War Stats

Joseph Black

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295439174' post='2583712']
Different names have been used already for different wars, but one side is technically always the resistance if they fight back and don't try giving up right away.
[/quote]Both sides are always the resistance unless they intend to lose. Read your definition again.

[quote name='Rocky Horror' timestamp='1295439943' post='2583731']
Both sides are always the resistance unless they intend to lose. Read your definition again.
[/quote]
One side is the aggressor, the other is resisting in response to force being used against them. VE isn't fighting in response to force being used by NpO against them, they are attacking because they want to hurt NpO due to what was said in the logs they got from Lennox. If VE didn't attack there would be nothing for either of them to fight in resistance of.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295440182' post='2583736']
One side is the aggressor, the other is resisting in response to force being used against them. VE isn't fighting in response to force being used by NpO against them, they are attacking because they want to hurt NpO due to what was said in the logs they got from Lennox. If VE didn't attack there would be nothing for either of them to fight in resistance of.
[/quote]oh ok so i was supposed to not use your posted definition

i guess thats cool too yeah.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1295440182' post='2583736']
[/quote]
That's your opinion, I don't see why an entire coalition should be named based on your interpretation of events.

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1295439384' post='2583716']
PB vs NpO & allies (possibly changing to PB & allies vs NpO & allies) would be the logical choice, it's factual and doesn't use terms loaded with connotations that benefit the author's biased views against one of the combatants.
[/quote]
I'd have to agree with this

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1295436686' post='2583674']
lol that's slightly biased based on your own personal opinions Methrage, I'm sure you could also call them "Those Who Spy Joined By Those Who Condone It" using the same logic.
[/quote]

"[i]Those who send spies[/i]" and "t[i]hose who denounce them but get a war declaration against them instead of a thank you[/i]".... but "Hegemony" and "resistance" is shorter and mre practical.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1295459083' post='2584045']
The Resistance is the name of CN alliance. One that will most likely be on the PB side of things should the war go global. Why on earth would you use that as a name to describe Polar/friends?
[/quote]
My thoughts exactly. As Kowalski mentioned, I think PB+allies and NpO+allies is fairest until/unless sides want to start arbitrarily naming themselves.

If Polar ever starts another bloc though, the Antartica mention would be a really good name for it.