Response to Rebel Virginia's False Accusations

Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Midkn1ght' timestamp='1295663255' post='2590364']
Some corrections Pezstar. Xiph was still trying to give Polar the benefit of doubt. He advised to be 100% sure, and even said that they need to screen shot a whois [b]if[/b] the spy talk were to take place again, cause txt logs can be screwed with easy. That's all he advised. Don't try to say he told them to set up a honeypot, cause he didn't. All he was saying is he didn't believe it was Daj, but if VE still felt it was, they better be damned sure. Give him more credit then that, he's sitting there telling our closest ally to be really, really, really sure that their worst enemy is really trying to mess with them, while telling Impero he thinks the whole thing is suspect/bs unless they can get more proof.

Personally if I was Impero and had what I thought was "rock solid proof" of a hated enemy serving their head up on a silver platter, and my best friend laughed at me and told me to be careful and get another batch of proof, I'd of flipped my wig he was still sticking up for the other side.
[/quote]

No, no. I don't think Xiph did anything wrong here. I didn't mean to imply that at all. Xiph and I may argue like lunatics at each other, but I DO think he's an honest and upfront guy. Sorry if I came across like that.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1295663168' post='2590355']

I didn't sell out a single alliance. So "you guys" is incorrect. IAA had a very easy way out of this. We could have followed Athens out with PC. However, I believe we were all genuinely concerned what would be next.

Nice try in trying to equate me with betraying people though.
[/quote]

"Polar Side"
"You guys"
Completely accurate. Guilty conscience? Had I meant you personally, I'd have said YOU PERSONALLY.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1295663168' post='2590355']
I guess we just disagree there. I like standing up for my morals no matter who it is. [/quote]

That's the rub. My morals are different than yours. Are yours right, or mine? I probably have an easier go at this because I don't project my morals upon everyone around me.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1295663252' post='2590363']
Who ever claimed life was fair?
[/quote]

No one. I just try to keep myself from doing the wrong thing so that the wrong thing isn't done to me. I believe many of these same alliances now fighting Polar fought another similar war based on that moral. It had an interesting name that hinted to what goes around comes around......oh yea....they call it Karma.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1295663432' post='2590381']
No one. I just try to keep myself from doing the wrong thing so that the wrong thing isn't done to me. I believe many of these same alliances now fighting Polar fought another similar war based on that moral. It had an interesting name that hinted to what goes around comes around......oh yea....they call it Karma.
[/quote]

I wasn't going there in my argument, but remember Bi-Polar? Yeah, Karma is a !@#$%*, huh?

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1295663349' post='2590374']
Humility? One of the Orders? I wouldn't hold your breath.
[/quote]

I actually saw NSO gain a lot of humility after being rolled all those times. I've seen \m/ gain a lot of humility. I think it's possible.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1295663422' post='2590379']
"Polar Side"
"You guys"
Completely accurate. Guilty conscience? Had I meant you personally, I'd have said YOU PERSONALLY.
[/quote]

I was not on Polar's side during bi-Polar. I think you might have missed that.

[quote name='Viking' timestamp='1295663429' post='2590380']
That's the rub. My morals are different than yours. Are yours right, or mine? I probably have an easier go at this because I don't project my morals upon everyone around me.
[/quote]

I have not projected my morals on anyone. Just saying what I believe on the OWF along with everyone else. If you're talking about Polar though yea let's be honest, they made mistakes. They know it. I think it's time to move on by now. Like I said before they have and still are paying for it. Pushing for their destruction and bringing down a whole host of alliances with them though isn't the way to do it.

[quote name='mythicknight' timestamp='1295663476' post='2590384']
No, no! It must get thicker! :awesome:
[/quote]

Okay!
[quote]
[21:02] <Lennox> allah hu akbar
[21:03] <TheMVP> Amiiiiin
[21:03] <Lennox> sup
[21:03] <TheMVP> You set this thing up eh?
[21:03] <Lennox> ya
[21:03] <Lennox> i just incited a global conflict in a few hours of playing after quitting for a few months
[21:03] <TheMVP> That Polar betraying you last war didn't sit right with you either eh?
[21:03] <Lennox> lol
[21:03] <Lennox> nope
[21:03] <Lennox> so i just $%&@ed them over
[21:05] <TheMVP> http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97242
[21:07] <Lennox> \o/[/quote]

[quote][20:17] <Lennox> Welp I was asked to leave NSO lol
[20:17] <Lennox> #nso rather
[20:17] <TheMVP> You care too much
[20:17] <TheMVP> That's why lol
[20:17] <Lennox> What do you mean?
[20:18] <TheMVP> They're forgetting what Polaris did, you haven't moved on
[20:18] <TheMVP> Because you still cared
[20:19] <Lennox> And was bored
[20:19] <Lennox> You have no idea how hard I was laughing in front of my comp last night
[20:19] <TheMVP> lol
[20:19] <TheMVP> I rejoiced like a $%^&@#
[20:19] <Lennox> I come back to CN and within a week and minimal effort I kicked off a major war
[20:19] <Lennox> Dude isn't it funny that we are now rejoicing over polar's destruction
[20:20] <Lennox> Because when we first got to know each other we were getting rolled @ polar[/quote]

Don't know if it changes anything but hey, I tried. :)

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1295663111' post='2590350']
[color="#0000FF"]So you don't deny that this was a set up at all? Well, at least you're being slightly less dishonest now. I suppose that counts for something.

But yes, Dajobo says that if he were to spy he'd spy on someone relevant. That's like me saying if I were to attack someone I'd attack VE. It doesn't necessarily mean a thing. It's just talk. Lennox went to VE of his own accord, and not on anyone's orders. He went there with the intent to screw over Polaris, and you happily helped him.[/color]
[/quote]
Except he was not speculating on who he would spy on, he was very clearly giving him advice.

