Sparta - Declaration of War

Lukapaka

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1295890069' post='2596763']
Treaties mean nothing! Wheeeeee!
[/quote]
Yes, that is exactly what I said. When is TPF honoring their treaty with STA then (Not to bring up that herpderp point again, even I think its stupid)?

NV jumped in the war attacking one of our allies. Sparta went in to assist said ally or something. I shouldn't need to number the points for you to connect a few dots here.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='itida' timestamp='1295886673' post='2596676']
Go Go Go..
o/ Sparta
[/quote]

Things must look bleak if Sparta has to cheer for itself :P

Anyway, no problems with either alliance so i wish both the best of luck. Enjoy yourselves.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1295890247' post='2596771']
See, not every alliance is like Polar. Fighting on both sides of a war you started is mind numbingly stupid. Not that I wouldn't expect anything different from you or your alliance. I know that this will be lost on the likes of you, and will be twisted to mean whatever you think I said/wanted me to say. Also, if you read a little further, you would know I said I didn't particularly like it. NV is an alliance I have nothing against.
[/quote]

Oh my bad, so let me fix what I said: So you don't care if your alliance doesn't honor it treaties if [s]that helps you to win[/s]said allies aren't in your side.

Fixed ;)

lol we all know how this is gonna go:
1) Sparta starts getting their butt kicked
2) they go to umbrella or another ally and get them to save their ass by having them declare in support of them or by having members of allies switch over to fight on the sparta AA.
3) Sparta watches as their allies do the dirty work
4) Sparta brags about their war achievement and demands huge reps from NV
5) wait till next war and start from step 1 again

pathetic show Sparta

[quote name='Lukapaka' timestamp='1295847426' post='2595665']By the request of our allies involved in this expanding war, Sparta hereby declares war against the Nueva Vida.
[/quote]

And what allies are those? wF has only Legacy and VE and Legacy only has wF and CSN. I'm not criticizing you or anything, I'm just curious to see your thought process.

[quote name='Exige' timestamp='1295890666' post='2596783']
2) they go to umbrella or another ally and get them to save their ass by having them declare in support of them or by having members of allies switch over to fight on the sparta AA.

pathetic show Sparta
[/quote]

Spartan war precedent would suggest that this is true.

Clearly, color politics hasn't died out, if this many people are upset over Sparta's decision. There seem to still be some here who put a certain value on treaties signed with other members of their color sphere. Regardless, I'm enjoying Sparta's underhanded decision here because it means I get to see them burn.

Give 'em Hell, NV! o/

Edited by assarax

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1295886952' post='2596688']
Except for the fact that I was absent for most of the discussion and have not been a member of Nordreich's government since long before that discussion took place, you make a very good point.
[/quote]
This is true, roughly. However, it came to my attention after the fact that Zeppelin, who shows up multiple times in the logs *is* active NoR government. I hadn't known that at the time we had our chat, but I find it extremely disingenuous for you to say that your government had no official involvement with him being there.

EDIT: I know he's not in any of the quoted WCE portions but I'm positive I remember seeing his name in either #redtech or #strategos .

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1295887878' post='2596705']
Umbrella attacked NV in Bipolar last year, who at the time, was allied to MK. I didn't see people complaining about that.

And you act as if Umbrella, VE, and Sparta have never talked to each other. Ever. Seriously? This is your argument?
[/quote]

So VE approved of an attack on Nueva Vida without informing NV and against the spirit and letter of the treaty signed 3 years ago? Noted.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1295890388' post='2596775']
Yes, that is exactly what I said. When is TPF honoring their treaty with STA then (Not to bring up that herpderp point again, even I think its stupid)?

NV jumped in the war attacking one of our allies. Sparta went in to assist said ally or something. I shouldn't need to number the points for you to connect a few dots here.
[/quote]

Your point would hold merit if there actually was a defensive obligation for Sparta.

I'm going to say this once. Nordreich, you are not our ally. You are an ODP member of an economic bloc that was actively planning to roll with an enemy bloc. If you really wanted to get technical, you could have informed us that you were planning on hitting whoever hit NV, but I guess the whole "intel clause" only goes one way doesn't. On the first day of the war you got me into a chan and actually tried to recruit Sparta into defending you on the other side in order to "change the power structure". How !@#$@#$ stupid do you think we are. We are not going to stand for a friggin ODP bloc mate actively plotting against the security of our closest friends, and we sure as hell don't owe you [i]any[/i] information after that stunt.

