Sparta - Declaration of War

Lukapaka

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1295884436' post='2596639']
a group of cowardly opportunists.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]To be fair to Sparta, if you didn't know this about them even after knowing their entire history, I don't suppose I can feel too sorry for you.[/color]

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1295884436' post='2596639']
[i]O tempora! O mores! [/i]

You have set the precedent that in wartime any alliance may declare on any other alliance on the other 'side' for the flimsiest reason imaginable.

You have flagrantly violated the intelligence clause of the NOIR agreement; an economic and ODP treaty that Sparta was largely responsible for creating.

You have chosen your path. You have decided which of your allies are not merely your friends, but your masters. It is my hope that, if only for their own sake, the rest of your allies now see you for what you truly are, a group of cowardly opportunists.

Your so-called 'combined Nation Strength' is merely a meaningless statistic. You are weak and you are liars. Whatever short-term strategic gain you have achieved from this has been blotted out by the justifiable disgust of so many.

You have proven what so many have said about Sparta for so long.

I give you your new motto:
[center]
[color="#FF0000"][size="5"][b]DOLIUM VOLVITUR[/b][/size][/color]

[size="3"]An empty cask is easily rolled.[/size][/center]
[/quote]

Hah! As a participant in the WCE you have no right to complain about the violation of NOIR.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1295884770' post='2596643']
Hah! As a participant in the WCE you have no right to complain about the violation of NOIR.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You guys really do love that line, don't you? Doesn't make it remotely true in the slightest, however. I was there, and aside from being invited to a channel and joining, neither Zog nor anyone else from NoR said a word.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1295885157' post='2596648']
[color="#0000FF"]You guys really do love that line, don't you? Doesn't make it remotely true in the slightest, however. I was there, and aside from being invited to a channel and joining, neither Zog nor anyone else from NoR said a word.[/color]
[/quote]

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&blogid=341&showentry=2166]Never said a word[/url]

Do not try and take the moral high ground for it is not yours to take.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1295885298' post='2596652']
[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&blogid=341&showentry=2166]Never said a word[/url]

Do not try and take the moral high ground for it is not yours to take.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You do realize he wasn't authorized to be there by NoR, nor was he even an active government member at the time?

Also, the moral high ground. Hilarious coming from a member of your alliance.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1295885559' post='2596656']
[color="#0000FF"]You do realize he wasn't authorized to be there by NoR, nor was he even an active government member at the time?

Also, the moral high ground. Hilarious coming from a member of your alliance.[/color]
[/quote]

He was actively involved in the backchannel discussions, his intentions were clear. Therefore his cries of "you have violated NOIR" are entirely unjustified.

I never try to claim the moral high ground as it is no place for a politician.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1295881390' post='2596582']
Do you also find it hilarious that Umbrella, a blocmate of your Alliance, requested Sparta to attack an ally of VE? Are you also laughing about that? :rolleyes:
[/quote]
I think its hilarious how many straws you have to grasp at, and then repeat ad nausium, to make yourself feel witty.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1295885868' post='2596664']
I think its hilarious how many straws you have to grasp at, and then repeat ad nausium, to make yourself feel witty.
[/quote]

One day people of your alliance will understand that the truth doesn't become less truthful after being repeated countless times.

[quote name='mrcalkin' timestamp='1295881746' post='2596592']
If it pisses you off D34th, I find it hilarious.
[/quote]

It should piss off VE not me, but looks like it doesn't.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1295884770' post='2596643']
[/quote]
Except for the fact that I was absent for most of the discussion and have not been a member of Nordreich's government since long before that discussion took place, you make a very good point.

If you will remove your head from your posterior for a moment and have a chat with your ally, you might learn that Sardonic acknowledged all of the above when I spoke to him a few days later. He and I had a frank discussion about what appeared to Nordreich as very aggressive posturing on the part of GOONS. The matter was resolved and then dropped.

For you to bring it up now to try to score a few political points is hilarious, mostly because you are quite simply wrong.

That you and others in the PB&J crowd are trying to use it to defend "two wrongs make a right" is indicative of your character, not ours.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1295886708' post='2596677']
One day people of your alliance will understand that the truth doesn't become less truthful after being repeated countless times.
[/quote]
One day you will realize repeating the same point just shows how little you really have to say. You're like a little yapping dog, you just have an annoying yelp.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1295887068' post='2596690']
One day you will realize repeating the same point just shows how little you really have to say. You're like a little yapping dog, you just have an annoying yelp.
[/quote]

Are you annoyed? Nice! :awesome:

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1295881390' post='2596582']
Do you also find it hilarious that Umbrella, a blocmate of your Alliance, requested Sparta to attack an ally of VE? Are you also laughing about that? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Umbrella attacked NV in Bipolar last year, who at the time, was allied to MK. I didn't see people complaining about that.

And you act as if Umbrella, VE, and Sparta have never talked to each other. Ever. Seriously? This is your argument?

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1295886952' post='2596688']
Except for the fact that I was absent for most of the discussion and have not been a member of Nordreich's government since long before that discussion took place, you make a very good point.

