\m/ >_< \m/

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1295697986' post='2591747']
Yeah, my bad, I guess you didn't realise who RoK were defending.
[/quote]
So we should ignore our oldest treaty which happens to be an MD treaty because you don't like how Ragnarok enterred the war?

It is an mutual defense, not optional defense, treaty. They enter a war to defend an ally, they get hit, their Mutual Defense treaties activate.

We have 2 MD level treaties so we don't have to pick and choose which friends to fight for. We are damn sure honoring them both.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1295698239' post='2591749']
This should have made us dishonor our treaty with RoK how? Why is honoring ones treaties such a hard concept to understand these days. And for the record, we have only two treaties, by choice, so it's not like we can elawyer and pick and choose who and where we fight.
[/quote]
Nobody is saying that you shouldn't honour your treaties, just that it's disappointing that you've ended up on that side given the events of a year ago. If that's because your only current treaties lead you to that side then so be it, but then it's indicative of a move that \m/ have been consciously making over the last year and doesn't make it any less disappointing.

Edited by Kowalski

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1295698640' post='2591754']
Nobody is saying that you shouldn't honour your treaties, just that it's disappointing that you've ended up on that side given the events of a year ago. If that's because your only current treaties lead you to that side then so be it, but then it's indicative of a move that \m/ have been gradually making over the last year and doesn't make it any less disappointing.
[/quote]
We haven't been the only ones to make moves. SLCB chose to spy on us and treat us like worse then Impero treated us a few months ago. Poison Clan has criticized us and expected us to do as they said, yet never accepted our critiques of them, demanded things of us that they flat out refused to do when we asked the same of them, and Impero treated us like dirt. All of this in the past year. I won't deny we've made some moves opening up to where we may have been closed minded before, but when you put it together from our viewpoint of things your "side" has never been very inviting to us, not even when you were supposedly defending us last year You spent lots of time badmouthing us then, and saying you were not enterring for \m/, but for PC and FOK. Your "side" has also been downright hostile towards us many times, blatantly stating a desire to roll us, make us pay reps and disband us. Granted so has the "other" side, but they have at least tried to make amends, your "side" has never done so. They've branched out, and I can honestly say right now after CitizenKane and I had our little "chat" tonight that my opinion of NpO is greater than that of PC, if what CK told me was true and is a view shared by PC gov.

Regarding war, \m/ has never, not the "old" \m/ nor the "new" one, has ever neglected or not honored any of our treaties, ever. We are not starting now.

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1295698640' post='2591754']
Nobody is saying that you shouldn't honour your treaties, just that it's disappointing that you've ended up on that side given the events of a year ago. If that's because your only current treaties lead you to that side then so be it, but then it's indicative of a move that \m/ have been consciously making over the last year and doesn't make it any less disappointing.
[/quote]
A year ago, within hours of the war beginning with Polaris we were threatened with white peace by AlmightyGrub. Tonight, within hours of entering the war we've had multiple threats of disbandment, or permawar, permazi. Who do you think the greater villians are in our eyes?

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1295700644' post='2591770']
Funny seeing you fight for Polar, after Bipolar, and for spying, after all the whining you did in Was's thread.

And if your treaty is not non-chaining then you are fools.
[/quote]
When we sign with someone we intend to defend them against all comers.
We don't chose to optionally defend them only if the esteemed Bob Janova agrees with our allies original cause for war.

Lets get things in a non biased view shall we?

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1295699366' post='2591759']
We haven't been the only ones to make moves. SLCB chose to spy on us and treat us like worse then Impero treated us a few months ago.
[/quote]

Your behaviour during that time was horrendous. You refused to accept the possibility you were wrong and kept on repeating 'We will war SLCB over this'. You're hardly in a position to war so I dont see why you made the threat. Had you actually spoken to the SLCB government you would have gotten a better response.

Poison Clan has criticized us and expected us to do as they said, yet never accepted our critiques of them, demanded things of us that they flat out refused to do when we asked the same of them, and Impero treated us like dirt. All of this in the past year.
[/quote]
We were not treatied to VE at the time and you never got us involved at the time.