Nordreich, you are not our ally, and you obviously are not our friend. Umbrella is.

[size="6"][b]Umbrella > You[/b][/size]

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1295889807' post='2596757']
I don't really see how the treaty situation with Sparta matters. They are a sovereign alliance, they should be able to dictate their own moves, not treaties dictating for them. Your Sith pals would agree with that. I don't really care about the declaration. It was done to help relieve pressure on one of our allies. Do I like it, not particularly. Do I understand it, yes.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I agree, they are supposedly a sovereign alliance (we can debate that later), but they do have the right to declare any war they would like without having to have a treaty to chain them in. You did see us praising them earlier for the invocation of our Moldavi Doctrine (even if they did forget to cite it as so), no? However, I am critical of them ignoring NOIR, and for using it for rather sneaky and dishonest purposes. Not that there is anything wrong that. More than anything else about this I just simply don't like Sparta.[/color]

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1295892322' post='2596817']
I'm going to say this once. Nordreich, you are not our ally. You are an ODP member of an economic bloc that was actively planning to roll with an enemy bloc. If you really wanted to get technical, you could have informed us that you were planning on hitting whoever hit NV, but I guess the whole "intel clause" only goes one way doesn't. On the first day of the war you got me into a chan and actually tried to recruit Sparta into defending you on the other side in order to "change the power structure". How !@#$@#$ stupid do you think we are. We are not going to stand for a friggin ODP bloc mate actively plotting against the security of our closest friends, and we sure as hell don't owe you [i]any[/i] information after that stunt.

Nordreich, you are not our ally, and you obviously are not our friend. Umbrella is.

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'll be saving this for a future where Umbrella is on the losing side of a war.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[/quote]
So, if they got you into a channel to try to get you onto the "other side" then you were indeed actually informed.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1295892559' post='2596821']
So, if they got you into a channel to try to get you onto the "other side" then you were indeed actually informed.
[/quote]
We were informed of their intention to be on the other side, but not of their intention to back NV. This was before NV changed sides, however, and now that I think about it wouldn't be surprised if NoR flipped them in the first place. After we said no, they never came to us again.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1295892814' post='2596826']
We were informed of their intention to be on the other side, but not of their intention to back NV. This was before NV changed sides, however, and now that I think about it wouldn't be surprised if NoR flipped them in the first place. After we said no, they never came to us again.
[/quote]
Okay, so you are spouting mindless propaganda dribble and you were informed, thanks for making that clear.

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]NoR backing up NV comes as a surprise to you? Good Lord Sparta![/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Exige' timestamp='1295890666' post='2596783']

pathetic show Sparta
[/quote]

lolwut @ #2

Then again stage 2 for NoR was disband and wait until the coast is clear to re-emerge.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1295892559' post='2596821']
[/quote]

or when they announced their MDP on the OWF too. That kind of tells me they're going to defend NV. Maybe I put things together faster than Sparta though?

[/quote]

So wait, you know that NV has a treaty with NoR, you know that NV has plans to go to the other side and you know that the NV-NoR treaty is among the most solid in the game and you couldn't see them defending us when they told you where they'd be in the war?

[quote name='LJ Scott' timestamp='1295893585' post='2596844']
I actually think NoR pulled it before VE. Tho I'm not 100% sure on that.
[/quote]

VE re-formed back in 07. NoR re-formed I believe just after Karma. Only reason I know this is because I was around to read NoR's re-DoE. I was not here for VE's.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1295893717' post='2596845']
VE re-formed back in 07. NoR re-formed I believe just after Karma. Only reason I know this is because I was around to read NoR's re-DoE. I was not here for VE's.
[/quote]

I was more referring to the initial disbandment, which the wiki cites NoR disbanding May 2nd 2007, and VE disbanding May 25th 2007.

[/quote]

listen up son, we would have had no trouble with this if you had attacked one of our allies if they had attacked one of your allies. Yet you attack one of our allies without any CB, well knowing that unlike Sparta, NoR honours the treaties they sign, so you abused the thing on purpose. We understand that allies are more important than an ODP bloc, that's why we wouldn't have called you out if you had attacked NV as response to them attacking one of those allies. NV didn't attack any of your allies tho, so the whole allies > ODP bloc argument is invalid.

[/quote]

If their not your ally why do you have optional defense and intel with them then? :blink:
But then again I guess some equals are more equal in Sparta's eyes. Seen that before...