• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1295872709' post='2596437']
I hope NV make this slow and painful for you Sparta :smug:
[/quote]

I don't, I hope we reduce eachother to rubble as quickly as possible so I can get on with better things.

[quote name='Lukapaka' timestamp='1295847426' post='2595665']
By the request of our allies involved in this expanding war, Sparta hereby declares war against the Nueva Vida.
Let'shave a good fight, now.
[/quote]

No Causus Belli, eh?

No CB, just, apparently, "Things are going so bad we need to do whatever to shore things up and to keep our side from getting overwhelmed."

We're used to being attacked without a CB, my good friends in Sparta. We are used to that.

Hoka hey, we'll give you a good fight. We have our war, so we shall honor Huitzilopochtli and fight it with all our hearts in it - and your hearts will be in it, too, when they are sacrificed to Huitzilopochtli.

Your declaration of war is from Tezcatlipoca, The Enemy of Both Sides. Hoka hey, it is Wankan Tanka to fight against such things.

HOKA HEY!

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1295850133' post='2595986']
I guess it just boils down that when it comes to war, we are willing to do whatever it takes for our side to win. In this case, that was hitting NV.
[/quote]

NV: The alliance that very nearly ended it all. :smug

People still like to ask me from time to time why I left Sparta to go to GLOF. I think this pretty much answers that question in a very public way.

Sparta is a puppet. Nothing more, nothing less. They take great pride in the accomplishments of their friends. They boast of never losing a war, when we all know they've never actually won one. Just because your friends win while you get kicked in the teeth you pretend that you are the victor? Sorry, but that's not how the world works.

But in reality, this does several things for the VE fans out there. First, when Sparta is used as a shield they aren't totally useless. They can take a beating for their allies. Second, it will allow some Spartan allies to enter the war, thus expanding the NS on the VE side of the conflict. Third, it ensures that AZTEC will be busy with Sparta and likely MHA and thus unable to expand beyond that front. And finally, it gives us something to talk about that doesn't include the name of the idiot that takes credit for starting this conflict.

I'm really just wondering how long NV will allow their tech raid to continue. They're going to love seeing their tech levels go up daily during the war, so much so that they may refuse to ever accept peace.

[quote name='Bergerland' timestamp='1295866644' post='2596388']
I find it hilarious that a very many people have shown distaste for treaty chains and have said alliances should just up and declare war, but when it actually happens the vast majority of the thread is incessant whining.
[/quote]

Do you also find it hilarious that Umbrella, a blocmate of your Alliance, requested Sparta to attack an ally of VE? Are you also laughing about that? :rolleyes:

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1295881390' post='2596582']
Do you also find it hilarious that Umbrella, a blocmate of your Alliance, requested Sparta to attack an ally of VE? Are you also laughing about that? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

If it pisses you off D34th, I find it hilarious.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1295850133' post='2595986']
The criticism in this thread is understandable. I guess it just boils down that when it comes to war, we are willing to do whatever it takes for our side to win. In this case, that was hitting NV.
[/quote]

[i]O tempora! O mores! [/i]

You have set the precedent that in wartime any alliance may declare on any other alliance on the other 'side' for the flimsiest reason imaginable.

You have flagrantly violated the intelligence clause of the NOIR agreement; an economic and ODP treaty that Sparta was largely responsible for creating.

You have chosen your path. You have decided which of your allies are not merely your friends, but your masters. It is my hope that, if only for their own sake, the rest of your allies now see you for what you truly are, a group of cowardly opportunists.

Your so-called 'combined Nation Strength' is merely a meaningless statistic. You are weak and you are liars. Whatever short-term strategic gain you have achieved from this has been blotted out by the justifiable disgust of so many.

You have proven what so many have said about Sparta for so long.

I give you your new motto:
[center]
[color="#FF0000"][size="5"][b]DOLIUM VOLVITUR[/b][/size][/color]

[size="3"]An empty cask is easily rolled.[/size][/center]

Edited by Ashoka the Great