Sparta - Declaration of War

Lukapaka

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1295853814' post='2596194']
I guess because I know IRON, just like you know STA. How long has STA been aligned with NpO? They have been on their side taking beatdowns for them and winning wars with them for so long...see the similarity? Maybe you don't, but like I said...I know IRON.

As to joining in when your alliance tells you to...well, what the hell they waiting for? It's obvious you all love NpO at this point.

Double edit: I honestly have no idea what IRON thinks of this war or what side if any they would consider joining. Regardless, they are good allies to us, and have been so I care little for the opinion of them on those that do not know them.
[/quote]

Yeah don't forget whenever Polar helped STA out during Karma war.

Either way, this is delicious. Enjoy the ghost-busting and pummelling you'll do to Sparta, AZTEC!

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The moral of the whole story to this declaration of war is this: we don't care about you. A short letter to NOIR in the form of the OP DoW. A statement that I firmly believe now, the rest of NOIR most likely would send right back to you. If there is one major thing I have learned about Cyber Nations in my 4 1/2 years of playing it is this; if we find a better overlord, we will dump you. If we find someone with more power, we will dump you. If we feel it is safer to drink the kool-aid of someone else, then by all means, we will. We won't even test it first for poison.

I don't care about past wrong-doings to whoever, Sparta, you have proved what you are. Double-crossing and opportunistic. No need to further clarify that position anymore. Sealed, signed and delivered.

Thanks for playing.

The attacks on Sparta for not having a bunch of ghost declarations so their could be an official treaty link for this is pretty silly.

They picked their side based on who their allies and friends are, and now they are helping that side win. I have no problem with this.

Good luck Sparta!

When will people realize that color politics died 2 years ago. This was bound to happen sooner or later. Also, welcome to the 'Coalition Warfare'. The irony here is delicious. Some of you still find the concept of 'Coalition warfare' alien, understandable, given the flip flops of the last war.

Much respect to NV and GL Sparta.

NOIR will get raped every major war henceforth unless you guys get rid of political clauses.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1295849046' post='2595899']
Kind of like how TOP tells IRON to do things.
[/quote]
Ok so to the tangent on the side...
Listen dude, If my memory serves me right, TOP joined in pretty late, IRON had joined much earlier after being requested by a common ally of IRON and Polaris, so you connect the dots on how the communication may have gone between IRON and TOP. I recall the floods of private queries daily asking is TOP joining or not?. We do not disagree on how things unfolded later on. So I will leave it at that.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1295856332' post='2596253']
The attacks on Sparta for not having a bunch of ghost declarations so their could be an official treaty link for this is pretty silly.

They picked their side based on who their allies and friends are, and now they are helping that side win. I have no problem with this.

Good luck Sparta!
[/quote]

Of course you have no problem with this, they are on your side. :rolleyes:

Edited by D34th

[quote name='ImperialCubanacan' timestamp='1295856200' post='2596246']
The moral of the whole story to this declaration of war is this: we don't care about you. A short letter to NOIR in the form of the OP DoW. A statement that I firmly believe now, the rest of NOIR most likely would send right back to you. If there is one major thing I have learned about Cyber Nations in my 4 1/2 years of playing it is this; if we find a better overlord, we will dump you. If we find someone with more power, we will dump you. If we feel it is safer to drink the kool-aid of someone else, then by all means, we will. We won't even test it first for poison.

I don't care about past wrong-doings to whoever, Sparta, you have proved what you are. Double-crossing and opportunistic. No need to further clarify that position anymore. Sealed, signed and delivered.