I won't deny we've made some moves opening up to where we may have been closed minded before, but when you put it together from our viewpoint of things your "side" has never been very inviting to us, not even when you were supposedly defending us last year
[/quote]
We're right now regretting defending you from NpO last year. We should have let you burn. At the end of the day that entire war wouldnt have happened if the appropriate respect had been applied to all parties.
You spent lots of time badmouthing us then, and saying you were not enterring for \m/, but for PC and FOK.
[/quote]
Disrespect, not listening to your members, and your leadership making terrible decisions was the basis for this.
Your "side" has also been downright hostile towards us many times, blatantly stating a desire to roll us, make us pay reps and disband us. Granted so has the "other" side, but they have at least tried to make amends, your "side" has never done so. They've branched out,
[/quote]
And what side was this exactly?
and I can honestly say right now after CitizenKane and I had our little "chat" tonight that my opinion of NpO is greater than that of PC, if what CK told me was true and is a view shared by PC gov.
[/quote]
You've attacked our treaty partner, I'm not exactly going to be nice to you now am I?

Forgetting the history, your little alliance is not relevant, and I hope you learn to respect people more, because clearly you dont know how to respect the very people that saved you from destruction last year.

We also believe that you were asked by RoK whether they would mind you hitting us, and you said 'thats fine'.

I think that pretty much shows what friendship means to you and how you perceive the very people that allowed you to exist in the first place. Lets not forget the 5 Bil in free aid that we gave you over an 18 month period too.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1295700644' post='2591770']
Funny seeing you fight for Polar, after Bipolar, and for spying, after all the whining you did in Was's thread.

And if your treaty is not non-chaining then you are fools.
[/quote]
Funny seeing you fight over spying when you did the exact same thing, flipped the bird and walked away. You know what the difference is between the two situations? We weren't willing to put our mutual ally in a bad spot and you were. Whose the better for it? As to non chaining clauses, we don't have the stomach for elawyering.

[quote name='citizenkane' timestamp='1295700918' post='2591775']

We also believe that you were asked by RoK whether they would mind you hitting us, and you said 'thats fine'.

[/quote]

For now I would like to address these two.
First, neither of us are going to be non biased at this time, the notion that we could is silly.
Second, News flash, we didn't hit you and if we were asked to we would have said no. What we did do was honor the Mutual Defense clause of our treaty with RoK and went to the defense of RoK against SLCB. I can hardly see where anyone can fault that, especially since so many of the alliances in this war are picking and choosing where and who to attack and some even attacking on both sides.

Edited by Merrie Melodies

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1295701735' post='2591780']
For now I would like to address these two.
First, neither of us are going to be non biased at this time, the notion that we could is silly.
Second, News flash, we didn't hit you and if we were asked to we would have said no. What we did do was honor the Mutual Defense clause of our treaty wit RoK and went to the defense of RoK against SLCB. I can hardly see where anyone can fault that, especially since so many of the alliances in this war are picking and choosing where and who to attack and some even attacking on both sides.
[/quote]

So your war on SLCB has nothing to do with the fact you were annoyed with them last year?

[quote name='citizenkane' timestamp='1295701814' post='2591782']
So your war on SLCB has nothing to do with the fact you were annoyed with them last year?
[/quote]
Our war with SLCB is due to their attack on RoK, the incident of them spying on us sure did make it easier to swallow, won't lie about that, but, had SLCB not declared on RoK their would be no \m/ SLCB war now. Did nobody ever consider we would honor our treaty? TBH I was thinking SLCB attacked RoK to get a shot at us.

Merrie Melodies you told me directly that \m/ wasn't going to enter the war because of the non-chaining clauses in your treaties with RoK and Asgaard. I'm sure that you intended to actually do this until SLCB attacked Ragnarok. The bad blood between SLCB and \m/ was the driver behind this DoW, there can be no doubt about that.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1295702079' post='2591784']
Merrie Melodies you told me directly that \m/ wasn't going to enter the war because of the non-chaining clauses in your treaties with RoK and Asgaard. I'm sure that you intended to actually do this until SLCB attacked Ragnarok. The bad blood between SLCB and \m/ was the driver behind this DoW, there can be no doubt about that.
[/quote]
I think you need to read our treaties, you signed the one with RoK BTW. That is why I said that goofing with you, you of all people should have known there was no "non chaining"clause

Consider this an invitation to our Gangster Nation

I. Watchin our hoods
In the event that either signatory should be attacked, the other one is obligated to come to the defense of the attacked signatory.

II. Joint Thuggin
Should either party get up in someone elses hood the other is invited to get in on the slinging should they be sober enough

III. Where da hood at
If either signatory has information pertaining to other Thugs planning on sling in our hood we be sharing that stuff

IV. My crib your crib
Both parties recognize that we have different kinks and as such promise not to judge.

V. GTFO
If at some point in the future that one or both parties feel its time to end this agreement there will be a 72 hour grace period in which the treaty will still be in effect after an announcement is made of its cancellation.

