\m/ >_< \m/

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1295733010' post='2592377']
OOC: Sorry we couldn't manage to get everyone to rush to their computers and ignore prior engagements on short notice.

IC: We might not have a huge impact, but we'll definitely be standing by our allies.
[/quote]
That's fine, I just don't appreciate or understand the accusations that we're 'butthurt'. We aren't.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Faust Betreur' timestamp='1295733260' post='2592383']
That's fine, I just don't appreciate or understand the accusations that we're 'butthurt'. We aren't.
[/quote]
I think he's making that claim about PC members more than you guys.

[quote name='Faust Betreur' timestamp='1295733260' post='2592383']
[/quote]
If anyone in \m/ was insinuating that SLCB is/was butthurt they are wrong. I have access to the vast majority of back chan comm and I will say right now I have seen do evidence of SLCB being butthurt at all.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1295723786' post='2592207']
D3ath, you really do ALWAYS seem to, at every point, think that Polar is ALWAYS the sad victim of everyone else's whims. While I had zero fun getting rolled in the noCB war, its REALLY REALLY difficult to argue that Polaris didnt deserve it. There is a line that exists, between being a loyal soldier, and being blindly ignorant and defiant to literally everything Polaris has done that is wrong in its life. I, am , as loyal to Athens as can be, but I OWN our mistakes, and I try to see that they dont happen. I dont ignore them and hope they go away. You should try it sometime, and stop playing the unwitting victim.
[/quote]

I'm not discussing if Polaris made mistakes or not, what I'm discussing is that the CB against Polaris in noCB war was "Polaris is a threat to us" what is a crappy CB. If the so called "coalition" had declared against Polaris with the CB: "We are declaring against Polaris because they made many mistakes in the past" I'd be ok with that, but everyone who has half a brain knows that the noCB war was a plot of Pacifica/TOP against Polaris.

My first point also was not about noCB war, I was just giving an example of how Bob Janova was being a hypocrity about \m/ defending Ragnarok. I was great part of my CN career in the other side, fighting against NpO/NPO and I wasn't even in NpO when noCB war begun, so if you think that I'm defending Polaris because I was a member or because I'm a blindly ignorant and defiant soldier you are completely wrong.

[quote name='Timmehhh' timestamp='1295707029' post='2591856']
Disappointing to see you guys ganging up on SCLB whose slots are almost full anyway. Especially after the fact that SLCB went all out in the fight against New Polar a year ago while ROK did nothing to help you guys out. But it doesn't surprise me it all after hearing you were planning to treaty Polar to get back at PC. Also working with you guys during Polar was horrible, most of you stayed in peacemode while the other alliance (my own included) did all the fighting.

With that said, I can still somewhat understand you are honoring a treaty but the DOW and your behavior could have been way more tactful.
[/quote]

Any goodwill SLCB had was destroyed when Goby spied on us then impersonated the 2 other SLCB triumvirs to tell us that SLCB deserved reps over Goby spying on us. Besides, SLCB didn't enter for [b]us[/b], they enterred that war for FOK and iFOK.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1295708756' post='2591888']
I never claimed we did it for you. For all I cared you got obliterated in that war. PC is a different story though. They did it for you and this is how you repay them? Oh well..it's your choice.
[/quote]
A lot has happened this past year. You will note that PC and \m/ no longer have a treaty. You should also note that SLCB hit one of our two MDoaP allies. We have no treaty with SLCB, we do have one with RoK. Why would we not hit SLCB for PB, when PC has expressed nothing but contempt for us in the past few months?

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1295737717' post='2592499']
I can't believe this. 12 pages because \m/ decided to honor a treaty, one that had absolutely no possible conflicts too.
[/quote]

Well \m/ has been controversial in the past so that's part of it. And also, look who their main detractor is. I for one am glad to see \m/ step up, and not just because they are (inadvertently?) helping us out.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1295736397' post='2592475']
Any goodwill SLCB had was destroyed when Goby spied on us then impersonated the 2 other SLCB triumvirs to tell us that SLCB deserved reps over Goby spying on us. Besides, SLCB didn't enter for [b]us[/b], they enterred that war for FOK and iFOK.
[/quote]

Any goodwill? I think I met your rep requests timely and personally, with basically no questions. If you entered this war for ROK, then why does this keep coming up? You don't like Goby, he doens't like you. Whats the big deal?

