Viridian Entente Declaration of War

Goldie

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1295616665' post='2589065']
Just as an update here, I did speak to Cent. In fact, I'm speaking with him right now. He's assured me that, not only are you lying here and you didn't tell them in advance, Goldie went to them and discussed it after and admitted you made a mistake here.

So way to straight up lie!
[/quote]

Eh that is taking it quite out of context, we were not informed by accident and actually got an apology. VE handled this very well actually.

Edit: In addition I can understand how the notice would have been hard to give considering my Lord of Brotherhood was busy, my Chancellor off-line and I to sleep.

Edited by Centurius

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as an update here, I did speak to Cent. In fact, I'm speaking with him right now. He's assured me that, not only are you lying here and you didn't tell them in advance, Goldie went to them and discussed it after and admitted you made a mistake here.

[/quote]

[quote name='hertugen' timestamp='1295617762' post='2589076']
Ouch. Does it not hurt to always be wrong? And to be exposed as a liar again and again and again?
[/quote]

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1295623108' post='2589144']
Eh that is taking it quite out of context, we were not informed by accident and actually got an apology. VE handled this very well actually.

Edit: In addition I can understand how the notice would have been hard to give considering my Lord of Brotherhood was busy, my Chancellor off-line and I to sleep.
[/quote]

Thank you for clearing that up Centurius, though I was amused at Impero being called a liar over "Have a chat with Cent."

[quote name='Mark XIII' timestamp='1295624689' post='2589169']
Thank you for clearing that up Centurius, though I was amused at Impero being called a liar over "Have a chat with Cent."
[/quote]
It was pretty amusing. Perhaps she had a lapse of judgement due to lack of concentration, but luckily that's nothing if not curable with a hearty meal and a good night's sleep! I'm sure she will be back to her coherent self in no time.

Edited by Solaris

[/quote]

There were plenty of us online still.......

[/quote]
At this point I'm basically convinced that pezstar's lying has become a pathos. It's a little concerning.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1295628296' post='2589228']
:lol1: a brilliant yet totally asshat move. It's nice to see that you hold your mutual treaty partner with STA in such high regard that you'd attack one of their allies.

And with that, the war does a zigzag.
[/quote]
This has been done in the past during wars to limit counter declarations. It's nothing new.

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1295617702' post='2589074']
If they don't have a choice of targets, that's one thing. If they have plenty of targets and happen to choose my ally (or worse, do it on purpose to try to get me to stay neutral), I don't think that's cool. To each his own though.

-Bama
[/quote]

But, Bama, NV and TOOL are the enemy.

[quote name='Bergerland' timestamp='1295596414' post='2588820']
You mean you didn't give your enemy advance warning of a potential attack? What a terrible alliance you are! For shame, VE! For shame. :((
[/quote]

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1295629257' post='2589244']
This has been done in the past during wars to limit counter declarations. It's nothing new.
[/quote]
That doesn't mean it's not an asshat move. And in my four years here, I can happily say that I never have done it nor will I ever condone it.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1295629723' post='2589258']
But, Bama, NV and TOOL are the enemy.
[/quote]
That is completely missing the point. NV isn't the enemy, STA is. His point was that by telling NV, they would turn around and tell STA. I'm guessing you already knew that though, and couldn't pass up the chance to try and sound witty.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1295586264' post='2588159']
[color="#0000FF"]....It might surprise you, but VE is my least favorite alliance ever (you beat NPO guys!)...[/color][/quote]

Another of our cherished stats taken away. This makes me unhappy. :(( VE :((

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1295602589' post='2588930']
Do you have any reason to believe or proof that VE hasn't maintained full and frank communication with NV during this entire conflict? I bet they have.
[/quote]

Yeah, just like it was true when they claimed that "RoK gave us the green light to attack Polar"

[/quote]

And, despite Cent's post forgiving you for not notifying NV in advance, the fact remains that you didn't do so. The lies just keep piling up for you, VE. Too bad that you can't develop a hidden lie silo to store them in. They must cause quite an eyesore in Viridia.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1295630712' post='2589279']
That is completely missing the point. NV isn't the enemy, STA is. His point was that by telling NV, they would turn around and tell STA. I'm guessing you already knew that though, and couldn't pass up the chance to try and sound witty.
[/quote]

Actually, they wouldn't have told us. NV is a pretty awesome ally, and they get a pass on small infractions. NV would have simply said "We don't think it's Athens attacking you after all." and then apologized within moments of your declaration going up. And, because we've been in their crappy position before, with allies warring allies, we'd have told them that we understand completely and been ok with it.

We have faith in them, you see. You should try it.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1295631078' post='2589285']
Actually, they wouldn't have told us. NV is a pretty awesome ally, and they get a pass on small infractions. NV would have simply said "We don't think it's Athens attacking you after all." and then apologized within moments of your declaration going up. And, because we've been in their crappy position before, with allies warring allies, we'd have told them that we understand completely and been ok with it.

[/quote]
Ya'know, if you read Centurius' post, you would know it was an accident we didn't inform them. !@#$ happens, oh well. We apologized for the mistake, just like NV would have done. I see nothing that shows us not trusting them. That doesn't quite fit in with your rhetoric though, so go ahead and keep ignoring it.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1295628816' post='2589236']
At this point I'm basically convinced that pezstar's lying has become a pathos. It's a little concerning.
[/quote]

But the Siberian Tiger Alliance is a group of the finest and honest leaders that Planet Bob has to offer! How could you suggest such a thing Voytek?

For shame :(

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1295630876' post='2589281']And, despite Cent's post forgiving you for not notifying NV in advance, the fact remains that you didn't do so. The lies just keep piling up for you, VE. Too bad that you can't develop a hidden lie silo to store them in. They must cause quite an eyesore in Viridia.
[/quote]
This is some of the most tortured rhetoric yet.

Edited by Voytek

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1295628816' post='2589236']
At this point I'm basically convinced that pezstar's lying has become a pathos.[/quote]
I confess that your usage of the word pathos here confuses me. Does it have a slang meaning? Perhaps I just misunderstand what you're trying to say.

On the issue at hand: if NV is content, then I am content. Let's settle our other issues with fire.

[quote name='bzelger' timestamp='1295632289' post='2589312']I confess that your usage of the word pathos here confuses me. Does it have a slang meaning? Perhaps I just misunderstand what you're trying to say.[/quote]
It means I pity her. I don't think she could stop herself from doing it if she tried.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1295630712' post='2589279']
That is completely missing the point. NV isn't the enemy, STA is. His point was that by telling NV, they would turn around and tell STA. I'm guessing you already knew that though, and couldn't pass up the chance to try and sound witty.[/quote]

If you didnt intend to fulfil the words of the treaty, you shouldnt have signed the treaty. This is pretty basic stuff.

In all seriousness NV, completely sorry about this, I promise to yell at people for being dumb and failing to inform you guys, and I know this doesn't make up for it, but again really sorry.

On to other matters, STA and IAA, please attack nation of Argoria for good time, thanks!

Actually, they wouldn't have told us. NV is a pretty awesome ally, and they get a pass on small infractions.
[/quote]

Whether they would have informed STA, and if so, when, and to what extent, should have been Nueva Vida's call to make.

[/quote]

From what I gather, it was less a lack of faith in Nueva Vida's ability to find an equitable solution than a failure in our own ability to keep them informed. Whether by accident, time constraints, or missed connections, it's still regrettable.