Signed for \m/:
Comrade Goby, Dey See Me Rollin; Triumvir
Emperor Marx, Ballbuster Triumvir and Tech Raider Extraordinaire
Chief Savage Man, Triumvir
King Xander the Only, White Knight of \m/ and the True and Righteous Hero of Pink

Edited by Merrie Melodies

[/quote]
Sure

Your behaviour during that time was horrendous. You refused to accept the possibility you were wrong and kept on repeating

'We will war SLCB over this'. You're hardly in a position to war so I dont see why you made the threat. Had you actually

spoken to the SLCB government you would have gotten a better response.
[/quote]

Goby spied on us. That is an act of war. We contacted Goby, who said he wanted us to pay him 9 mill and 150 tech for him spying on us.
I contacted Schrodinger, who happened to be Goby in disguise, who repeated the same thing.
I contacted Faust, who didn't care that Goby spied on us.

In discussing this with PC gov we found out that Goby had impersonated Faust on IRC earlier that night. We spent 3 days dealing with Goby impersonating Faust and Schrodinger and of his demands that we pay him for his spy attack on us.

This seems like \m/ warmongering, right? Lets hear what the logs have to say:

[quote]18:39 EmperorMarx • Hey man.
18:39 EmperorMarx • What's up?
18:40 Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri] • Ah yes
18:40 Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri] • Well there seems to be a slight situation
18:40 EmperorMarx • Aye.
18:40 Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri] • I assume you know of our stated rep amount?
18:41 EmperorMarx • The one Goby gave?
18:42 Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri] • Yes, I believe it is quite the fiar amount
18:42 Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri] • *fair
18:42 EmperorMarx • 2 dollars?
18:42 Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri] • No 200 tech to Goby
18:43 Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri] • For emotional distress
18:44 Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri] • Seems to me to be a simple and efficient way to handle the solution
18:44 EmperorMarx • We're not paying Goby for committing an act of war against \m/.
18:45 Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri] • Act of war? The act of war was demanding reperations from Goby, from our point of view
18:45 Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri] • You do realize Goby and General were amigos and just messing around
18:46 EmperorMarx • Oh, and do you have proof of that?
18:46 Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri] • Yes
18:46 Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri] • Do you have proof that they aren't friends?
18:47 EmperorMarx • Lol
18:48 Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri] • Anyway a simple aid package of 200 tech and we can put this most unfortunate business behind

us
18:48 EmperorMarx • We'll just have to wait on Caliph to get on then because I don't feel like playing ames
18:48 EmperorMarx • games*
18:48 Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri] • What do you mean by that?
18:49 Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri] • Are you not a Triumvir?
18:49 Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri] • I believe Goby already talked to Calpih
18:49 Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri] • My bad it was Supreme[/quote]

[quote]15:56 <Caliph> hello
15:57 <Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri]> Greetings
15:57 <Caliph> Marx said that you rang, I'll be taking over negotiations from him.
15:57 <Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri]> Ahh yes
15:57 <Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri]> Perhaps you will be more inclined to see reason
15:58 <Caliph> I am, which is why we are asking for 9million and 150 tech.
15:58 <Caliph> instead of the higher amount of money Gobies spy attack caused Genera.
15:58 <Caliph> *General
15:59 <Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri]> Our figure is 200 tech to Goby
15:59 <Caliph> how do you figure Goby deserved reps for Goby's spy attack on the General?
16:00 <Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri]> Emotional distress caused by demands
16:01 <Caliph> i'm sure it was emotionally stressful that Goby spied on the General, and I think 9mill and 150 tech will help

Goby deal with the emotional distress
16:01 <Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri]> The spy attack cost Goby money
16:01 <Caliph> it cost General more
16:01 <Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri]> And we think reperations are fair
16:02 <Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri]> All the time you guys have spent whining to us, we could have used to buy tech
16:02 <Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri]> It's a simple elegant fix
16:02 <Caliph> if you can't whine and buy tech at the same time that is hardly our fault for your inedptitude
16:02 <Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri]> An example of diplomacy
16:04 <Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri]> Anyway you can send the tech in packets of 50
16:04 <Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri]> 4 simple payments[/quote]