[quote name='porksaber' timestamp='1295740136' post='2592587']
Any goodwill? I think I met your rep requests timely and personally, with basically no questions. If you entered this war for ROK, then why does this keep coming up? You don't like Goby, he doens't like you. Whats the big deal?
[/quote]
He made the claim that since SLCB entered on \m/'s side on the Polar war a year ago means that \m/ today owes SLCB and PC something.
SLCB made a huge ruckus when they enterred that they didn't come in for \m, but for iFOK and FOK. If they wanted us to feel a long lasting gratitude towards them, perhaps you could've changed how you treated us in the time between the Polar war and the time when Goby spied on us.

Now, there was minimal contact between \m/ and SLCB from the Polar war to the time Goby spied on us. Goby's actions and behavior during that incident, as shown by logs on the bottom of page 7, destroyed any "good will" \m/ had towards SLCB for their actions.

That said, you are correct in saying that [b]you[/b] performed wonderfully. Goby and the rest of your triumvirate did not.
That situation, as I made clear in our discussion tonight, was solved to the satisfaction of \m/.

What this means is that although SLCB might have been eligible for \m/ owing them something, Gobies actions switched the balance and your actions raised it up to neutral.

When you hit RoK we enterred. I am bringing up SLCB's actions towards \m/ to say that \m/ doesn't owe SLCB anything from the Polar war due to actions between now and then.

[quote name='citizenkane' timestamp='1295700918' post='2591775']
Lets get things in a non biased view shall we?

[/quote]

I laughed. Excellent joke.

[quote name='citizenkane' timestamp='1295700918' post='2591775']
Forgetting the history
[/quote]

Nothing new, you did that a long time ago.

Edited by Emperor Marx

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1295702079' post='2591784']
Merrie Melodies you told me directly that \m/ wasn't going to enter the war because of the non-chaining clauses in your treaties with RoK and Asgaard. I'm sure that you intended to actually do this until SLCB attacked Ragnarok. The bad blood between SLCB and \m/ was the driver behind this DoW, there can be no doubt about that.
[/quote]

What Merrie says we're going to do doesn't mean anything unless I agree with it, to be completely frank. That said I can guarantee everyone we were going to honor this MDoAP whether you or anyone else liked it or not.

[quote name='Faust Betreur' timestamp='1295712683' post='2591991']
Well thanks Caliph, for a long post that does nothing other than confirm that this declaration of war is the result of the bad blood from something we did 2 months ago. Nothing quite like waiting until we're being dogpiled by multiple alliances before taking your revenge, \m/ sure are badass.

(That was directed at Caliph's post with Schrodinger logs in it, I didn't realise there'd been two pages since then, heh)
[/quote]
You clearly didn't understand what the logs showed, perhaps because I tried not showing the host masks here, I wasn't sure if that was against the rules or not. If I get unbanned from your forums I'm wiling to send you the unedited logs of us finding out that it was Goby who impersonated Schrodinger. The logs on page 7 do not show Schrodinger speaking to us, that was really Goby impersonating Schrodinger, just as he had impersonated Faust earlier that same day.

We almost hit you over that situation, but P0rksaber stepped up and worked with us when the SLCB gov would not. P0rksabers actions solved that situation to our satisfaction, which raised our opinion of you from hostile and about to war you in 24 hours to neutral.

When you hit one of our two MD allies, did you think we would abandon our treaty? Ignore it? We only have 2, and that is because we intend to honor every one of our treaties, and have no plans on being culled to inaction when an ally gets hit due to conflicting treaties. All we have is our word that we will defend our friends and MD allies to the end, against whatever odds. We will defend our allies, we enterred for them, we will not leave the war before them.

Did Goby spying on us and impersonating the other 2 SLCB tri, yourself and Schrodinger, make this an easier decision? Sure, but the fact is \m/ would not have declared war on SLCB if it weren't for your war on Ragnarok.