20:33 Chancy I should spy on MHA
20:33 Chancy Just to make them mad
20:33 Dajobo|NpO| nah they aren't the enemy
20:34 Dajobo|NpO| pick domeone worth spying on
20:35 Chancy Give me suggestions
20:36 Dajobo|NpO| VE or MK are the two who are heavily involved in world politics
20:36 Dajobo|NpO| anything that happens will come through them first

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1295663517' post='2590388']
I wasn't going there in my argument, but remember Bi-Polar? Yeah, Karma is a !@#$%*, huh?
[/quote]

Except most of the alliances you now see taking hits for Polar had nothing to do with bi-Polar. We didn't benefit from it at all like NPO's allies had before Karma. We didn't help plan out betraying TOP and countless others. However, PB has decided it can do what it wants and delete people from what was once "our" side. It disappoints me. No one wants to stand up for what's right anymore though.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1295663600' post='2590392']I have not projected my morals on anyone. Just saying what I believe on the OWF along with everyone else. If you're talking about Polar though yea let's be honest, they made mistakes. They know it. I think it's time to move on by now. Like I said before they have and still are paying for it. Pushing for their destruction and bringing down a whole host of alliances with them though isn't the way to do it.
[/quote]

Maybe it is though? Your making the mistake that many make in assuming some of us who fought during Karma were white knights for moralism. I'm not, so I don't really care if NpO gets rolled. Plus now I'm fighting UPN and maybe GATO and that could be the best thing ever.

Lighten up, Francis.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1295663819' post='2590410']
Lennox must have said some things you didn't like very much. I wonder what that could've been...

[img]http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq31/cduggan81d/SithBiznus/LennoxBanned.png[/img]
[/quote]

Oh and don't forget the oh so honorable Ardus has promised to roll him for his betrayal. Betrayal over what exactly? Care to explain Ardus, the second betrayal not the first.

Are you a coward.

Yyyyup. :smug:

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1295663700' post='2590401']
You'll find all the humility in Grub's postings :)
[/quote]

Yea where he takes personal blame for things. Grub doesn't usually say sorry or take blame for things, but there he was saying it. You're right you can find it in his posts.

[quote name='Viking' timestamp='1295663788' post='2590408']
Maybe it is though? Your making the mistake that many make in assuming some of us who fought during Karma were white knights for moralism. I'm not, so I don't really care if NpO gets rolled. Plus now I'm fighting UPN and maybe GATO and that could be the best thing ever.

Lighten up, Francis.
[/quote]

I've talked to Xiph many times about GOD's views in Karma. I know you guys only rolled out because it was your ally. I understand that. I just wish that those alliances hiding under the cloak of moralism wouldn't hide. I wish they'd follow it like they claim they do.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1295663767' post='2590407']
Except most of the alliances you now see taking hits for Polar had nothing to do with bi-Polar. We didn't benefit from it at all like NPO's allies had before Karma. We didn't help plan out betraying TOP and countless others. However, PB has decided it can do what it wants and delete people from what was once "our" side. It disappoints me. No one wants to stand up for what's right anymore though.
[/quote]

And alot of alliances had nothing to do with Grub wanting to take revenge.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1295664008' post='2590425']
Yea where he takes personal blame for things. Grub doesn't usually say sorry or take blame for things, but there he was saying it. You're right you can find it in his posts.[/quote]
Very few, couple or so more of half-assed "I screwed up" followed by many months of boasting is not humility. Regardless, I doubt he, me or anyone else really cares about it now, maybe you do and I can understand and respect your point of view.

Edited by shahenshah

Except most of the alliances you now see taking hits for Polar had nothing to do with bi-Polar.
[/quote]

No, but they decided to renew, extend, keep or sign treaties with Polar after bi-polar. No one forced them to do that.

[/quote]

Yeah, it's not like Polar and a lot its allies weren't hostile to others on "our side". UPN anyone?

So, just to get this clear, your CB is still that Dajobo "pointed Lennox in the right direction".

Right?

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1295663736' post='2590403']
Except he was not speculating on who he would spy on, he was very clearly giving him advice.

20:33 Chancy I should spy on MHA
20:33 Chancy Just to make them mad
20:33 Dajobo|NpO| nah they aren't the enemy
20:34 Dajobo|NpO| pick domeone worth spying on
20:35 Chancy Give me suggestions
20:36 Dajobo|NpO| VE or MK are the two who are heavily involved in world politics
20:36 Dajobo|NpO| anything that happens will come through them first
[/quote]

I guess it is.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='greenacres' timestamp='1295663298' post='2590369']
They're simple text files. You could fake an entire conversation with a person that never actually happened, and load it back up into mirc and take screenshots of them. Again, I'm not saying he's guilty of anything, just that he should know mirc logs are nowhere near concrete.

[edit:] And my personal feelings on this matter is that NpO is !@#$, so it would be hard to say I'm biased against VE in this instance. VE is by far the lesser of two evils.
[/quote]
No, look at it properly. It's not just a case of editing the files: http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/Impero55/6.png

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1295663695' post='2590399']
With some IT knowledge, that to can easily be edited[/quote]
Not in the timeframe though. We have the original creation date as well as the time edited which all fits together. He would have to do some fairly extensive mods in a short space of time [in which he never logged off IRC, he would need to restart his computer].

[quote name='Nobody Expects' timestamp='1295663761' post='2590406']
mIRC logs, change PC time and date, edit, and save, even I can do that, at least photoshopping takes skill xD
[/quote]
Yeah, photoshop would be the only way to fake that. But that way insanity lies :<