[quote]16:09 <&Caliph> nonea@XXX
16:09 <&Caliph> that is what i get when i whois Schrodinger
16:09 <@tritonicon> lol, wait, Schrodinger isn't SCLB?
16:10 <@tritonicon> or you saying it isn't Schrodinger using that nick?
16:10 <&Caliph> http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=94221
16:11 <&Caliph> according to that
16:11 <&zoom> The guy using schrodinger's nick is Faust right now
16:11 <&Caliph> Schrodinger, Goby, and Faust are tris
16:11 <&Caliph> Schrodinger came to us as an SLCB tri
16:11 <&zoom> You might want to check the whois on goby that talked to you originally
16:11 <&Caliph> if he is indeed not a tri he is impersonating
16:11 <&Caliph> nonea@XXX is Goby's
16:12 <&zoom> That is goby's hostmask?
16:12 <@Sakura> Nick: comradegoby
16:12 <@Sakura> Username: nonea@XXX
16:12 <&zoom> Like I really don't know who the $%&@ I'm talking to
16:12 <@Sakura> Nick: faust
16:12 <@Sakura> Username: Faust@YYY
16:13 <&zoom> I thought I was talking to Faust earlier and I guess it was goby?
16:13 <&zoom> wtf
16:14 <@Sakura> Nick: Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri]
16:14 <@Sakura> Username: nonea@XXX
16:14 <&Caliph> eh
16:14 <&Caliph> looks like its Goby
16:14 <&zoom> Yeah, I was under the impression that the ohio-state mask was faust the entire time
16:14 <&Caliph> he changed that nick back
16:14 <&Caliph> its clear he, or someone from SLCB, is !@#$@#$ with us
16:15 <&Caliph> cuz Schrodinger[SLCB|Tri] just became ComradeGoby[/quote]

[quote]16:25 <Caliph> hello
16:25 <Faust> Don't bother
16:25 <Caliph> can i get an ident check on you then?
16:25 <Caliph> can you please PM me in game so i know its you
16:25 <Caliph> and not Goby playing tricks?
16:26 <Faust> No
16:26 <Faust> You can /whois me
16:26 <Caliph> not good enough

Faust is Faust@YYY * Faust
Faust is a registered nick
Faust on #Blinging13 &#pslcb ~#slcb
Faust using storm.coldfront.net Welcome to Coldfront!
Faust End of /WHOIS list.
-
16:26 <Caliph> just so we're clear
16:27 <Caliph> SLCB is asking \m/ for 200 tech in reparations for Goby of SLCB spying on the General of \m/, correct?
16:27 <Faust> No
16:27 <Caliph> can you clarify SLCB's position then?
16:27 <Faust> We, or at least I, don't want anything
16:27 <Caliph> Goby has stated he wants 200 tech from us
16:27 <Caliph> we want 9m 150 tech from him
16:28 <Caliph> he spied our member and caused him financial loss
16:28 <Caliph> we are demanding reps for this, 9m 150 tech
16:28 <Caliph> Goby has been ...less than diplomatic about this
16:30 <Faust> So I've seen
16:32 <Caliph> does SLCB condone his actions?
16:34 <Caliph> the sooner I understand your position, the sooner I'll leave you alone
16:34 <Caliph> We've been dealing with Goby for 2 days, I do not want to deal with him any longer over this issue.
16:35 <Caliph> If you are unwilling to talk, let me know.
16:37 <Faust> We don't want tech from you, we're not paying money to you, please stop going from triumvir to triumvir[/quote]

Goby impersonated Faust and Schrodinger, and demanded reps of us. We did go to SLCB gov, and that is how "they" (Goby and

Faust) responded. Goby impersonated all 3 triumvirs at various points in our attempt at finding a diplomatic resolution.

Luckily for the treaty web P0rksaber was on and rectified the situation that was caused by Goby impersonating all 3 SLCB

triumvirs.

Given these logs, it shows we attempted diplomacy with SLCB's triumvirs, to no avail due to their desire to not work with us.
It paints a different picture than what you are saying, doesn't it CitizenKane?
Gosh, \m/ doesn't seem like the warmongers who were all like 'rawr war with SLCB cuz we liek war', but rather "if we not get this solved and get some respect there will be war". Seeing SLCB's behavior towards us then, and given Impero's similar actions towards us a few months prior, is it any wonder why we would have pushed for war then?

P0rksaber worked with us when the SLCB gov would not. P0rksaber stopped the war.

I know what I am talking about. You don't.

