With Regards to the Siberian TIger Alliance

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' timestamp='1295587409' post='2588267']
This was about my thoughts on the matter. If you wanted to war so badly you couldn't wait for a target to present itself that wouldn't give your allies a CB against you, then quite frankly, I'll enjoy watching your nations being burned to the ground.
[/quote]

Don't worry, we have spoken to our allies in great detail about this. We do not care about our nations burning to the ground. They can be rebuilt. We have been down this road many times so it's nothing new to us.

Although, I must say, It would please me greatly to have our alliance take a swing at you in the future. ;)

You're [i]too [/i]kind guys, really [i]too [/i]kind. So after we pledge to not attack your ally you turn around and do this, thanks a bunch ;). IAA, TIO and GATO are honoured to know you would be [i]so[/i] kind.

Edited by Scorponok

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1295588196' post='2588365']
Not you're a coward for frothing at the mouth with blood lust yet doing nothing.
[/quote]
You have me there, Damsky. You and I may have our differences, but I admit, you're far more willing to go to war at the drop of a hat against nations and alliances you hate than I am. Then again, I find having more than a few infrastructure levels on hand at any given time helps to win wars, but that may just be me... :unsure:

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1295606739' post='2588971']
Don't worry, we have spoken to our allies in great detail about this.
[/quote]
Yes, I got as much from replies such as...

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1295617653' post='2589071']
You're [i]too [/i]kind guys, really [i]too [/i]kind. So after we pledge to not attack your ally you turn around and do this, thanks a bunch ;). IAA, TIO and GATO are honoured to know you would be [i]so[/i] kind.
[/quote]
No, wait a minute... these replies seem to indicate the exact opposite. Nevermind.

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' timestamp='1295618872' post='2589090']
No, wait a minute... these replies seem to indicate the exact opposite. Nevermind.
[/quote]

You're right, because we talked to every single member of those alliances and they all had the same reaction :rolleyes:

[/quote]

Good sir, you appear to be mad.

Are you mad?

[quote name='Goose' timestamp='1295638936' post='2589427']
I support the ZI of WickedJ. Best of luck Athens.
[/quote]
i do too. Maybe ill stop by an attack [s]you[/s]Liz next week

[/quote]
You should definitly come roll us. all seriousness too. war is fun lets not break out the OMG U ATTAX MY ALLIES crap 'cus everyone is allied to everyone

Side note: Our opponents seem to be having a good time, why is it everyone else feels the need to rain on the parade

Edited by wickedj

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' timestamp='1295618872' post='2589090']
Then again, I find having more than a few infrastructure levels on hand at any given time helps to win wars, but that may just be me... :unsure:
[/quote]

If only you actually fought them.

You have 350k casualties. I have 530k. I have never gotten past 10k NS. You are 80k NS.

You are the textbook definition of an infra-hugger.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1295654324' post='2589754']
If only you actually fought them.

You have 350k casualties. I have 530k. I have never gotten past 10k NS. You are 80k NS.

You are the textbook definition of an infra-hugger.
[/quote]
If that's supposed to be an insult, it's a really bad one. I'm honestly not sure what you think is so bad about wanting to grow my nation and not actively seeking warfare, but it's sort of the point of running a nation. I've never backed away from warfare; I've never weaseled my way out of fighting a war: every war any alliance of mine was in, I fought in. Just because I don't go rogue someone I hate every time my nation strength threatens to break double-digits doesn't make me a coward. It just... doesn't make me an idiot, either.

tl;dr - infra-hugging is a trait of good leadership; people who are routinely in alliances that don't go to war every other week aren't cowards. I guess I'm done here.

Edited by Michael von Prussia

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' timestamp='1295655873' post='2589824']
If that's supposed to be an insult, it's a really bad one. I'm honestly not sure what you think is so bad about wanting to grow my nation and not actively seeking warfare, but it's sort of the point of running a nation. I've never backed away from warfare; I've never weaseled my way out of fighting a war: every war any alliance of mine was in, I fought in. Just because I don't go rogue someone I hate every time my nation strength threatens to break double-digits doesn't make me a coward. It just... doesn't make me an idiot, either.

tl;dr - infra-hugging is a trait of good leadership; people who are routinely in alliances that don't go to war every other week aren't cowards. I guess I'm done here.
[/quote]
We haven't been at war in at war for nearly a year?

Who are these alliances that you've bravely fought against when the times called for it? And no, signing a petition doesn't count.

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1295669224' post='2590700']
Oh god, you're serious. :psyduck:
[/quote]
I am. I'm not saying one should avoid war at all costs: if war comes, by means of a valid CB and when diplomatic attempts at conflict-resolution fail, or by a need to honor a treaty, so be it. But actively going and looking for war, whether it be as a national leader or an alliance leader, is just plain ridiculous.

To bring this back on topic, take this declaration. I may not agree with it, but at the very least Athens is entering the war to honor a treaty it holds. I've no problem with this declaration in its principle. On the other hand, VE's initial declaration, whether the CB is valid or not, I'm not too pleased with, for the sole reason that there was no need. As numerous people have pointed out, any reasonable attempt at diplomacy could have resolved the issue without war. VE, or VE's leadership, [i]wanted[/i] a war, and desire for war - the opposite of what Damsky labeled 'infra-hugging' - is a trait of bad leadership.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1295669970' post='2590746']
We haven't been at war in at war for nearly a year?
[/quote]
Sorry if there's confusion - that was directed at Damsky, not at Athens. His nation and past alliances have been far more war-hungry, and as stated above, I've no problem with this declaration in principle, even if I disagree with its execution.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' timestamp='1295669970' post='2590746']
Who are these alliances that you've bravely fought against when the times called for it? And no, signing a petition doesn't count.
[/quote]
Not that this is relevant, as far as I see, but I fought GGA as a member of iFOK in the Karma War, and Hydra as a member of the SOS Brigade in the Winter War. Again: my alliance entered a war, I fought. I think that's what the vast majority of people do, so I seriously don't think I'm that far away from your average ruler in this regard.

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' timestamp='1295670978' post='2590823']
Not that this is relevant, as far as I see, but I fought GGA as a member of iFOK in the Karma War, and Hydra as a member of the SOS Brigade in the Winter War.
[/quote]

MvP, I'd like to apologize for insulting your warrior skills in fighting possibly the two best militaries in CN: GGA and Hydra. Truly you must have endured great hardship when engaging against these two worthy foes. I can almost imagine having to fight off GGA's 50 bombers per air attack. I shudder to think what I would have done against such an onslaught.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1295673810' post='2590998']
MvP, I'd like to apologize for insulting your warrior skills in fighting possibly the two best militaries in CN: GGA and Hydra. Truly you must have endured great hardship when engaging against these two worthy foes. I can almost imagine having to fight off GGA's 50 bombers per air attack. I shudder to think what I would have done against such an onslaught.
[/quote]
Did I ever say they were hard wars to win? :v: