Disgraced THL Member. Please take the time to read.

Lordmaximus

I am making this announcement to inform the world of planet bob, that not all THL members have such lacking valor and honor. As the guild master of finance, i can tell you that i was never even once consulted on peace treaties. There seems to be a general lack of respect to members, and treaties. In order to get aid i had to complete an exam, one that spoke of the Kel Morain Combine, i had to know what this meant what this signified. I learned that we are honor and oath bound warriors, if our friends call we answer. If i needed to know this i expected the alliance to certainly value it as much as i was taught to.

After last nights 16-15 hour show, I am coming here today to say that i feel i have been lied to, disgraced, dishonored and I am extremely disappointed. I asked us to go to war a day prior to our declaration, The Conservative Underground asked for our assistance, we had a treaty that said we'd be there in defense of them if they were attacked however, at the word of more important government officials, I was told, NO, we aren't about to go into a war to get steam rolled. I feel, if you value friends you take an @*# beating for them, as they would do the same. I asked this in my declaration of resignation from my position and alliance affiliation of the hanseatic league.

Why have nuclear war head assistance programs if you will not use them when a friend needs them most?
Why build infrastructure, if you do not intend on massing armies to protect it?
Why own troops to protect your nation and your friends if you intend not to do so?

I am extremely disappointed, as a new member to this world, and a new member to the hanseatic league, i must say this show has put me off completely. So when the bashing goes to them, let this be known. Not all the members of The Hanseatic League, have so little honor and valor to their friends. However, because of this poor representation and lack of respect i feel from the peak of government officials in my alliance, i Hereby do declare to all of Planet Bob, My resignation as the Guild Master of Finance, and I am no longer affiliating with the alliance, with that said, yes i suppose i will be a free target of raiding and attack, unfortunately. But i do seek a new home, one that will value dedication to her friends such as I, one that will reward activity and dedication the the alliance that THL did offer, But one that will also uphold its promises to all, not just their own members.

It was a good run, i met many good people through this alliance and made many friends, but with me no longer supporting the wills of the higher officials in this alliance i can't see myself being apart of this alliance. I look forward to seeing what else Planet Bob may have to offer and I hope i will find a new home soon.

To the friends and former allies of mine, I wish you all good luck and a fond farewell. May the future bid you better dedication from the friends you make, that that of which you have shown today.

I regret having to do this, but i will not support such lack of valor, honor and dedication.

Sincerely Lord Maximus, and the people of Gallion. Good day and good bye.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt call them comrades to throw my interests under the rug like that, think what you will, they were wrong. as for hitting lost or other members, this wasnt my war, thl had a treaty to fulfill, if i am no longer part of thl, and thl has peaced out and backed out of fulfilling said treaty, it is no longer my place to fight, i appreciate the compliments and welcome the judging, im doing what i feel is right, save the bashing of all thl, and realize that im sure there are more members feeling disgraced for this poor showing of the gov.

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1295833539' post='2595017']
You feel like your alliance cut its allies loose to save itself, so you... publicly disparage your comrades to save your own image?
[/quote]

I do believe one of the keys points made here is the lack of communication within the government of THL and isn't an attack on all of the members of THL, as stated by this line:

"[i]Not all the members of The Hanseatic League, have so little honor and valor to their friends.[/i]"

Do you happen to be a leftist? :awesome:

Seriously though wherever you go we at INT certainly know the dangers of putting power in the hands of the few, and one of them certainly is that the "lesser" folks will end up suffering for the "greaters'" bad decisions. I think I speak for all of INT when I say we wish you and all the unheard THL members well.

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1295833750' post='2595022']
If serious, why not join TCU and continue to fight for them until the war has ended, and then either stay with TCU or join another alliance?
[/quote]

Exactly, if you really are shamed with what your alliance did, join TCU and keep fighting, also send messages to other members and spread the message.