Tetris Made New Friends.

USMC123

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295673276' post='2590938']
No, not really, but I'd not expect you to know why.

Mind you, this has exactly what to do with anything, other than your undying hatred for us?
[/quote]

Just pointing out that when looking at those who try to discredit us, it often pays to consider the source.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1295673712' post='2590985']
Just pointing out that when looking at those who try to discredit us, it often pays to consider the source.
[/quote]
Neither Bern or I did anything to discredit you here, that's been hashed to death. No, those efforts came from elsewhere, and the source is indeed suspect.

[quote name='Veneke' timestamp='1295654433' post='2589758']
On a personal note. Solid DoW, I thoroughly enjoyed it. [b]Nicely done Darth Pollard.[/b]

As a rule of thumb, secret treaties are just a bad idea in general. So whoever thought it was a good one... well, you thought wrong.
[/quote]

How dare you give Polly credit for that.

As far as the secret treaty, why is that a rule? No one has done it since LUE and it worked out just fine for us.

:Dealwithit:

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1295674405' post='2591044']

As far as the secret treaty, why is that a rule? No one has done it since LUE and it worked out just fine for us.

[/quote]

Although, as another rule of thumb, it is best to keep your other treatiers informed on such things as to avoid conflicts.

[quote name='Saniiro Matsudaira' timestamp='1295674589' post='2591060']
Although, as another rule of thumb, it is best to keep your other treatiers informed on such things as to avoid conflicts.
[/quote]

As we said before, our bad.

On a serious note: Why would it matter having a secret treaty or not? Other then being butt hurt, it's like the trump card. No one likes that you have it, but we all deal with the hand we were dealt.

So lets say planet BOB wants to roll slcb, yet we have 10 secret treaties, is that not a good thing to have people defend us when we need? So closed minded you people are <_<

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1295674405' post='2591044']

[/quote]

Sorry, I was under the impression that Dart Pollard wrote this - he made a post vaguely relating to that point that I may have read too much into.

Curiously, Saniiro Matsudaira actually answered this and despite you admitting you were in the wrong there you seem oblivious as to how it relates to the "secret treaty" thing. Informing people globally is not the point I was making. Not informing your allies was. One of the reasons all treaties aren't secret is that they usually can't stay secret for long, which negates the point in the first place. Its a rule of thumb because your allies tend to like to be kept in the know. Having already admitted that you were wrong not to keep them in the loop, attempting to argue that secret treaties are not a bad idea just shows everybody just how much you think of your allies despite your protests of "our bad.".

So which is it? Either not telling them was a bad idea and thus the secret treaty was a bad idea, as it was too secret for its own good. Or it was a good idea and the public treaty with New Sakura Order means less to you than a secret one...

[quote name='Veneke' timestamp='1295700380' post='2591768']
Sorry, I was under the impression that Dart Pollard wrote this - he made a post vaguely relating to that point that I may have read too much into.

Curiously, Saniiro Matsudaira actually answered this and despite you admitting you were in the wrong there you seem oblivious as to how it relates to the "secret treaty" thing. Informing people globally is not the point I was making. Not informing your allies was. One of the reasons all treaties aren't secret is that they usually can't stay secret for long, which negates the point in the first place. Its a rule of thumb because your allies tend to like to be kept in the know. Having already admitted that you were wrong not to keep them in the loop, attempting to argue that secret treaties are not a bad idea just shows everybody just how much you think of your allies despite your protests of "our bad.".

So which is it? Either not telling them was a bad idea and thus the secret treaty was a bad idea, as it was too secret for its own good. Or it was a good idea and the public treaty with New Sakura Order means less to you than a secret one...
[/quote]

I'm still failing to see how this in any way relates to you.

[quote name='Darth Pollard' timestamp='1295700647' post='2591771']
I'm still failing to see how this in any way relates to you.
[/quote]

You posted on a public forum acting on a secret treaty during a middle of a war. Then you got annoyed at an ally for expressing his concern in public. Now you're wondering what I'm doing here? I'm sensing a trend in these developments...

You see how this is "public"? That's what invites people to comment on things, even comments you don't like. Its part of the public nature of the announcement. If you want it private or secret, you're doing it wrong. Curiously, had you not mentioned "secret" at all, I doubt anyone would have picked up on it. Something for future reference I imagine.

[quote name='Veneke' timestamp='1295706455' post='2591839']
You posted on a public forum acting on a secret treaty during a middle of a war. Then you got annoyed at an ally for expressing his concern in public. Now you're wondering what I'm doing here? I'm sensing a trend in these developments...

You see how this is "public"? That's what invites people to comment on things, even comments you don't like. Its part of the public nature of the announcement. If you want it private or secret, you're doing it wrong. Curiously, had you not mentioned "secret" at all, I doubt anyone would have picked up on it. Something for future reference I imagine.
[/quote]

Our declaration of war on UINE is public. Nothing else is.

[quote name='Darth Pollard' timestamp='1295707028' post='2591855']
Our declaration of war on UINE is public. Nothing else is.
[/quote]

There are 6ish pages that are also public... and during those 6 pages it came to light the confusing position Tetris has taken, leading to my question. Which was also public, as is your secret treaty. In point of fact, I'd say there's a good deal more public in this thread than you seem to believe.

[quote name='dragonknight1000' timestamp='1295731451' post='2592327']
don't make me get the cardboard box lined w/ lead and no air holes to trap you in it
[/quote]

16:32 @Mack • why is DK trheatening me on OWF and not on here
16:32 @Pollard[Glowing] • He likes you
16:32 &Hereno • because he's a dragon furry
16:33 @Mack • technically
16:33 @Mack • dragons have scales

[quote name='General Mack' timestamp='1295732701' post='2592364']
16:32 @Mack • why is DK trheatening me on OWF and not on here
16:32 @Pollard[Glowing] • He likes you
16:32 &Hereno • because he's a dragon furry
16:33 @Mack • technically
16:33 @Mack • dragons have scales