If you will remove your head from your posterior for a moment and have a chat with your ally, you might learn that Sardonic acknowledged all of the above when I spoke to him a few days later. He and I had a frank discussion about what appeared to Nordreich as very aggressive posturing on the part of GOONS. The matter was resolved and then dropped.

For you to bring it up now to try to score a few political points is hilarious, mostly because you are quite simply wrong.

That you and others in the PB&J crowd are trying to use it to defend "two wrongs make a right" is indicative of your character, not ours.
[/quote]

I accept that you may not have participated in it for the most part and that it was resolved at a later date. However, you were there to begin with and you did support the idea of rolling GOONS despite the NOIR treaty. The fact you were not a government official is irrelevant. I would have no qualms with other members of NoR coming forward and calling Sparta out, but I specifically remembered you being involved in the talks and there is evidence to show that.

I'm not using this to defend "two wrongs make a right" there is no right as far as I am concerned. I am merely calling you out on something relating to the not too distant past which at first you appeared to conveniently forget about.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1295887819' post='2596704']
Not quite. Keep yapping and it may happen.
[/quote]

As you wish, so I realize that even after I repeat the same questions countless time I haven't seem an answer yet, so tell me, how do you/VE feel knowing that Umbrella asked Sparta to attack an ally of yours without any treaty to back it attacks? Answer and I'll quit "yapping" ;)

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1295887878' post='2596705']
Umbrella attacked NV in Bipolar last year, who at the time, was allied to MK. I didn't see people complaining about that.

And you act as if Umbrella, VE, and Sparta have never talked to each other. Ever. Seriously? This is your argument?
[/quote]

Oh nice, so we can affirm that Umbrella informed to VE that they would send Sparta to attack one of their allies and since the attack happened we can also affirm that VE was ok about that.

[quote][b][url="http://www.nuevavida-cn.net/index.php?/topic/39-mdoap-nv-ve/"]The "V" Accords:[/url][/b]

[b]Article IV – OVERT HOSTILE ACTIVITIES[/b]
Neither signatory alliance will knowingly engage in the use of sanctions against member nations of the other signatory alliance without formal, written permission from the other signatory alliance. [color="#FF0000"]Neither signatory alliance shall [b]endorse[/b], fund, [b]approve[/b] or engage in military action against the other signatory alliance[/color]. If an individual member nation of either signatory alliance is found in violation of this article, it shall be directed to offer peace and reparations equivalent to 1.5 times the total damages inflicted. Though not required, defending nations shall be encouraged to defer reprisal actions until a diplomatic solution can be reached.[/quote]

Nice to see how VE honor it's treaties...

Edited by D34th

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1295851883' post='2596105']
http://www.cybernations.net/search.asp?searchstring=Alliance%2CGovernment_Type&search=nueva+vida+anarchy&anyallexact=all&Strength1=&Strength2=

Apparently one minute later they anarchied another 14
[/quote]
Care to re-do the anarchy count? Current stats are showing 16 in NV, 22 in Sparta... and Sparta seems to have primarily targeted our inactives?

Dear Sparta,

You have done a terrible thing and now you will pay for it by not being able to endlessly whine on about how honourable you are, complain about how things aren't done like they used to be and be hailed by mindless moralists who nothing better then massaging each other's egos amid feelings of smug superiority.

You will however have fun and do so with your friends by your side.

I pity you.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1295888010' post='2596709']
As you wish, so I realize that even after I repeat the same questions countless time I haven't seem an answer yet, so tell me, how do you/VE feel knowing that Umbrella asked Sparta to attack an ally of yours without any treaty to back it attacks? Answer and I'll quit "yapping" ;)
[/quote]
I don't really see how the treaty situation with Sparta matters. They are a sovereign alliance, they should be able to dictate their own moves, not treaties dictating for them. Your Sith pals would agree with that. I don't really care about the declaration. It was done to help relieve pressure on one of our allies. Do I like it, not particularly. Do I understand it, yes.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1295889807' post='2596757']
I don't really see how the treaty situation with Sparta matters. They are a sovereign alliance, they should be able to dictate their own moves, not treaties dictating for them. Your Sith pals would agree with that. I don't really care about the declaration. It was done to help relieve pressure on one of our allies. Do I like it, not particularly. Do I understand it, yes.
[/quote]

So you don't care if your alliance doesn't honor it treaties if that helps you to win, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the answer.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1295889807' post='2596757']
[/quote]
Treaties mean nothing! Wheeeeee!

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1295890008' post='2596762']
So you don't care if your alliance doesn't honor it treaties if that helps you to win, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the answer.
[/quote]
See, not every alliance is like Polar. Fighting on both sides of a war you started is mind numbingly stupid. Not that I wouldn't expect anything different from you or your alliance. I know that this will be lost on the likes of you, and will be twisted to mean whatever you think I said/wanted me to say. Also, if you read a little further, you would know I said I didn't particularly like it. NV is an alliance I have nothing against.