]
I mean, I feel like if it's coming from GOONS/MK/Umb et al. then it should be pretty representative of those alliance's opinions.

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1296528557' post='2613773']
Nope.
[/quote]
Then you have no basis to say what they will/will not do. I have actually talked to members of doomhouse, and literally all of them have expressed that there is a widespread lack of desire for reparations.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1296531110' post='2613819']
Then you have no basis to say what they will/will not do. I have actually talked to members of doomhouse, and literally all of them have expressed that there is a widespread lack of desire for reparations.
[/quote]
I sincerely doubt DH will ask for anything beyond light reparations. Maybe FAN will though.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1296531110' post='2613819']
[/quote]
[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1296529471' post='2613786']
We have charged reps to every alliance who has attacked us, regardless of reason, and I see no reason to change that policy now.
[/quote]
Sup? I'm going to assume when the leader of GOONS says something in public he means it.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1296533317' post='2613884']
He's talking about the people dogpiling GOONS, not NPO.
[/quote]
Does that change the fact that reps are in fact a very real factor in this war, as opposed to what Hyperion suggested? Also, I'm sure I can find a number of quotes from Sardonic about getting reps from the NPO.

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1296533864' post='2613905']Does that change the fact that reps are in fact a very real factor in this war, as opposed to what Hyperion suggested?[/quote]
Why are you using Hyperion's posts as an argument against mine again?

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1296533864' post='2613905']Also, I'm sure I can find a number of quotes from Sardonic about getting reps from the NPO.[/quote]
I invite you to try before shooting your mouth off about what you're "sure" you can do.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1296534280' post='2613925']
Why are you using Hyperion's posts as an argument against mine again?

I invite you to try before shooting your mouth off about what you're "sure" you can do.
[/quote]
Because he stated that he didn't think anyone except Polar would be getting reps, and I was saying it was actually a very real possibility. That's why.

If I have time I might take you up on that other offer as well.
[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1296534943' post='2613951']
Wow, the history books are already being rewritten to say that NPO attacked GOONS!
[/quote]
Is it better to demand reps from alliances that are only following treaty obligations? Also, why would I want to rewrite history that NPO attacked GOONS? You all handed me the history that I wanted.

Edited by Sulmar

BiPolar was more fun. Polar was in a much better position at that point and VE did not have an overwhelming advantage. SUM and I were actually at a disadvantage in our targets (2v3, declared up, countered by higher level opponents, etc). And it was a nice, clean war, with no shens and a clear moral basis for action for VE. Good and proper.

Despite popular belief, an Aggressor's demand is not automatically translated into an agreement. The other side has the ability to say no, a judgement based on the relative merits of getting peace with terms vs having war. Considering we were attacked for existing after completing our previous terms, we do not particularly take the view that further reps are going to improve our long-term situation compared to continued war, and would thus be very unlikely to accept anything of the sort.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1296588913' post='2614887']
Despite popular belief, an Aggressor's demand is not automatically translated into an agreement. The other side has the ability to say no, a judgement based on the relative merits of getting peace with terms vs having war. Considering we were attacked for existing after completing our previous terms, we do not particularly take the view that further reps are going to improve our long-term situation compared to continued war, and would thus be very unlikely to accept anything of the sort.
[/quote]
Glad to hear it.

[quote name='Sulmar' timestamp='1296535327' post='2613956']
Is it better to demand reps from alliances that are only following treaty obligations? Also, why would I want to rewrite history that NPO attacked GOONS? You all handed me the history that I wanted.
[/quote]
I was trying to point out that Sardonic saying that we're going to charge reps from those who attacked us does not include NPO, as NPO did not attack us. It is true that we do seek reps from alliances that attack us, but we do try to make fair judgement of what we're owed.

That being said, it's far too early in the game to be making definitive predictions about these sorts of things.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1296592932' post='2614945']
I was trying to point out that Sardonic saying that we're going to charge reps from those who attacked us does not include NPO, as NPO did not attack us. It is true that we do seek reps from alliances that attack us, but we do try to make fair judgement of what we're owed.

That being said, it's far too early in the game to be making definitive predictions about these sorts of things.
[/quote]
Out of curiosity, what do you personally believe is fair reps for an alliance that came into the war on a defense treaty? Let's say TPF for the sake of discussion.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1296594312' post='2614970']
Out of curiosity, what do you personally believe is fair reps for an alliance that came into the war on a defense treaty? Let's say TPF for the sake of discussion.
[/quote]
For TPF specifically, at this point in time, I'd say somewhere around 200M (with some portion of that in tech). Plus at least one entertaining term. Size of the alliance is a big factor, as well as whether or not they take their upper tier out of PM.

I enjoy reps more for their intrinsic value than their monetary, which is why I'm so flexible on the figure. Honestly I'm tempted to just ask for 90M from each alliance attacking us due to our "precedent." I'm more concerned about a sincere admission of defeat, plus whatever other poem or picture we ask them to do.

That being said, there's a reason I prefer to keep myself far away from rep negotiations.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1296595705' post='2615008']
For TPF specifically, at this point in time, I'd say somewhere around 200M (with some portion of that in tech). Plus at least one entertaining term. Size of the alliance is a big factor, as well as whether or not they take their upper tier out of PM.

I enjoy reps more for their intrinsic value than their monetary, which is why I'm so flexible on the figure. Honestly I'm tempted to just ask for 90M from each alliance attacking us due to our "precedent." I'm more concerned about a sincere admission of defeat, plus whatever other poem or picture we ask them to do.

That being said, there's a reason I prefer to keep myself far away from rep negotiations.
[/quote]
Eh, personally I disagree with tacking on monetary reps just because they were too scared to use anything above 45k. The humiliation in accepting that they are too inferior to fight with anything but lowbies would be good enough for me.