Thanks for playing.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that actively plotting to attack an ally of three (count em, three!) NOIR members with no CB at all registers a lower score on your absurd HONOR scale than Sparta attacking Nueva Vida as part of a global coalition war. Please don't insult our intelligence by insinuating that Nordreich has cared about the spirit of the NOIR at all in the last six months. All you see it as is a good tool to keep alliances like Umbrella or Poison Clan off your back in a situation like the one we're in right now. Your indignant rage at Sparta is !@#$@#$ laughable at best.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1295857127' post='2596269']
You're very cheerful for a fellow whose alliance is currently being ground into a fine powder.
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not like you who were raging and screaming like a girl when TOP was being beaten. :laugh:

Edited by D34th

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1295857265' post='2596272']
I'm pretty sure that actively plotting to attack an ally of three (count em, three!) NOIR members with no CB at all registers a lower score on your absurd HONOR scale than Sparta attacking Nueva Vida as part of a global coalition war. Please don't insult our intelligence by insinuating that Nordreich has cared about the spirit of the NOIR at all in the last six months. All you see it as is a good tool to keep alliances like Umbrella or Poison Clan off your back in a situation like the one we're in right now. Your indignant rage at Sparta is !@#$@#$ laughable at best.
[/quote]

That "plot" was, at best, a novelty to us, and this has long since been cleared up with GOONS in private. Our involvement in that putative coalition consisted of Kingzog and a single member of our cabinet being invited to an IRC channel. You are mistaken in thinking that we view the treaty as a "tool" as such. In truth, it seems to be a standard strategic move for one member of NOIR to declare war against the allies of another member in larger wars such as this. I do not fault Sparta for this; rather, I fault them for using this strategy where treaty obligations did not require it, and just days after telling me in private that they intended to remain neutral. In any case, I wish a swift and satisfactory resolution for both parties.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1295857265' post='2596272']
Please don't insult our intelligence by insinuating that Nordreich has cared about the spirit of the NOIR at all in the last six months. All you see it as is a good tool to keep alliances like Umbrella or Poison Clan off your back in a situation like the one we're in right now. Your indignant rage at Sparta is !@#$@#$ laughable at best.
[/quote]
Nordreich takes all of our treaty obligations very seriously, including NOIR. We would never knowingly act against its articles and to my knowledge, never have. But what would I know? I'm just our MoFA. I was going to play the "No u" game here, but let's not do that. I see no reason why we'd have PC or Umbrella on our backs in the first place, so we certainly don't need NOIR to do so.

And when you declare on on of our allies, you're bound to hear from us one way or another. I see no rage, simply justified discource.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1295856731' post='2596264']
Only the disHONORable will realize it, to be sure.
[/quote]

Wrong. I, the high priest of moralism and grand arbiter of honour, have long opposed team unity pacts based on the fact that assuming everyone on a team will share the same friends and political outlook is idiotic. But keep blovating about HONOR or better still, let's hear the B-side.

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1295853092' post='2596173']
EDIT: STA and other allies you have spoken of really have ridden the curtails of NpO. I have no regard for them as I do for IRON, or Argent. I think your logic is hypocritical.
[/quote]

STA is riding on NpO's cut shorts? I thought Grub wore a thong.

Anyway, I think you are projecting a bit here. Not every long term alliance requires one ally to be subservient to the other. Alas, I hold out little hope you'll stop prattling on about things you know nothing of.

[quote name='Trinite' timestamp='1295849766' post='2595960']
Well you have to look at it in the context of a coalition war. When an ally asks for help for the greater good of a war of this magnitude you have to... Yeah. This is the FIRST time I don't really disagree with the criticism of Sparta. [b]To be fair some ghost DoWs backed out at the last minute, but this is... I don't even know.[/b] I wasn't in the room.

w/e

Fighting NV should be fun. I look forward to AZTEC joining soon. :)
[/quote]

Quite a few alliances backed out last minute I take it?

Pick one line and run with it, this is a coalition war so you disregarded treaties and just up and attacked NV to prevent NoR & DT backing them or there were more alliances who were meant to be declaring to give you a route in and none of them showed up.

Oh and so do I. :D

[quote name='Trinite' timestamp='1295852469' post='2596148']
I'll accept a lot of criticism for this. It was a mistake, but saying this makes us strategically secure is one thing I don't think you can accuse us of here. My infra will dislike this decision just as much as I do.

On another note, I don't know Legacy or whether they had good reasons, but I kind of hate them right now.
[/quote]

What a pathetic excuse. You're not sorry, Umbrella gave you all orders to carry out and you do it with utmost obedience to their every word. You're awful friends and you saying it was a "mistake" short thereafter the fact isn't going to help you out at all in the grand scheme of things.