That said, there is no friendship lost between SLCB and \m/. The situation from these logs was resolved to the mutual satisfaction of all parties. Our current war with SLCB is because that attacked our MD ally, Ragnarok. If they did not attack Ragnarok, then there would be no reason for \m/ to declare on SLCB.

Edited by Caliph

Moving to your other claims,

We were not treatied to VE at the time and you never got us involved at the time.
[/quote]You signed with VE after I personally let Derwood know of our outstanding issues. That did not help relations.

We're right now regretting defending you from NpO last year. We should have let you burn. At the end of the day that entire

war wouldnt have happened if the appropriate respect had been applied to all parties.
[/quote]That war would have happened regardless of what we did. Besides I remember PC and GOONS right there with us raiding

FOA.

Disrespect, not listening to your members, and your leadership making terrible decisions was the basis for this.
[/quote]The blame is not unidirectional. PC had their part to play in our declining relations, and I have outlined a few

things you (PC) have done. I told you in our discussion tonight that I have owned up to \m/'s mistakes and part in our

declining relations. You have yet to own up to PC's, and instead blame us for the entirety of the declining of relations.

And what side was this exactly?
[/quote]
PB and friends, but like I said folks on all "sides" have wished us harm, it just so happens some have branched out and worked to repair relations. It is no wonder we are more friendly with them than those who have only wished us harm, or those who hate us now because we honor our MD level treaties.

Edit: ah, apologies, I misunderstood. The "side" that has "branched out" is who you were speaking of. I won't spoil the full surprise but it should be obvious New Polar Order is on the list of alliances that we have no outstanding issues with, given our posts recently.

You've attacked our treaty partner, I'm not exactly going to be nice to you now am I?
[/quote] Your treaty partner attacked our treaty partner. Get over it.

Forgetting the history, your little alliance is not relevant, and I hope you learn to respect people more, because clearly

you dont know how to respect the very people that saved you from destruction last year.
[/quote]My respect for you ended tonight as per your discussion with me tonight.

[/quote]I have no knowledge of that happening, I was not in those discussions if that was said I was not there. That said,

we have no treaty now, and most of your alliance has shown us nothing but contempt since our cancellation.

I think that pretty much shows what friendship means to you and how you perceive the very people that allowed you to exist in

the first place. Lets not forget the 5 Bil in free aid that we gave you over an 18 month period too.
[/quote]
We allow ourselves to exist, Electron Sponge taught us that.

Edited by Caliph

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1295702322' post='2591789']
I think you need to read our treaties, you signed the one with RoK BTW. That is why I said that goofing with you, you of all people should have known there was no "non chaining"clause

Consider this an invitation to our Gangster Nation

I. Watchin our hoods
In the event that either signatory should be attacked, the other one is obligated to come to the defense of the attacked signatory.

II. Joint Thuggin
Should either party get up in someone elses hood the other is invited to get in on the slinging should they be sober enough

III. Where da hood at
If either signatory has information pertaining to other Thugs planning on sling in our hood we be sharing that stuff

IV. My crib your crib
Both parties recognize that we have different kinks and as such promise not to judge.

V. GTFO
If at some point in the future that one or both parties feel its time to end this agreement there will be a 72 hour grace period in which the treaty will still be in effect after an announcement is made of its cancellation.

Signed for \m/:
Comrade Goby, Dey See Me Rollin; Triumvir
Emperor Marx, Ballbuster Triumvir and Tech Raider Extraordinaire
Chief Savage Man, Triumvir
King Xander the Only, White Knight of \m/ and the True and Righteous Hero of Pink
[/quote]

I think its hillarious that out of the 4 people who signed that treaty only one of them is left. Says something \m/ that, doesnt it ?

[quote name='citizenkane' timestamp='1295702658' post='2591793']
I think its hillarious that out of the 4 people who signed that treaty only one of them is left. Says something \m/ that, doesnt it ?
[/quote]
Yes it does, \m/ is a very different alliance. On a personal level, I still think highly of each and every signatory of that treaty.

[quote name='mushi' timestamp='1295704406' post='2591815']
Yeah lets forget how PC put its neck out time adn time again to keep \m/ alive, and raid their ally. Rok does not need help with SLCB, its just your personal grudge with SLCB.
[/quote]
We're not forgetting all those times, but it makes it real real hard to remain civil when your gov threatens to disband or perma ZI my alliance now, don't it?

If SLCB didn't hit RoK, \m/ wouldn't have hit SLCB. Get that through your mind.