NEAT War

iamwalrus

[quote name='iamwalrus' timestamp='1295763498' post='2593343']
We wish The Hanseatic League best of luck and we pray for a quick peace.
[b]Signed[/b]
[i]NEAT General Assembly[/i]
[/quote]

Classy as always. Hail NEAT!

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1295768092' post='2593535']
I think it's pretty funny that NEAT was rolled by GOD and Andromeda as a result of VE's stooge Ephriam Grey creating fabricated evidence as a CB along with Lord Boris spying on them, and now they're fighting on VE and GOD's side in a war that VE staged.
[/quote]

They are fighting on The International's side. I do not see any reference either in support of or against VE or GOD in the declaration, or for that matter any statement regarding VE's Casus belli. Knowing NEAT, IF they were acting in support of the politics that started the war, they would most certainly say so.

[quote name='Bordiga' timestamp='1295773481' post='2593677']
Once again I find myself regretting that you are tied by friendship to the International, people who would apparently ask you to fight alongside the criminals responsible for destroying your original community, when the International themselves did nothing to honour the treaty of optional defence that they held with you when Xiphosis and Ephriam Grey embarked on their bloody purge.[/quote]

However, since NEAT has reformed, The International has been a huge supporter of NEAT, as they have been of Lander Clan and my personal interests.

To people in general:

I grant that the treaty web can make some rather...ironic "allies by default" - but this is not the first time that has happened. At BEST it's unreasonable to expect any alliance to be restricted in their current actions as a result of their history, regardless of what that history happens to be. At worst, it's pigeonholing the group.

I see NEAT action here as perfectly within their ethical stances. They are supporting an alliance who supports them. If it were anything in addition to that, they would have made that clear.

Edited by White Chocolate

We in NEAT have NOT and will NEVER forget the people who destroyed our original community. This war is not fought for any side, but rather The International. They were in no place at the time of our first war to come to our defense, and the main fault lies on OBR who withdrew their protection of our alliance.

The International is the reason we are able to be in existence today, after we were forced to disband. We are long time friends with many members in that alliance and because of that ALONE we will fight for them. The International knows our dislike of many alliances who they are tied to through the web, and that is for us to sort out.

We in NEAT also recognize that the health of The International is important to the health of NEAT. We are unified in this world of corruption. Like my post states: We are fighting to honor a treaty and to preserve a friendship we hold close, but we do not blindly accept this war for the furthering of a political power structure.

White Chocolate is correct, if we did agree completely with our "side" of the war, (Like we did with the NEW war), we would have made a public statement about it. You should also recognize that we have not contacted you for support in this war (SC). That is for a reason.

Finally, I must state that because of the nature of our alliance, these statements are of my own. Each member may agree or disagree, but I do not speak as an official stance. Our official stance is what I posted....We fight for The International.

We pray for peace,
IAMWalrus

[quote=Schattenmann]I think it's pretty funny that NEAT was rolled by GOD and Andromeda as a result of VE's stooge Ephriam Grey creating fabricated evidence as a CB along with Lord Boris spying on them, and now they're fighting on VE and GOD's side in a war that VE staged. [/quote]

I think WC pritty much got this perfect.
On a personal note, I think the CB sucks and wish the NpO the best of luck, but only as second place in commparison to our friends at Int.

[quote=Bordiga]Once again I find myself regretting that you are tied by friendship to the International, people who would apparently ask you to fight alongside the criminals responsible for destroying your original community, when the International themselves did nothing to honour the treaty of optional defence that they held with you when Xiphosis and Ephriam Grey embarked on their bloody purge.[/quote]

There was no point them getting rolled by activating their ODP with NEAT.1, it would not have stoped us getting rolled. What doing that would have done is put Int in a weeker position when we reformed, and thus less efficient protectors (and latter allies), they made their reasons clear and we cant blame them for their decision but we can honour them for their transparency. For the same reason I dont hold a grudge against OBR for not activating our protectorate, however, OBR was by no means as transparent about its reasons, so I recognise their lack of honour for doing so and their reputation in my eyes has diminished considrably. WC and walrus's points are also correct, Int have been fantastic allies.

May the citys burn and the nukes fly.

Good luck THL
o/ NEAT
o/ Int

BTW: Disclaimer in sig.

Edited by cheezy

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1295764100' post='2593383']
I told you they'd come in, Walrus. Now go blow something up.

-Craig
[/quote]

For a moment, Craig, I thought you were talking to me. And then I re-read the OP.

Yeah....I'm smart like that.

Regardless, it pains me to see one of my bloc-mates in NOIR come under attack, regardless of which side of the war they happen to be on.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1295815554' post='2594349']
For a moment, Craig, I thought you were talking to me. And then I re-read the OP.

Yeah....I'm smart like that.

Regardless, it pains me to see one of my bloc-mates in NOIR come under attack, regardless of which side of the war they happen to be on.
[/quote]

You may be a walrus, but he is actually "Walrus" to me. Sorry for the confusion!

-Craig